“friendly atmosphere”

Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Croft-on-Tees
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have visited the Croft on numerous occasions, it's good to see that the restaurant has upped it's game, the food is now constantly good, service friendly.
The prices are reasonable.
Clean & comfortable surroundings.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Rob B, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jellysweets,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am glad you feel that the food and service has improved recently and is now at a consistent level, and also that our new menus provide value for money, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and will pass your positive comments on to the team.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our daughter had her Wedding reception here on the 19th July 14. We had an amazing day and all the guests had a great time.
Everything ran smoothly from start to finish, the staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble. We had a lovely three course meal in the afternoon and a hot buffet in the evening. The Wedding Room looked beautiful, thanks to all that helped.

Thanks again to the management and staff who worked so hard to make this special day perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maykitten
Rob B, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Maykitten,

I am so pleased to hear your Daughter and Son in Laws wedding day went well and you had an amazing day. I will pass on your thanks to Louise and the Team regarding this, we hope to be able to welcome you back to The Croft in the near future. I also hope the Happy couple have an enjoyable Honeymoon too.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Croft Hotel describes itself as a "Gastro Pub" and I have to say, the food was superb! Staff were friendly and the bar and restaurant areas have been refurbished to a very high standard. Unfortunately, the same can't be said upstairs and the stairs and corridors look very tired. The bedroom was spacious and well equipped with free WiFi throughout the hotel but the rooms could do with modernising. Very good value for money though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear abbouk,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am glad you enjoyed the Gastropub and the food, I will pass on your kind comments to the Chefs and Gastro Team. I am glad you found us to be value for money and look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked hotel as a stop over on our way up to & back down from Scotland as a last minute deal, so we had a good price. Lovely character building nicely decorated in the majority of areas. Staff very welcoming & attentive. Our first room, no 6 was nothing special. I felt it needed some attention. There was a slight damp smell. The bathroom was very cramped & had evidence of mould. The sink was in a corner & the bath screen was right next to it so made it difficult to use. Plenty of hot water but shower head was fixed. I did highlight the smell of damp on checking out. On our way back we were in a different room. Much bigger. Lovely big bathroom, no damp smells in room! This room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the street & there was no real problem with noise. Breakfast was ok. We had a lovely steak there for our evening meal.The staff are lovely & the building has character. I'm glad we stayed there on both journeys so we could experience a different room, otherwise I would not feel able to recommend it. Overall a good hotel if you are able to get a good price. I would stay there again, but not in room 6!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs Mac100,

Thank you for reviewing your stay(s), I am glad you found the staff welcoming and attentive during the stay, and I will pass on your comments regarding the food to the Chefs. I am glad you feel you can recommend us after the second nights stay and look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would have given a four star but I think room let this hotel down,It was nice and clean and ok for a night or two but it is dated and wall paper needs changing in room. Also could do with better pillows,but thats just my opinion.Reception and breakfast area fine and pleasant as where the staff.
Breakfast ok,did not like the tea.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear IHS51,

Thank you for the review on your recent visit, I am sorry the Tea at breakfast was not to your liking, I am sorry you felt let down by the room but will pass onto my housekeepers how satisfied you were with the levels of cleanliness you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had a wonderful "feeling" for a stay at the Croft Inn/Hotel at Croft-on-Tees but lovely Clare on reception called me after I booked on a dodgy website to say they were already full! To make this story short+accurate she was efficient enough to contact me with a cancellation and I got to stay 2 nights at this gorgeous inn. I needed wifi and the staff went out of their way to ensure I had it- it was actually really good in room 6 & downstairs too. Room was excellent value and very spacious for 2. Breakfast was divine. Ambience is modern yet old world. Sheridan at breakfast is sincerely efficient. I loved the staff throughout, it's the perfect blend of privacy and intimacy; something most hotels can't master. A million kudos; a special place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear IslandAmber,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us, I am glad Clare was able to help with the initial booking issue and I will pass on your thanks, I will also speak to Sheridan and the Chefs regarding the positive comments you have made. We do try to look after all our guests and respect their privacy and I am glad you have enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Croft hotel for two nights in early June and could no find any fault whatsoever.
The price was amazing for the spacious, well appointed double room they gave me with a bathroom big enough to park a truck in.
Everything was well decorated and extremely clean, a nice mix of original and modern.
The staff in the hotel, bar and restaurant were all very professional and friendly.
The food in the restaurant was of a very high quality and the portions were generous.
The bar was well stocked with a good selection of beers etc.
I stay in a lot of hotels in the UK and abroad but if I am within 50 miles of Croft I will certainly not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I had room 10, don't know about the others.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John G
Rob B, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, I will pass your kind comments onto my team and I am glad you were impressed with our Food and Beverage offerings and the decor around the hotel since the refurbishment, I look forward to you staying with us again when you are next in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Croft-on-Tees
Blackwell Grange Hotel
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel
The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington

Been to Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel? Share your experiences!