All reviews la view kupu kupu barong rooftop pools voyage prive lives up to its name rooftop restaurant choice of restaurants this lovely hotel minutes drive to ubud hotel surroundings large balcony included in our package true bali four star l'occitane spa buggy car bath products
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We have talked to a couple of people here... how come they are all not happy about this hotel and we can see such a grade on trip advisor.
Trust me, do not go to kupu kupu barong.

The hotel is getting old, this is way too far from the photos, maybe taken in 2010..

The place is quite great (even though not clean, not maintained), people are very nice, ok but the food is absolutely terrible. They offer set menus and every time there is a dessert or main course that they don’t have and they don’t want you to break their set.. how would you do normally ? « Ok, i don’t have his main course, choose the one in another set menu »?? They don’t

Well, the breakfast is probably one of the poorest I had in my life. Don’t take hot chocolate nor tea..
We talked with many French people there, unfortunately they ALL agree, no matter if they were 25yo or 50yo.

The last thing was probably the most hilarious, during the transfer to kupu jimbaran they took us to a « fast food » (picture attached), there were rats running everywhere.
For me, never again !!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jason L
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Jason L

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our resort for your stay in Ubud, Bali and Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong .

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.Due on your package are included an experience to having a meal during your transfer at one of local warung for balinese speciality , we never expected that you will upset .As its not belong to the hotel .after read your review we did do an action to found another places which is much better to fulfill your experience.

I do hope that you may consider revisiting Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, I remain at your service.

Nia Adnyani
Room Division Manager – Bali

Reviewed 23 June 2018

this hotel could do with a bit of updating and more beds around the pools
however the scenery is great and the staff , service and food make up for most of it although the prices are a bit high
i did think it was closer to Ubud but its not walkable there is a free shuttle throughout the day but only one a hour and carries only about 12 people if you dont book you might not get on it finishes about 6 pm ( it could do with being much later )

Room Tip: you need a deluxe room at least
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillian48
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear jillian48

Thank you very much for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Its such a pleasure to having you at our property and gave us very Positif feedback that for sure we definitely used it as our measurement to improved our service and facilities in the near future.
Glad to know that you enjoy your stay ,we wish to welcoming back again at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong.
Have an pleasant day a head

Best Regards ,

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We cannot rate this place highly enough the staff are amazing and looked after us from the moment we arrived. We had a delux apartment and the manager of our wing Dede was not just friendly but gave us lots of ideas and tips of places to see whilst there that we never would of found alone. He went above and beyond to elnsure our stay was faultless.
It is our first visit to Bali and we can honestly say it will not be our last it is truly magical here.
Thank you to all at Kupu Kupu we will see you all again soon

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren K

Thank you for staying with us at Jungle Retreat By Kupu kupu barong and thank you for your lovely review

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back Home whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

A real heavenly location! You are in the middle of a tropical forest with single villas, private pool and astonishing view!
The rooms are perfectly clean and well kept.
All the staff is friendly, well dressed and so fine perfumed.
All the services: shuttle to Ubud, golf cars, restaurants, yoga, pools are so well done.
Really to recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nautilus3656

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We stayed 6nights at KK Barong as part of a 10night stay in Bali. From the moment we arrived, I am happy to say that my partner and I were delighted with the service that we received.

After arriving in Bali late into the night, the hotel had arranged for our own private driver to collect us from the airport and drive us to the hotel in Ubud. The driver was very friendly, welcoming and gave us some cold towels and bottles of water for us to have in the car on the way there. This was very unexpected and a nice touch.

The drive to the hotel was just over an hour and the driver was more than happy to tell us about Bali and what we had to look forward to on the way there. When we arrived at the hotel, the reception team welcomed us with something to eat (they had arranged this especially for us as the kitchens were already closed) and a cup of tea/ coffee to enjoy whilst we were filling out the paperwork. A little buggy transported us and our luggage to our room.

THE ROOM:-

The room was really nice. Spacious, clean and had some very nice touches. The bed was very comfortable and exactly what we needed after such a long flight from the UK. Our room had a very large balcony which overlooked the jungle, it was quite nice to be woken up in the morning by the Cockerel. The room came with 4 complimentary bottles of water (which were replaced every day), bath & shower products for you to use, kimonos, towels, tea/coffee and a mini bar. TV worked really well - not that we used it that much.

FOOD/ DRINKS:-

We went half board so breakfast and lunch were included within our package. You had the option of having breakfast in two different restaurants and you could have lunch in three. Breakfast was always a well equipped buffet which included tea/ coffee and everything you would normally expect from breakfast. Lunch was a little different as you were able to choose from 6/7 different set menus. Each set menu offered three courses. Everything we had for breakfast or lunch tasted great and we were both very pleased with the quality. For dinner you had the option of eating in any of the three restaurants and you also had a slight discount from the main restaurant as part of the package. We chose to have dinner mainly in the Ubud town centre however we did have dinner once in the La View Restaurant which has a spectacular view. Food was very good and the hotel offers a wide selection of different meals. The beer was always cold and the hotel sold some nice cocktails.

SPA/ TREATMENTS:-

We had a 30min massage each in the Tree Spa and it was really good. The staff members were very attentive and made sure that you were comfortable throughout.

POOLS:-

On top of both Jungle Retreat buildings there is an infinity pool. Towels and loungers are provided and the pool was always very clean and cool. Both pool areas were nice and we really enjoyed spending time there. We were a little disappointed with the 'main pool' as we felt the hotel could do more with it. It is a nice pool there just isn't a lot going on down there to attract guests to use it.

SHUTTLE SERVICE:-

Take advantage of the great shuttle bus that the hotel provides every couple hours into Ubud. This is an excellent service and makes heading into town so much easier. Cabs generally cost 100,000IDR too and from the town centre. There are some wonderful places to eat in Ubud if you wanted to get out of the hotel for an evening or two.

OVERALL:-

We really recommend staying at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong. The hotel is good value for money and we were very impressed by the level of service we received. Without doubt the friendliest staff we have ever come across. You can't walk longer than 10 yards without someone saying good morning or hello to you and making sure that everything is okay.

Thank you to the hotel manager and staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple