All reviews la view kupu kupu barong rooftop pools voyage prive lives up to its name rooftop restaurant choice of restaurants this lovely hotel minutes drive to ubud hotel surroundings large balcony included in our package true bali four star l'occitane spa buggy car bath products
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Nice hotel tooked out of the way, it is a bit of a treck to the centre of ubud but the hotel accommodate you with a free shuttle. We paid about £5-7 for a taxi drive back after a late night.
The hotel it's self I'd lively and well accommodated but pricey for food and alcoholic drinks, hence the reason we ate out in ubud centre. More variety and value for money.
You can walk down to the river from the hotel, have a nice treatment and massage. Swim in the outdoor pool and attend yoga on Monday,Wednesday and Friday mornings. The staff are absolutely helpful and have beautiful manners and can't accommodate you enough. We stayed in the delux suits and they were very nicely decorated and comfortable. Our room overlooked the jungle. A lovely hotel.

Stayed: September 2018
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Sophianrob

Thank you for staying with us at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am especially happy to hear that our associates delivered friendly, helpful and attentive service during your stay. Their commitment to take initiative with selfless sincerity and thoughtful courtesy has allowed them to fully recognize the needs of our guests. From this villa also you can enjoy the night light of Seminyak and Jimbaran look like stars lite from Ubud.

Thank you for your nice review towards our service quality. We do try to please all palates and preferences. Furthermore, as you discovered, the resort is set inside green jungle,.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you plan your next visit to Ubud-Bali. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Our room was amazing, huge bathtub fit 2 people! Gorgeous balcony overlooking the rainforest! The staff goes above and Beyond to help you with anything, soooo polite and sweet. The hotel is secluded from downtown, but they provide a free shuttle. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding. I can’t believe anyone would write a negative review about this place. If you stay here you will absolutely love it!! I’ll be back!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear VictoriaL2524

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is old.
Far away from the city.
Price and quality of food is way to expensive and zo is the spa.
Bathroom is old needs and upgrade.
The gym is the worst in its kind dumbells are sticky, treadmill is dangerous i almost broke my neck on it.
Breakfast is poor and oké bread.
I really dont like this hotel but the staff is great the cant help it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jiggsz D

Firstly I must specifically thank you for choosing our resort for your stay in Ubud, Bali and Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sad and sorry to read your review regarding your stay experience at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong .

I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. This isn’t an excuse however… we have shared your review with our executive team so that corrective measures are taken as our utmost priority is to deliver an excellent holiday through impeccable facilities and irreproachable service. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you described.

I do hope that you may consider revisiting Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. Once again, thank you for your constructive and gracious remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me via nia@kupubarong.com, I remain at your service.

Room Division Manager – Bali

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Awful. I wonder how they can claim to have 5 stars as this place is really not working whatsoever. As soon as we arrived they gave us a disgusting room, with a terrible smell: a smaller room - not the one we booked months in advance and paid for. They gave us 3 different rooms, and only a few days before leaving we were moved to the one we actually reserved. This place is far from being clean overall... Most of the plates, cutlery, glasses and cups every morning are stained and dirty. I've ordered the eggs 3 times and I didn't receive anything, as the staff doesn't speak English. The shuttle service is another ridiculous scum. You have to book it one day in advance, it works only occasionally and it's constantly late. Take a cab for just a few dollars instead, or just stay in a different structure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelreviewer110
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Travelreviewer110

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived after 16hours of flying at 3am and even at that time the staff were friendly and attentive, we took our 20year old daughter and 16 year old son and the hotel provided us with adjacent rooms, after a good sleep we did some exploring, the rooms are large and very clean with a decent tv and good English channels, the hotel itself is slightly dated but your in the middle of the jungle what do people expect? The breakfast was just ok for me but was great for the kids and wife as they love cereals and croissants fruit yogurt etc the choice is plentiful and there’s something for everyone, the set menu on a night is not very good but the a la Carte menu is very good, we started with the Indian tandoor and were very impressed, we ate at la view restaurant about 3-4 times and never had a bad meal, the drinks are overpriced but again your in the jungle!! We went on a few excursions which were excellent we explored Bali and were not found wanting, all in all we really enjoyed our experience and the people giving it 1 out of 5 should stick to Dubai or Barbados as the jungle is obviously not for them, as a special mention I’d like to thank the staff as they were so happy and smiley and always had impeccable manners all in all I’d recommend the jungle retreat but don’t expect 5 star luxury

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank michael g
KupuKupuResorts, Manager at Jungle Retreat by Kupu Kupu Barong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear michael g