1,763 results
All reviewsayung river pool villabirds nestduplex villaour honeymoonprivate poolriver frontbutler servicela view restaurantromantic dinnerpersonal butlergolf cartmangoevery hourspent nightsafternoon teawhite water raftingrice
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Me and Husband personally had a very pleasant, happy and satisfied honeymoon here.
service, ambience, food, view, villa, all was very good.
We very satisfied for all the employees who gave us the service we want to eventhough we didn't ask for it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 November 2017

My partner and I stayed here for two nights in November and were pretty blown away by the resort for a number of reasons.

1. The isolation: it's pretty rare to visit a hotel and not get a sense of the other people staying there. At Kupu Kupu, the second the doors close to your compound, you might as well be alone in the jungle. Perfect for a honeymoon or a romantic vacation.

2. The villas: Our villa was very impressive and had a beautiful poster bed complete with mosquito net, an enormous stone bath and a cold pool which was perfect to jump into after a hot, sweaty day exploring the island.

3. The dining experiences: we ate in the birdsnest for breakfast, and it was probably one of the most unique breakfasts we've had anywhere. Expansive views of the river valley and rice paddies below, and a server who was an absolute delight. The main restaurant in the hotel was great as well. We ate there on 'Japanese night', which was an all-you-can-eat Japanese buffet, including great sushi and curry dishes.

4. The Mango Tree Spa: We had a couples' massage in the spa and of the 3 Balinese massages I had (Hanging Gardens of Bali, Kamandalu and Kupu Kupu), I think this was my favourite. All 3 were different experiences, but our masseuse at Kupu Kupu seemed to really know what she was doing and I couldn't have felt better afterwards. On top of that, the massage takes place in a treehouse with views of the river valley below. I was a little worried that the construction in the valley was going to detract from the experience, but I was given earplugs the moment I walked in so it wasn't a problem at all.

The hotel is pretty well hidden, but every taxi driver knew where it was. The location is fairly close to Ubud, so getting anywhere was fairly painless as well.

Overall it was a fantastic and unique hotel and I'd happily stay there again, especially as it has unique activities that you can't really find elsewhere; like learning about being a rice farmer in the private paddies below.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool with a view of the valley
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin T
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The jungle setting is amazing overlooking the river and our room was very nice poolside
Very nice breakfast and meals
Staff all lovely
Enjoyed the massages too
Thank you so much for a great stay in a wonderful bali feel surrounded by nature

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights using a Luxury Escapes deal.

Wow.

What an amazing and beautiful place.

We really enjoyed the barong show on our first night. We loved walking for hours exploring the resort.

We stayed in the river front private pool villa and loved it.

The staff were wonderful. The room was incredibly stunning. We loved everything.

Thank you so much!!!

1  Thank BekBishop
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Staying in kupu kupu barong is the best choice for honeymoon. Relaxing and very enjoyable. All the staff are very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere was really good. Spa was awesome. I would like to come here again during our anniversary. :)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel