Kilwa Beach Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewstripstanzaniaruinslodgeparadisecoastbungalowboat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It was a nice start of our holiday in Tanzania. Very nice people, staff and owners. The food was marvellous. And the sea and the sun did the rest.
The sea offered a nice and hot place te swimm and to discover a lot of life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
daveydumdo, Owner at Kilwa Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks for your review!

The Kilwa team

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We camped for 2 nights at Kilwa Beach Lodge and we had a wonderful time. The food was great, the lodges looked tasteful, the shower/toilet builiding was pretty and clean and Dave and Lily were very nice and helpful. Arguably the best place in Kilwa!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed

Hopefully see you in Kilwa again

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Kilwa beach lodge is an affordable rustic rest place with all bungalows having its unique style. The position of on the eastern side means beautiful sunrise over the Indian ocean. The food is great and the atmosphere layed back. Dave, Lillian and Zack (who has the best life in the country) are great people who take their commitment to the environment very seriously.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad you enjoyed; hopefully see you in Kilwa again and yep Zach has a great life :)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at Kilwa Beach Lodge for one night while en route from Mafia Island to Mikindani (Mtwara). My experience was excellent from start to finish! I utilized their online reservation and payment system at the front end, and was able to access a very favorable special rate package available to East African Residents. Included were complimentary airport pickup, a very tasty meal of fresh fish for supper, an en suite beach banda and breakfast (although my very early departure did not allow me to access it). Staff were at the airport to meet me as promised, and even stopped in town at my request to gather some toiletries. Upon arriving at the Lodge, I was warmly greeted by Dave (owner/manager) and his staff and shown to my banda that, as promised and pictured on their website, offered very comfortable accommodation and a stunning view out over the beach and bay. In the afternoon, my reservation and order for supper was taken, given that everything is freshly prepared. I enjoyed a peaceful walk along the beach in the afternoon and spent a bit of time at the creatively-designed beach bar. Everything went according to plan! The best was very comfortable and the bedside remote-controlled LED lighting was very convenient from within my mosquito net! The staff helped me make arrangements for a very early morning pickup by a bajaj to take me to the bus heading south, and even came to my room in the wee hours of the morning to help me with my bags and see me off. Probably the most meaningful compliment I can offer is that I now - without reservation - recommend Kilwa Beach Lodge to anyone I know traveling through there area. I wish I could have stayed longer myself!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for the review Stephen and glad you had such a good time as well as making use of our handy online booking system.

Hopefully see you in Kilwa again

Reviewed 31 October 2013

A beautiful setting where we could unwind to soak up the turquoise sea, lulled by the sound of the waves and the wind in the palm fronds. Step out of your banda into the warm ocean; wander up the unspoiled stretches of sand where the fishermen go about their business of making a living; make an excursion to the magical ruins of palaces, mosques and villages dating back to the 1500s with an excellent guide. Fishing trips and snorkelling are also available, but we did not sample these. This lovely little lodge is warm and welcoming with excellent staff who do their best at every turn. The food is scrumptious, a lot of it fresh from the sea. Well tended, bright gardens and charming people. Highly recommended if you want an idyllic retreat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hopefully see you guys again soon and then you can finish the bird count!

Thanks