“Family Holiday”

Anglers Rest Hotel
Anglers Rest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Headford
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We came to your Hotel on too occasions for an evening dinner.
Your staff were wonderful and were so patience with my Grandchildren all five of them
Thank you keep up the good work sorry I can't think of the two Waiters name

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Arrived here having driven from county cork all day on the road it must have been quite close to 6pm .On our way here we stopped at a nearby village pub to see if they knew of anywhere to stay and we were pointed to this place easy to find and great location. Good value stayed 1 night .Room was warm homely and the food in the restaurant was good, breakfast was good and enough of it to keep you going all day staff were friendly and helpful all in all a good stopover and a good "s night rest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank J Alun R
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My family and I had just arrived in Ireland from the USA for the first time and decided to have our first dinner at a pub. We were staying in Headway in a cottage by the water and it was lovely. We loved the decor of the pub, very traditional. The fire was going in the fire place and we sat in the booth right beside it. It was me my husband my daughter and her baby son and his daddy. We were so excited for our first outing and dinner. The waitress came and we were also so excited to converse with our first person in Ireland. She was not friendly at all, she took our order and brought our food and did not greet us in anyway.and did not return at all during our dinner. I was so discouraged as to why we even came to Ireland and was so scared the rest of our trip was going to be the same way. On our way out the owner of the place was so nice and friendly and that lifted my spirits some. This was last October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank WilmerMom2012
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Please note that our review only concerns the restaurant.
We had dinner there on August 12, 2013.

We ordered smoked salmon as a starter, then fish and chips. The food was good, and service pleasant. The total (including a pint of beer and a glass of wine) was 43 EUR.

Perhaps the local was a little too dark, more like a pub, but all in all we were satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank akhal
Frank H, Owner at Anglers Rest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Many thanks for your review , we use all input to try and improve our business and progress as much as possible and hopefully we will see you again in the future .

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed two night and enjoyed the experience. Excellent staff and great breakfast food and bar food as the restaurant was not open. Great value for money and an ideal centre to explore the beautiful countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review , we really appreciate your kind words and try to keep our customers input to good use to progress ourselves into the future , hope to see you again in the future ,
again many thanks from all in the Anglers Rest .

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stopped off here on our way home from Galway for some food. I chose here as we used always stop on our way home from Kerry as a child with our parents.

What a feast we had - every single morsel was piping hot, exquisite in taste & best of all thoroughly homemade!

A special mention to the 3 members of staff (who's names I unfortunately didn't get) but they were friendly & efficient from start to finish.

I couldn't believe how reasonable our bill was (under €50) for 2 starters, main courses, 2 pints of minerals, a dessert & a coffee!

Delighted I stopped here again - it reminded me why my dad loved it so much. Well done to all concerned - we'll b back

• Stayed: August 2013

Many thanks for your review , We really appreciate your kind words and are striving to offer good food at an affordable price that can cater for all requirements , hope to see you back in the Anglers in the near future where it will be our pleasure to look after you again !
Many thanks from all in the Anglers Rest .

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stopped here recently for breakfast------ fruit, fruit juice, cereal and two of everything on the plate, golden slices of toast not pale coloured bread. Pleasant staff and efficient service. A mans breakfast at value that is hard to beat, all for just 7.50E. Highly recommended, I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Frank H, Manager at Anglers Rest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review , hopefully our freshly cooked breakfast set you up for the day and when you are passing again why not try our lunch or evening menu , again many thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Headford
The Lodge at Ashford Castle
#1 of 1 in Clonbur
Claregalway Hotel
Claregalway Hotel
#1 of 2 in Claregalway

Been to Anglers Rest Hotel? Share your experiences!