“Pure Luxury”
Review of Rockliffe Hall

Rockliffe Hall
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Fabulous location, luxury rooms, excellent food, attentive service. Amazing spa facilities and a great golf course which will only get better with age.
Not to be missed!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed 25 May 2011

I can not recommend this hotel and spa enough. I went on a romantic 'get away from it all' night with my girlfriend and also booked for full use of the spa and various treatments.
Firstly the hotel itself - very beautiful on arriving but surpasses itself once inside. All staff we had contact with from the receptionists to the food and beverage manager (at breakfast) and all at the spa were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble, they were friendly and chatty but without being intrusive or overbearing. The atmosphere was so relaxed we really felt like we were miles away from anywhere. The room itself was IMMACULATE! we stayed on the ground floor in the new hall (just a skip and a jump to the spa) and we have never stayed in a hotel room which was so big! massive bed, settee plus massive day bed, table and two chairs and patio windows with views straight out onto the gardens. In the summer it would be beautiful to sit outside. The bath had a television at the end of it and everywhere was clean clean clean. Plush towels, lovely bedding and so so comfortable....nice and quiet so perfect for a good nights sleep. Now for the spa! we've stayed at Hoar Cross Hall and Ragdale and I have had numerous treatments over numerous years at other salons and spas, but this spa and treatments were the best I have ever experienced. All I can say is book in with Simon for a Dreamtime experience. Simon is truly the best therapist I have ever come across. So experienced and relaxed in himself and competent, I really can not speak highly enough about him.
Breakfast was held in the Orangery and again it was amazing :) we had the full veggie cooked breakfast and it was delicious. We really did not want to leave this place, we could fault nothing and will definitely be returning. I have never written a review before but it was such a great stay I felt compelled to! I only hope that they keep the standards up - if they do we will return time and time again.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

From the moment I booked this break on the phone I just knew it was going to be brilliant. We booked the Sunday Driver golf and added Spa treatments. Kathryn could not have been more helpful in arrangeing Tee times, meals and spa treatments. On arrival at the golf course we were given first class treatment and when we were a little late due to slow play of others the marshall very quickly stepped in and got us thru so we could make the spa times.The room was very large and airey, with fantastic room service. It overlooked the golf course and had a small patioed area for private use. The bed was enormous and very comforable and a goodnights sleep was had by us both, no noise from anyone else in the hotel could be heard. Proper Coffee and Tea making facilities in the room with real milk in a bottle and complimentary bottled water in the fridge. The Spa was wonderful, the staff friendly and efficient and the Spa it's self was spotless. My partner who had never had a Massage before has already decided he needs another one, The pool area, sauna and steam room were very good, no lack of steam or heat as in some spa's. Towels and robes provided and changing rooms again spotlessly clean. Meal in the Bistro was faultess and well worth the money.
The staff from start to finish at the hotel, spa, restraunt and golf course were more than felpful and very efficiant, nothing and I mean nothing was too much trouble.
Would I go again? in and instant Yes.

Room Tip: No tip required all rooms 5 star
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Went to Rockliffe Hall for a Spa Day on Saturday 14th May and it was the most amazing, relaxing day I have ever had. The Staff were friendly and very helpful, the spa was beautiful, clean and relaxing and the treatments I had were amazing (eyebrow wax and pedicure). It is deffinately 5 star and I would recomend this to anyone. They constantly supply you with complimentary fruit tea, water and fruit while in the spa and there is also the option of wine/champagne. We had an amazing 2 course lunch as the waterhouse bistro which was also amazing and the deserts were to die for. I will most deffinatley be coming back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruby80
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed here for two nights in room overlooking the Golf Course. The room was large, quiet and clean. Toiletries and other sundries were available and when not were supplied without hesitation. We experienced a small problem with the TV in the BATHROOM but one call and the staff came and fixed it.
All the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful, the management should be very proud of them.
We used the Spa facilities, these again were excellent.
There were lots of little touches including a goody bag to go home with which made this a lovely experience,

Reviewed 2 May 2011

This hotel is a little gem ...I cant wait for our next visit ....as soon as we arrived we felt relaxed , the staff are first class and nothing is too much trouble .

We stayed in the Raines suite which had an inter connecting room for our 12 year old we loved the ambience of the place and the old part of the hotel is as expected very traditional .

The spa is in the new hall and is one of the best spas I have ever had the pleasure to visit .

Unfortunatley we just stayed the one night .....so we missed out on The Orangery as it is closed on a Sunday , we did eat though at the golf club and the 3 course dinner was very nice indeed .

If you lead a busy lifestyle and need to re charge the batteries this is just the place !!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Fantastic hotel on every level. There was nothing to fault. I had a perfect 3 days and nights relaxing in the spa, fantastic treatments and wonderful food. The staff were extremely friendly, not stuffy like you can so often get in a five star hotel. We visited because of a friend's recommendation and I would recommend Rockliffe hall wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#8 of 21 in Darlington
Middleton Lodge
Middleton Lodge
#3 of 8 in Richmond

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!