All reviews la view kupu kupu barong voyage prive choice of restaurants rooftop restaurant this lovely hotel minutes walk away hotel surroundings large balcony included in our package true bali shuttle service into town bath products main pool buggy car cannot speak highly enough ginger tea
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived after 16hours of flying at 3am and even at that time the staff were friendly and attentive, we took our 20year old daughter and 16 year old son and the hotel provided us with adjacent rooms, after a good sleep we did some exploring, the rooms are large and very clean with a decent tv and good English channels, the hotel itself is slightly dated but your in the middle of the jungle what do people expect? The breakfast was just ok for me but was great for the kids and wife as they love cereals and croissants fruit yogurt etc the choice is plentiful and there’s something for everyone, the set menu on a night is not very good but the a la Carte menu is very good, we started with the Indian tandoor and were very impressed, we ate at la view restaurant about 3-4 times and never had a bad meal, the drinks are overpriced but again your in the jungle!! We went on a few excursions which were excellent we explored Bali and were not found wanting, all in all we really enjoyed our experience and the people giving it 1 out of 5 should stick to Dubai or Barbados as the jungle is obviously not for them, as a special mention I’d like to thank the staff as they were so happy and smiley and always had impeccable manners all in all I’d recommend the jungle retreat but don’t expect 5 star luxury

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 236michaelg
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear michael g

Thank you for staying with us at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. From this villa also you can enjoy the night light of Seminyak and Jimbaran look like stars lite from Ubud.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. We do try to please all palates and preferences. Furthermore, as you discovered, the resort is set inside green jungle,.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Nia & Team

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I was happy to get out of this hotel, I have never felt so locked up as in this place
Here are some of my pros and cons:
PRO-
Environment
If you like to be in the middle of the jungle this place definitely provides that
Friendly staff
CON-
Mold in bathroom / bathroom needs an upgrade / refurbishment
Outdated / worn down hotel
Photos don’t show reality
Stinky room all day, very humid , bad vibe
One dark hole
Lunch and dinner was overpriced and very average
Hardly any daybeds for all the people they have in the hotel
Maintenance is behind - rooms and hotel needs new paint
Overpriced drinks, can’t make cocktails or gin tonics and you would expect that for the price
Breakfast was average and the International breakfast was every day the same , didn’t like the dark places where we had to have breakfast each morning

Considering the price, there is much more in Ubud and around Ubud that will give you a far better experience

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 332sv

Dear 332sv

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our resort for your stay in Ubud, Bali and Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong .I wish i could noticed your inconvenience feeling during your stay with us , so then i could do something to make your feeling even better .

I do hope that you may consider revisiting Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, I remain at your service.

Nia Adnyani
Room Division Manager – Bali

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Absolutely stunning hotel. Rooms are spacious and the bed is super comfortable. Everything is perfectly clean. The staff is incredibly kind and attentive, always making sure everything is ok. The pools are nice, and the additional services like the yoga classes and the spa are fantastic! The shuttle to the center was very convenient as well.
We only had one issue when a taxi driver got upset at us and came to yell at me at the hotel entrance. He was very aggressive and the hotel security didn’t do anything to get him away from us. However, afterwards the manager took care of the situation and we really appreciated that.
I’d definitely recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Rooms in higher floors have fantastic views and are close to the pools which are on the top floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Nicole G

Thank you for staying with us at Jungle Retreat By Kupu kupu barong and thank you for your lovely review

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back Home whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Nia & Jungle Retreat Team

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We have talked to a couple of people here... how come they are all not happy about this hotel and we can see such a grade on trip advisor.
Trust me, do not go to kupu kupu barong.

The hotel is getting old, this is way too far from the photos, maybe taken in 2010..

The place is quite great (even though not clean, not maintained), people are very nice, ok but the food is absolutely terrible. They offer set menus and every time there is a dessert or main course that they don’t have and they don’t want you to break their set.. how would you do normally ? « Ok, i don’t have his main course, choose the one in another set menu »?? They don’t

Well, the breakfast is probably one of the poorest I had in my life. Don’t take hot chocolate nor tea..
We talked with many French people there, unfortunately they ALL agree, no matter if they were 25yo or 50yo.

The last thing was probably the most hilarious, during the transfer to kupu jimbaran they took us to a « fast food » (picture attached), there were rats running everywhere.
For me, never again !!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jason L

Dear Jason L

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.Due on your package are included an experience to having a meal during your transfer at one of local warung for balinese speciality , we never expected that you will upset .As its not belong to the hotel .after read your review we did do an action to found another places which is much better to fulfill your experience.

Nia Adnyani
Room Division Manager – Bali

Reviewed 23 June 2018

this hotel could do with a bit of updating and more beds around the pools
however the scenery is great and the staff , service and food make up for most of it although the prices are a bit high
i did think it was closer to Ubud but its not walkable there is a free shuttle throughout the day but only one a hour and carries only about 12 people if you dont book you might not get on it finishes about 6 pm ( it could do with being much later )

Room tip: you need a deluxe room at least
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillian48
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear jillian48

Thank you very much for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Its such a pleasure to having you at our property and gave us very Positif feedback that for sure we definitely used it as our measurement to improved our service and facilities in the near future.
Glad to know that you enjoy your stay ,we wish to welcoming back again at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong.
Have an pleasant day a head

Best Regards ,