Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel
US$93
US$91
Travelocity
US$81
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
US$82
PremierInn.com
All reviewsgastro pubsunday lunchrockcliffe hallfunction roombridal suitefull englishwedding venuestayed here for one nightnight portervisited this hotelsandwichespateafternoon teawalk in showernight staythe ground floorwaiting staff
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My wife booked the hotel as a night away treat and paid £135 for 1 nights stay in 'executive' suite. We were left waiting in reception on check in with no staff showing up for a short while. When eventually checked in we were given room 16. When we got to the room it was just two single beds pushed together the windows were a nightmare to close. There was damp in the corner of the room. The bathroom was spacious but the laminate floor was coming up and damaged. We believe we paid exectutive room prices for a none executive room. The food in the bar was very good though I must admit.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Ryanstacy23
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I found this hotel to be very comfortable and welcoming. My room was very spacious and clean with sparkling white towels in the huge bathroom. I would certainly stay here again. It would have helped if clear signs indicated where the reception and resturant where situated.

Room Tip: I had room 4 which was excellent but no view .this did not matter as I was out all day.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Used The Croft for a son's and daughter in laws wedding reception recently.
The hotel rooms used by guests were praised by them, the function rooms were well appointed and would suit most purposes. The hotel staff from Management to colleagues were all most helpful and went out of their way to ensure that we had a great day.
This venue has undergone a refurbishment and change of ownership and this is reflected in the calm and welcoming atmosphere that pervades the place.
Excellent choice for anyone visiting croft circuit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Dined here with a friend around 8:30pm just before leaving for the airport in the early hours.
Its much better now that it has had some money spend on a refurbishment.

We had lemon sole on a pesto base with mashed potato.
I had the moules frites but asked for the julienne fries to be changed for thick hand cut chips which they did no problem.

Both meals were very good, my mussels were excellent, a good size and not over cooked. The white wine sauce was nice and creamy. I couldn't fault them.
House salad was good but the dressing wasn't up to much. They never are any use unless you make them yourself. Some olive oil, cider apple vinegar and a touch of mustard is all you need to take this to the next level.

Service is attentive and the atmosphere is pleasant.
I've eaten here couple times and have never had a poor meal.

See you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have eaten at this hotel a few times and the food has always been excellent so when it came to choosing a wedding venue the Croft was our choice. Throughout the planning they were very helpful and tried their hardest to accommodate all our needs. My son had his wedding reception here last week and it was a lovely day. The room looked lovely the staff were their usual friendly helpful selves, the food was delicious and the day ran smoothly. We had guests stayed before and after the wedding and they all commented on the size and comfort of the rooms. The only negative comment was the very noisy plumbing. When someone turns a shower on everyone knows about it. Small price to pay for friendly, helpful staff, excellent food and comfortable rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for a function or just a meal out. It is also close to Croft racing track so a good choice for car racing enthusiasts.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family