We were given a voucher by family to usr for a meal,however,it was my husbands birthday so we booked an overnight stay.
Our family upgraded us to a junior suite which was lovely.
We dined in the Orangery after enjoying time in the pool and spa.
All experiences in this hotel are wonderful starting from check in .
The reception staff made us feel very special and we were shown our room .
On our way to the restaurant we lost our way and were taken to the cocktail bar by a manager.
After cocktail and canapes our dinner order was taken.
When we were shown to our table we were introduced to our waiter.
Throughout our dinner staff were checking that we were happy .
Considering this is five star the staff are pleasant and polite but never in your face.
I hope we will return sometime but in general a little expensive for the usual overnight treat.
Definitely worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Darlington/Hurworth-On-Tees