I took my lovely mum to Rockliffe Hall for afternoon tea for her 75th birthday, Afternoon tea is something we love to do its such a treat. Ive sampled afternoon tea in some amazing places from local places a regular at Wynyard Hall upto the The Ritz in London (cant praise it highly enough), Rockliffe is wonderful i cant wait to return, its pricy but you pay fo the amazing foodue delights and the experience , the ambience and the beautiful suurroundings which compliment the experience (in my opinion). we had a little pot of gorgeousness it was fresh blackberry jelly with a vanilla foam...mmmmmmm it was so lush. i myself love to bake i make lovely scones and im quite hard to please, the scones i had here were the best ive ever had!!
I struggled to make my booking the floods up here had stopped the telephone lines woring, im quite resourceful, and determined and tweted Kenny Atkinson to ask is he could help, i was blown away when one of my fave celeb chefs responded and sorted my booking for me. Im not sure hte staf i dealt with beying Kenny were too impressed at my cheek but i really wanted to take my mum and couldnt get through via the phoen it was never intended t be a stunt. i was originally told by answerphone they couldnt accomodate us but when i rang back the young lady i spoke to couldnt be more helpful ans thn shge rang me back with a better table and an earlier time. I really loved the feel of the place sumptious but not intimidating and a real treu foodie high. My hubby and I are going back for my wedding anniversary gift from my fab children to the Brasserie i simply cannot wait to return. Im going with my team from work for festive afternoon tea for our Christmas treat....bring it on!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Darlington/Hurworth-On-Tees