“A very special uplifting place and people”

Walworth Castle Birds of Prey
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Walworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please check website for seasonal opening times Award winning WCBOP is based in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle Hotel minutes from the A1 and offers fabulous falconry experiences and daily falconry displays, the centre has a wide range of Owls, Hawks and Falcons all of which you can get up close and personal too, we pride ourselves on offering a very hands on personal service. New this year is the childrens nature trail through the ancient woodland and a super bird feeding station which is great for keen bird spotters or photographers. Once entry is paid customers are able to come and go througout the day of purchase. Flying displays at 1.30pm and 3pm. Please see website for more information.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Staying at the hotel and this bird of prey centre is in the grounds.Family run and built.The birds are in the best kept enclosures I have ever seen.Not a dropping in sight!Birds are free to fly and untethered.Very healthy with beautiful plumage and bright eyes.We could not stay for the 11.30 flight demonstaration but a Harris Hawk followed us across the grounds as a teaser for what we had missed.A very tempting small gift shop within.

1  Thank Natalie C

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went for the experience day and had an amazing time getting up close with the birds. Tori and David are very friendly and knowledgeable which made it not just a fun day out, but also educational. Really enjoyed getting to know all the quirky different birds. We will most definitely be returning.

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Have been to a few birdy places, all have been good but this one stands head and shoulders above them all. Great display and very well kept birds. Weiredly all the birds looked as happy to be there as we did. Thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank phil s
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A belated Christmas present from my wife, this was well worth the wait. David and Tori are obviously passionate about their birds and were excellent hosts, making us all feel very welcome. The hawk walk was a great experience and having the Harris Hawk fly to your hand is amazing and even our two year old son could have a go!

We watched both the morning and afternoon displays with different birds each time, getting to handle them again in the morning. The afternoon display had a kids birthday party and it was great to see how interactive it was with the kids being able to join in, especially watching a huge owl called Ted zoom over them as they were lying on the grass underneath. For those with children, the castle grounds have a play area that they can use too. All in all, it was a great day out and I'm sure we will return.

1  Thank PSB1Chimp
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Didn't honestly think this would be my thing... Went with my partner as just moved into the area, and to be honest fancied a day in my PJ's rather than go here....I'm so glad I went... It was brilliant, a chance to handle the birds was something I'd never say I'd do, but it's something you can't miss, I felt an amazing sense of serenity around the birds, and have to say,, I'm now hooked!.. Loved every second of it!.. Excellent value for money, went for the morning show and also got the afternoon show included... Can't recommend this place enough...David delivered an excellent display which was both informative and fascinating...just go & see it!

1  Thank Moira H