“Somewhere great in Darlington”
Review of Rockliffe Hall

Rockliffe Hall
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Delighted that this hotel meets up with the 5 star standards in London and abroad. The experience we had made us want to stay closer to home and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the north east of england and wanting the experience of the south of the country. Well done Rockliffe Hall

Room Tip: Any room must be first class since all aspects are exceptional
There are newer reviews for Rockliffe Hall

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Fantastic Fantsatic Fantastic. OMG I could live here. I booked an overnight stay for my husbands birthday. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a friendly gentleman who took our cases and car. The reception staff were excellent. We got checked in and shown to our room. Were lucky enough to have a suite room 206. OMG it was fab. I had booked my husband a stone massage so off we went to the spa. While he had the stone massage I relaxed with a glass of rasberry ice tea. When he had finished he said the massage was amazing. We both then had a rasuul mud which was so relaxin. Would defo recommend this. We relaxed in the spa for a few hours and didnt want to leave. We booked into the Brassarie restaurnat for our meal which was lovely. We did have an issue with the starter as the description my husband was given was not what he got. He ate it anyway and was lovley. Would defo recommend this restaurant. Breakfast in the Orangery Restaurant was lovely with a lovely setting. Overall this hotel is fantasticand would defo go back again. I do believe the day we went the spa was very busy. Someone mentioned it was people having day spa's. There were not a lot of loungers to maybe read a magazine or just chill so this was a bitof an issue due to the amount of people there. Still didnt spoil our stay. I have already booked to do the twighlight experience with the girls next week because of it being so lovely.

Room Tip: Old Hall Laird Six (206) was fab. Had a seperate sitting room up some stairs which made the room fee...
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Sumptuous venue and charming staff. The interior decor is a joy and we had a really relaxing experience. I will really look forward to returning there because of the quality of the overall experience. The hotel has been generously appointed and the food is good

Room Tip: Old Hall rooms are exquisite
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I would like to say thank you to all the staff at Rockcliife Hall what a fantastic day we had at the spa it was amazing we went there for my birthday had a lovely lunch and a treatment we will go and stay over next time so much better than carden park in Chester everything is Luxury and the spa area is Quiet the massage was the best I have had and the beds you lay on very comfy when you have finnished your massage they sit you up very gently on the motorised beds and bring in a herbal tea for you then you go to a lovely quiet area and unwind for another 20min or longer if you wish. saving up for a stay now

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tricia D
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Rockliffe Hall lives up to its wonderful reputation. From when we arrived to when we checked out staff were very welcoming and helpful. Our room in the Tiplady lodge was fantastic and well equipped. We ate in the Brasserie and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The evening was finished off with unique cocktails in the bar, the staff were very knowledgable and obliging.
We made full use of the spa both on the day we arrived and before check out and it was never too busy, it was peaceful and relaxing with excellent facilities.
Over all a wonderful, relaxing and luxurious break. Rockcliffe Hall is the perfect getaway for a special occasion.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel and the service it provides is top notch in my opinion. The spa experience was sublime and the food was delicious. My husband and I felt like everyone went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds are so comfortable. I whole heartedly recommend this hotel. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my wife to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
We were met by a very friendly doorman who offered to take our luggage and park our car. We were then ushered in to the reception area where our check-in was handled in a very slick manner and then handed over to Jim who personally escorted us to our room where our luggage had already been delivered and my dress suit and my wife's dress hung in the wardrobe. The room was palatial in size and resplendent in its sumptuous fixtures, fittings and decor. Every luxury was catered for with even a fridge provided which an unusual added extra and a useful addition. After settling in to our plush surroundings we dressed and made our way to the cocktail lounge where we sampled a house special creation in readiness for our visit to the hotels flagship restaurant The Orangery to sample the tasting menu expertly created by the resident house chef - Kenny Atkinson of Great British Menu Final Banquet fame. The meal was perfection personified with each course being expertly presented and full of mouth watering flavours and textures. Although the headline price seemed a hefty one after sampling the friendly, informative service from the attentive but not over attentive waiting staff and tasting each of the 7 courses it seemed a small price to pay for dining perfection. I believe I can offer that level of appreciation after dining in some of the finest restaurants in the UK namely - The Ivy, Gordon Ramsey's - Claridges & Boxwood Cafe, Gary Rhodes - 24, Oxo Tower and Locanda Locattellis .The following morning after enjoying a further chill-out in the in-house spa we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast in The Orangery which offered us a wide range of options from Continental to Full English with extra touches such as fresh smoked salmon and ham as well as fresh pastries and fruit. Once again check-out was super swish and seamless with the added extra finesse of free bottled water for your homeward journey.

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Blackwell Grange Hotel
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#8 of 21 in Darlington

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!