Komaneka at Tanggayuda
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
1,892 results
All reviewsvalley pool villaapple tvcookiesour honeymoonafternoon teaprivate poolpersonal assistantmonkey foresttikawelcome homepremiere poolred light dinnerday bedevery hourubud centremain poolno extra charge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here in a valley pool villa (room 111) for 13 nights during our honeymoon to Indonesia and had the absolute most wonderful time!!! The staff at Komaneka at Tanggayuda were above and beyond exceptional! We honestly felt like they were all our family while we were there and truly wouldn't have changed one thing about our stay. Our room was absolutely incredible and the cleaning staff took great care of us, preparing our room for sleep with our little bed time stories and nightgowns and drawing the drapes, as well as readying our room for day time - ensuring the DELICIOUS cookie jar was always full, fresh fruit, drapes open, fresh towels and water. The restaurant staff was always so welcoming..."Selamat Pagi Ibu Candace, Selamat Pagi Bapak Derek," and they were always so friendly, helpful, and since we were there for so long, even remembered our favorite breakfast items every morning. The breakfast at Tanggayuda was also THE BEST we had the entire trip (3 separate hotels - Borneo and Lombok aside from Bali). My husband also really loved the ribs on the dinner menu, as did I the soups and grilled chicken dish I had. The front desk staff was also our favorite - every time we left the hotel and every time we returned...always smiles and genuine care for making our stay comfortable and accommodating! So much so that my husband and I ended up getting "Ibu" and "Bapak" tatooed on our ring fingers after returning home - I will never get tired of hearing those words! I loved the fact that we weren't in the center of town because we felt like we were tucked away in a private paradise and the hourly shuttles were always perfect and the drivers so kind and accommodating! One night my husband and I met some other Americans at a restaurant and ended up chatting for two hours - in which we missed the final shuttle back to the hotel! Not to worry, however, after calling Tanggayuda, they were so gracious and had another hotel driver pick us up and take us back. Honestly - we've never felt more taken care of! I seriously can't say enough about our stay here - my husband and I will DEFINITELY be returning as soon as possible; hopefully next year. Thank you SO MUCH Komaneka Yanggayuda for absolutely everything - Derek and I miss you all!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candace N
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the last three nights of our one month honneymoon throu Southeast Asia, And what a perfect ending! We stayed in a vila with our own pool, lots of privacy and space! The ambience is lovley, the staf is great, the restaurant had both exselent continental and lokal food and the prices is resonable:) Will defenetly come back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We told them it was our honeymoon and got room 102 which they said was their best - we believe them!!! What a room!!! Gorgeous sitting area, bed with bedposts and mosquito net, dressing room with two sinks, bathroom with bathtub (decorated with heartshaped flowers!) and both indoor and outdoor shower. Everything was top quality! And then I haven't started on the outdoors... AMAZING! A small table with two chairs where we ate breakfast a few times (breakfast was included and you could choose to eat it at the restaurant or your room), two sunbeds and a huge infinity pool - all with the most amazing view over the jungle. Wow! We never used the shared pools, we really didn't need to...

Service was good all the time, food and drinks were nice, we used room service several times. Food was nice but I wouldn't say amazing. The shuttle to town was practical, it ran once an hour, we used it every day. Even though the distance was tiny it took 20 minutes to the center, all traveling in Bali is very slow, from the airport it took us 1h30 even though it's only 40km! We did not use their spa facility, but we did book a rice fields trecking excursion which we highly recommend. We left the hotel by foot at 7am with our guide (it was just me and my husband) and walked through his village to the rice fields. He spoke really well English and told us loads about the village life, religious ceremonies, traditions, etc. Really interesting! He also took us into a family's home and showed us around and explained how they lived, cooked, helped each other with the rice fields, etc. Then we walked through the fields which were absolutely beautiful, he pointed out cocoa plants, coffee plants, spinach, herbs that were eatable, etc along the way. We were back at the hotel by 9:30. The temperature was nice at 7am but by 9 my husband and I were drenched with sweat, while our guide didn't even seem warm, haha, we really are built differently :) Both my husband and I accidentally walked into the water that irrigates the rice fields and got quite wet shoes, so don't wear shoes that aren't waterproof :)

Only downside was some bugs, a huge grasshopper in our bedroom for example, but hey, nothing dangerous and I guess that is to be expected when you live in the jungle?!

Room Tip: I think some rooms are above and some are below, the higher ones should have much better views generally speaking, so try to get that.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Great team and fantastic hospitality from the team of the hotel provide great service and we had fun in our honeymoon i recommend this hotel for honeymooners and couples who want to enjoy their time in a romantic environment try their duck steamed dish and enjoy

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abedk714
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We're happy that we chose Komaneka! We didn't expect its sooooo beautiful and well-maintained. The staff were warm and friendly. The breakfast was yummy and the view is awesome.... After breakfast we went back straight to our room to find out it was spotless and everything was in order in such a short time!! We can't wait to have another Bali holiday coz we would definitely choose Komaneka again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple