On the third day of my four day stay here, I was ready to give this property a 3 rating on tripadvisor. I was not blown away by the hotel itself, some can say that this is heaven in ubud but in itself ubud IS heaven, and with many many excellent 5 star hotels (four seasons, chedi club, etc) around, this one pales in comparison.
If one examines closely past the smiles and hellos of the staff, what more can this property offer? Afternoon tea is the most bland and ill stocked of all hotels I have been in. 4 sweet snacks plus one salty, everyday. The 'main' restaurant, warung kudus has more mosquitoes than food options on the menu. Swimming pool is very small, the terrace restaurant above it is even smaller. Spa is tiny and adjacent to cow/chicken farms with occasional whiffs of manure serenading you to sleep during treatments.
Although for some 'authenticity' seems to be the winner here but for me, perhaps because I am Indonesian, going here is just like staying in your grandmother's home in rural java. Authentic yes, amazing no.
Rooms, the biggest ones are 100 square metres valley pool villa. The smallest room in St Regis is 92 sq metres. The private pool is smaller than my bathtub, and room 103 has very poor views of the valley.
Now the reason that I don't rate this hotel lower is because of the other half of the property. We talked about hardware, now let's see about software.
This resort thrives on the 'intangibles'. The experience, the ease, the comfort, the service, the staff.
Staff were on par with the finest resorts. There is a reason for it, and I'll tell you in a moment.
Shuttle service was godsend. It takes you virtually anywhere you want to in ubud (not just the stop points, neka museum and central ubud). When we want to try a nice restaurant the shuttle will drop us at the very spot. And pick up.
You can have breakfast/afternoon tea in the room, in the garden, in the restaurant, your choice. They will take care of it for you. If you are looking for hassle-free, be confident and choose here.
Now the man behind the the awesomeness.
We had the good fortune of meeting the big boss man from komaneka corporate during our stay, mr Ardi. In fact, while most of the reviews here praises the hotel manager Gungdek a lot, we saw Ardi a lot more than him who we meet just once. What won't he do for you? We complained about our villa (actually we just mentioned how nice it is if he trim the trees abit for the views) and he moved us to a better villa 106 with amazing views. Once we were waiting for a shuttle to take us to ubud and he let us used his own car, and later picked us up himself. He gave excellent restaurant tips, he promised to show us the new villas being built, and when we checked out without the opportunity to see them, he called me on my way to the next hotel and promised to email the photos.
He is the reason, for me, to stay in a komaneka again. I was not impressed with the property in itself, but if I can meet this guy and be look after like last time, hey I will even stay in Komaneka baghdad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda - hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley views over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to complete your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Bali/Kedewatan