1,801 results
All reviews ayung river pool villa duplex villa birds nest twilight dinner our honeymoon river front private pool butler service la view restaurant personal butler golf cart every hour spent nights afternoon tea amazing place an amazing view white water rafting
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing stay at kupu kupu barong . It's a huge resort in ubud. It feels like you are surrounded by jungle, it's so serene and relaxing. At arrival they welcome you at the entrance with flower necklaces and take you to the lobby where you are greated by amazing, smiling and relaxed staff. They give you a cooling towel and drink while waiting to check in. When you stay here you have a butler which will help you with anything, you just call and they will help. We stayed in a poolview room with a big bathroom with a big bath. There was also a cute balinese bag on the bed wich was complimentary. The room was very clean and extremely cosy. And it seems like everyone who stayed there were there to relax and listen to the sounds of nature. We didn't have time to see the whole resort. It took us almost 5 minutes to walk from the lobby to our room, but it was such a lovely walk. They have a huge Spa, we didn't use it but we will next time. At check out you call the butler and they will pick you up in a buggy and take you to the lobby. The breakfast was a buffet and the view from the restaurant is incredible, it's all jungle. You can sit there for ages. We will definitely be back. And I recommend this resort highly

1  Thank Myle Malin Anna... P
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Myle Malin Anna... P,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Our pool villa was gorgeous with a stunning view of rice fields, lush tropical jungle and the Ayung river.

The round bathtub was a decadent thing of beauty, set in-floor in the middle of the bathroom floor with mosaic tiles and plenty big enough for two.

A free minibar of soft drinks, snacks and mini decanters of spirits was a nice touch.

Eating breakfast on our deck was gorgeous and the lady who brought it was really friendly and helpful.

Cons:
Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived (after the stated checkin time) and we were seated in a weird ‘bar’ area for nearly an hour... we wanted to have a drink while we waited but had to go searching for someone to take our order. When we later asked for a late checkout to make up for lost time, it was refused.

We had some fruit in our luggage which was nibbled on by some kind of creature overnight - it’s gross to think of vermin scurrying around in your room and possessions.

Overall:
It’s a lovely place in a stunning setting but they need to sort out some processes and their service philosophy to make it worth the high price tag.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Rae R,

Thank you for choosing Kupu Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L'OCCITANE for your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience.

Your remarks regarding the room wasn’t ready when you arrived (after the stated check in time) and disturb by some kind of creature overnight that we are taken very seriously by our Management team assured that we will take appropriate measure to improve this specific points.

In the meantime, once again I would like to apologize for not being able to offer you the holiday you have been dreaming of. We hope to welcome you again in our Resort in better conditions.

I would be delighted to discuss further into details the different issues you experienced and If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via kadek@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

From the moment we arrived to when we left, our experience at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa was just amazing.

They picked us up from the airport and the driver was very friendly. We got to the hotel at a ridiculous hour and they welcomed us pretty nicely with hot tea and even prepared a light meal for us in case we were hungry (since the restaurant was already closed).

We stayed at a gorgeous villa with our own infinity pool and an incredible view of the jungle. It really felt like paradise to wake up to those views.

The restaurant in the hotel was also lovely. The food is incredibly fresh, breakfast was always exciting for us, and dinners were so romantic. Some mornings / evenings, we were in a rush or were just so exhausted that we had to order in our villa and they always delivered an amazing spread of food. I've never enjoyed hotel room meals so much. I still dream of all the fresh fruit - mangoes, papayas, pineapples and a few local fruits.

They have traditional balinese dancers at the restaurant on certain evenings, which is a great experience.

We also were lucky enough to get a massage at the L'Occitane spa. It was wonderful to get a massage in such an insanely soothing atmosphere, a view of the jungle and sounds of actual birds.

The staff were also very friendly and great.

The hotel overall is just beautiful. I would definitely come back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Meowgarita,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Mango Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE “The Legend Continues” and thank you for your great review.

Thank you again for your nice review towards our service quality. We do try to please all palates and preferences. Furthermore, as you discovered, the resort is set inside green jungle, blessed with mesmerizing Ayung river valley view.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

The good is that the hotel is slightly away from manic very noisy Ubud but close enough for hotel to offer free shuttle service. We started the holiday in jungle Retreat room with own pool, and it was lovely. Clean room, excellent service, however they have a coffee machine in room but shy at letting have the pods to use it, and if you are a coffee lover like me, you will prefer having over instant granules. But it is a small detail. As we didn't plan ahead unfortunately we couldn't stay in our little haven more than two nights as fully booked and ended in normal room in the jungle no longer overlooking it , much more noisy unfortunately. Clean room again, however the plug in bath didn't work properly which made having a bath not a relaxing experience. Other than bed confortable.
The hotel offers an excellent breakfast with lots of choices and a free afternoon tea which is also a lovely added bonus. However do not bother doing half or full board. You will end up restricted to 3 very mediocres set menu choices, every day and every restaurant will offer exact same set menus, which were absolutely nothing special whatsoever.
Staff is very friendly but for mojority, their English very limited, they say yes to everything with a smile however rarely actually do what was requested which can only bring to conclusion they didn't understand.
In conclusion beautiful setting, nice clean room with opportunity to et extra special rooms at a price. However set menus are a "stay clear" as extremely disappointing, would be better off financially and gustatively eating à la carte or Ubud.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank C6357POalexandrap

Dear ALEXANDRA P,

Your remarks regarding half or full board in the term of menu variety that we are taken very seriously by our Management team assured that we will take appropriate measure to improve this specific points.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Thank you Dek Sugi for putting together the best birthday ever! I could never thank you enough for all the beautiful surprises, a special thanks to Chandri & Aris & to the Trainee a job well done! I will miss your genuine kindness. Xoxoxox ❤️ Love Laura

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank msfitnes1
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Laura D,

Thank you for staying with us at Kupu Kupu Barong Villas & Tree Spa by L’OCCITANE “The Legend Continues” and thank you for your great review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. I will be personally thanks to Chandri, Sugi, and Aris who makes your stay more enjoyable.