1,803 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa duplex villa birds nest twilight dinner our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler golf cart every hour spent nights afternoon tea amazing place an amazing view white water rafting
Reviewed 21 June 2018

In all the places we've traveled, we have never experienced such comfort and luxury as in this resort ,especially at this price. We had a river view pool villa, great views of the river from our very private infinity pool, spacious bedroom and bathroom (with a jacuzzi bathtub ! and stand-in shower) and patio amidst trees. Situated on a hill, can be quiet a tough hike to go to the lobby from the room, but we enjoyed the exercise. Breakfast was included with our room and had plenty of options. Service throughout the resort was very attentive and extremely friendly. Everyone had a smile and ready to help. for example, the lights outside the room are automatic and our patio light wouldnt turn off, the butler came in and immediately removed the bulb instead of trying to figure it out in the night. Another time , at breakfast, our pepper shaker was stuck a bit, and while we were trying to clear it, the waiter immediately gave us an open container with pepper. They notice every minor detail and made our stay extremely convenient. we really regret staying only 3 days in Ubud, and in Kupu Kupu. They have in-resort dining options , and we tried one , which was a bit expensive compared to other options in Ubud, there are not many options within walking distance of the resort.

Room tip: take a river view room and add the breakfast Rent a scooter as the hotel is 15 mins ride to city center
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear DallasPlanehopper,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The resort deserves a rating of 10 out of 5 for the sheer beauty of it's interiors in the riverfront pool villas. We fell in love with our villa. The property too was aweinspiring. Right in the middle of dense greenery, facing a nice soft river. Each of the three nights we ate at the La View restaurant where Mlaka was taking care of us each time. He was very friendly, warm and prompt. The highlight of the trip was the finger licking, mouth watering, flavorful, drool worthy Indian food prepared by the Indian chef Krishna. We have not eaten such tasty Indian food even in India. It was bursting with flavor. Got to try it for sure when in Ubud.

The only little drawback of the property was it's distance from the Ubud market. But that was a minor point.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Junkeatarian,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. I am more than happy to hear that you enjoy every moment at the La View restaurant and I will personally thanks to Mlaka and chef Krishna.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. Please do recommend us to your family and friends and We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud - Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is such a haven, so peaceful and situated in the jungle overlooking mountains and a river below. The setting is wonderful, the staff are so helpful and friendly. It is also quite near the town of Ubud. I definitely would recommend this place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Peter67Toronto,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE “The Legend Continues” and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud, Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed at Duplex villa a couple weeks ago and we love it. The location also good. Around 15 minutes drive from Ubud Market. The view from the villa is amazing. We can enjoy the view from our bedroom as well. The staff also very nice..The only thing they can improve is the tub in the villa terrace. They should have filled it with hot / warm water. Too bad we can not enjoy it since the water is too cold.The view from the terrace is very beautiful. If you are traveling on honeymoon or romantic trip, I suggest you the river view pool villa. Or if you would like to try the Duplex Villa, inform the staff that yo want some privacy. Since they also accept guest with kids in the villa, it can be very noisy. Our bed was next to the other villa's terrace with private pool and their 3 kids were playing in the pool the whole morning. They even order in-room breakfast and ate in the terrace.But over all, we love the villa and would like to go there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Suci S,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you have a nice stay with us.

Through this reply, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. However, we still hope that you did enjoy our facilities and the other spectacular scenery from our resort.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We stayed at Kupu Kupu two weeks ago for three nights - our first time staying in Ubud.
We were part of a group of 10 people and found the resort to be beautiful, clean and in a lovely Balinese setting. Our rooms were lovely and breakfast adequate for our short stay. We also enjoyed gorgeous relaxing massages in the tree view huts. lovely big pool too. A special mention to our porter Ari who was so accommodating and nothing was too much trouble for him. There are a few steps in this resort but Ari would pick us up and ferry us around in his golf buggy. Thanks again. Lee and Paul Cullinan

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lee C
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Lee C,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. I will personally thanks to Ari who made your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.