“Excellent, exciting and extremely enjoyable!”

Walworth Castle Birds of Prey
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Walworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please check website for seasonal opening times Award winning WCBOP is based in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle Hotel minutes from the A1 and offers fabulous falconry experiences and daily falconry displays, the centre has a wide range of Owls, Hawks and Falcons all of which you can get up close and personal too, we pride ourselves on offering a very hands on personal service. New this year is the childrens nature trail through the ancient woodland and a super bird feeding station which is great for keen bird spotters or photographers. Once entry is paid customers are able to come and go througout the day of purchase. Flying displays at 1.30pm and 3pm. Please see website for more information.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was treated to a days hunting with the most gracious Harris Hawks. If you enjoy the countryside, fresh air (all weathers !) then you will be amazed by this experience. To watch a Harris Hawk hunt and fly in the open countryside with no barriers just took my breathe away. Not only that but the hospitality that both my husband and I got from the day was superb. I have been to many displays at shows and have always wanted to experience it for myself and what a great experience we got! Thanks to both the hosts who were more than welcoming. Will be back soon!
Good luck with opening next May to the public. We were shown the aviaries where they keep the birds of prey and I am moving in! So much room.
Thanks to the ferrets too!

1  Thank 77kmh

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Yvonne and I had a fabulous three hours learning aboout the various birds of prey and experiencing flying many different ones. It really is quite an experience being so close up to these wonderful animals. Tori and Dave were so knowledgable and friendly and so passionate about what they do, it couldn't have been better, We would recommend this experience to anyone. Thank you!

1  Thank Colin F
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My partner booked a Hawk Walk for my birthday as I'd mentioned it was something I'd always wanted to do. I certainly wasn't disappointed. It was probably the best few hours of the year. Tori and Dave are extremely knowledgeable and friendly and made the whole experience so enjoyable.
Thanks guys. I'll be taking the whole family back when the centre officially opens next Easter. Superb.

1  Thank peterobb
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My wife bought me a falconry day for Christmas. It was just the two of us, and we were met by Tori in the reception. We later met David. They both made us feel welcome, and their knowledge of the birds is first-rate. They clearly care a lot for the birds. Flyinh them was fantastic - I felt I had a smile on my face all day! I can recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Robus48
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked a hawk walk as an 80th birthday treat for my father. It was postponed from Easter, due to bad weather, but it was definitely worth waiting for! By August the falconry had moved to a wonderful new location in the grounds of The Walworth Castle Hotel. We were made very welcome by Tori and David and were first shown round the new falconry centre, which will soon also be open to visitors, who are not taking part in one of the hawk walks or hunting days. We were introduced to the individual birds and their stories. We were also given lots of fascinating information about birds of prey, whilst Frankie, a Harris hawk was prepared for the walk. In spite of some drizzle we were able to go ahead and fly Frankie in the grounds of the castle and on a walk through the woods. Tori's enthusiasm and knowledge made the experience extra special.
Before leaving we were able to watch David fly two of the other birds too. We have come away with lots of photos, video clips and happy memories.Definiely recommended - thank you Tori and David!

1  Thank Helen J