“Excellent”
Review of Rockliffe Hall

Rockliffe Hall
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Quite simply the best hotel I have ever been to or stayed at anywhere in the world. The service in the restaurants and bars was simply outstanding. In the Spa the butler looked after all our needs and the facilities offered evrything you could dream of.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are outstanding. We had a Junior Suite in the New Hall which was amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,687)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arrived at the reception and very kindly shown through to the conservatory area by one of the reception staff. We had our tea in the morning room which was very nice and relaxing with cosy chairs to relax back into after eating a little too much at once. The food was delicious, the service impeccable ! What more could you ask for?
Thank you Rockcliffe Hall for a very nice afternoon, we will be returning often I hope.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Constantly impressed by the many little touches that really make Rockcliffe Hall live up to its five stars.
Staff were superb and we enjoyed the fantastically presented food in the Brasserie. Could definitely have spent longer using the first class spa facilities!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Rockville Hall is superb. So much attention to detail from a pre-stay courtesy call to umbrellas for walks outside between centres. Brilliant staff, an exceptional Spa and wonderful food. Go on, spoil yourself and stay here

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend arrived at rockcliffe hall a little earlier than check in time therefore our room wasnt ready. We used up a bit of time visiting the brasserie for some lunch.. was faultless along with the service! We were very impressed. We then went to collect our bags which we were met by the concierge which took our bags straight to our room. We were guided to our room to find we had been upgraded from the tiplady lodge to a superior room by my parents which was a lovely suprise and oh my word the room was amazing! Never stayed in a room like it. So spacious and clean! The beds I must say are unbelievabley comfortable! The spa facilites were fab and I have stayed in quite a few spas and the rockcliffe beats everyone by a mile. The next morning we had our breakfast in the orangery - great service again and food was lovely! Im already looking forward to returning back already.. maybe treat myself to a treatment next time as the treatment rooms looked lovely!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked this for my boyfriend for his birthday. On arrival I was told we would be staying the oldhall room although I had booked a new hall room. When I mentioned this I was told we had been upgraded but I am not sure if that is entirely true. The room was lovely and huge! The bathroom was fab and they had left a card with some chocolates for my boyfriend which was a nice surprise for him.
The spa was really good, plenty of different things to do and we spent the whole afternoon in there.
We were really disappointed with the restaurant though - we decided to try the Orangery as we had heard the chef was amazing. However when the bill came to £140 for 2 people and we both left starving I was really disappointed! The portion sizes were so small that we had finished 2 course within 20 mins of sitting down! The dessert took a long time to come and was really nice when it finally arrived but my boyfriend ended up getting some cheese and biscuits just to feel a little bit more full. The food was nice but we've eaten so many nicer meals for half the price! The service was way over the top and the atmosphere was uncomfortable. The look of the restaurant was nice though.
At the end of our stay I paid for our room with cash but my credit card was still charged (for room and drinks we had in the spa) and refunded a few days later which was not ideal!
I would go back as the room and spa were lovely but the restaurant ruined what would have been a perfect trip away!

1  Thank po2983
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had afternoon tea at Rockliffe Hall to celebrate my husband's birthday yesterday. It was faultless. Very good service from friendly professional staff. The food was delicious and well presented. It was served in the Orangery which is a beautiful room with impressive views over the golf course and rest of the estate. We are going to a Christening there in a few weeks and can't wait to return.

1  Thank Jenny M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#8 of 21 in Darlington
Middleton Lodge
Middleton Lodge
#3 of 8 in Richmond

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!