“Great accomodation and first class food.”
Review of The Dove Inn

The Dove Inn
The Dove Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Micheldever B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great accomodation and first class food.”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I enjoyed a very welcoming stay at The Dove, my room was very comfortable - a much higher standard than other B&Bs I have used. The food was excellent, extensive menu and very reasonably priced, the staff were very friendly too. I fully recommend a stay at The Dove or just a visit to enjoy the great food.
Thanks, see you again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nick s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My family and I ate here on Friday night as my Uncle was staying here for the weekend.
I can't comment on the room as I wasn't staying myself, but I can certainly say that this pub does a cracking lasagne and my Mum is still raving about her Thai fish and chips which really looked lovely when it arrived.

Service is impeccable, friendly and swift, delivered with excellent humour.

This Inn is right next door to Micheldever train station, so it's in an excellent location for travelling down to Portsmouth or up to Waterloo.

If I didn't live so close to this place, I'd probably stay here myself. I will have no hesitation in recommending to anyone wanting to visit this beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Winchester
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As my title says this is far more a restaurant than a B&B. It was a surprising gem. You struggle to know it's anything other than a very large house. It is poorly signed and it appears to be very poorly advertised for somewhere that probably picks up no passing trade..

However, those that find are rewarded by an excellent menu and very high quality, imaginative food. It is basically standard pub fare with a twist prepared by a enterprising young chef. A classic example is the de-constructed Beef & Ale pie. Each part is separate including a shot of Guinness. Very clever, very effective and excellent.

My understanding is that the chef has just got them an AA rosette. This should mean more people get to experience the place although it might mean I have to book further in advance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed at the Dove for two nights. Very comfortable room. Fantastic breakfast - quite one of the best I have had in this type of hotel. A useful location - lovely walks in the countryside around and handy for trains. Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Picked the Dove because of the proximity to the mainline railway station (Waterloo - Portsmouth line).

Have stayed a couple of times and found the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming.
Room on the first visit was on the left at the top of the stairs, the only room at the back of the building which also happened to be the largest. Room was almost large enough for a game of squash, well appointed with a compact but adequate en-suite. There was a good sized desk to work at but the wireless reception was awful upstairs although it did work in the bar.

Other times the rooms have been much smaller, more like table tennis table than squash court but seemed to have a bigger bathroom.

Very good menu and the service and food were both was excellent. Also rather impressed with the chef who cooked (and served) breakfast on the first two visits. That man cooks a mean full English and nothing was too much trouble.

Sort the wireless reception out and I'd stay more often.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Man-in-a-car
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We visited this Pub/Restaurant for just one night,The accomodation was clean and cozy,A lovely big bathroom,and a comfy bed,the decor was a trifle bland,but adequate,They supplied a kettle,coffee,tea,chocolate and biscuits.The staff were very friendly and helpful.The area is remote,which is what we wanted,we had a car,and enjoyed the area and its lovely viillages.
We had a lovely breakfast the next morning,full English,with cereal and toast as well,Thoroughly enjoyed it.I would definately go back,if in that area again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Chilbolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2011

This Hotel is close to where we live. We met friends there for lunch and were delighted with the place. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating, so much so that they even prepared a dish for us that wasn't on their menu!!

The dining areas look lovely and the place has a general "good feel" to it. We had a thoroughly enjoyable lunch and a very pleasant time at The Dove Inn. Although we didn't stay overnight, going by the rest of the place, I imagine it would be a good experience and, as the Hotel is next door to the Railway Station, it's a great location for travellers.

We'll go back again and try dinner this time.

First class place :o)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Micheldever
Norton Park - A QHotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,086 reviews
Days Inn Winchester M3
Days Inn Winchester M3
#11 of 13 in Winchester

Been to The Dove Inn? Share your experiences!