“Luxury”

Rockliffe Hall
Glasgow
“Luxury”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Just home after another stay at Rockliffe Hall. It's the most amazing place to stay with the most amazing staff, food and attention to detail you will ever experience.

There is nothing you could do to make it better, in my opinion. I wish I could keep it all to myself but you have to try this hotel and you will not be disappointed. I intend making this a regular visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dreamon13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wonderful 3 night stay at Rockliffe Hall
Food was really very good -ate in the Clubhouse by the golf club and each meal (3 in total) were 5*
I imagine the food to be equally as good in the other 2 restaurants
Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and fabulous service
We have visited a number of 5* hotels and felt the quality of food at Rockliffe was definately the best
The service by all staff was friendly and faultless
If you want traditional rooms in the old hall you will be disappointed as the decor is definately modern - but it works well
The spa is excellent and the stain glass windows are beautiful when the sun shines through them.
Didn't try any treatments unfortunately but I do plan to come back and take advantage of what I expect will be first class treatments to match the food and service in this hotel
A clean , well run , friendly, helpful and 5* for everything !! Hotel
Give it a go !!
Would defo recommend a stay here .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rockcliffe Hall spa is the best we have been to by far, I had a resurgence facial my therapist was Hannah, it was AMAZING I have a facial once a month, this is the best I have by far. The actual spa, is lovely, we used all treatments zones particularly liked tropical room with heated tiled beds.
Plenty of comfortable loungers to chill in spa and pool area. The staff could not do enough for us very attentive.
Lunch in the Brasserie was excellent I really recommend the Mushroom soup so yummy very filling,. Mum and I had a lovely day out will definitely be going back in fact counting the days.

Room Tip: Didn't stay over sorry
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JALID
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

From arriving to leaving the people at the hotel made us feel special; David the concierge was really helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the history of Rockcliffe, he took the time to walk us round and give a brief history lesson. A true asset to the hotel.

The Brasserie was amazing - again the people working on the evening we ate were great and we had a lesson on champagne and prossecco - thank you

No words can describe how fantastic a time we had - Thank you to all the staff at Rockcliffe who we had the pleasure of meeting.

Room Tip: A little dearer but a room in the New Hall looking out towards the golf course is well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
north of england
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After having a fantastic time in April 2012, I decided to return with 3 friends to Rockliffe Hall for a Christmas treat.

We had lunch in the Brasserie, relaxed in the spa, then enjoyed a very enjoyable massage.
Our rooms in the Tiplady were very charming indeed. Everything we needed for a pleasant stay.
We attended the Christmas party night in the Club House; we had a lovely night.
Good food, great wine and fantastic company.

Looking forward to my next trip to Rockliffe Hall, and another fantastic trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been delaying putting this review on as had been waiting on an email from Simon Roberts from Rockliffe which was due during February explaining what was due to be corrected for this New Years event. But nothing has been received. Continuing the very disappointing service we received on the evening.

My wife and I attended the Rockliffe Mistletoe Ball on New Years Eve and sent the following email to them following our attendance.

Before I start I’d like to say that we’re both huge fans of Rockliffe, have visited the Spa on numerous occasions and stayed overnight many times. The Spa and hotel are superb and we can't recommend enough. We have dined in both the Orangery and the Brasserie also and having wonderful experiences recommended you to family and friends.

Based on previous experiences is the reason I’d like to pass on our personal experiences of the New Years eve event, which was made even more disappointing based on the high regard we have for Rockliffe in general.

Upon arrival, the reception room was very full, to the point where the only room to stand was near the door entrance right next to the band making conversation very difficult. The canapés only made it to our side of the room once whilst we waited. The time it did make it the contents were just a handful of the selection left to sample. As it was it just my wife and myself it seemed that the larger groups were given priority.

When we made it through to the main function room we found that our pre ordered drinks hadn’t been processed even though the rest of the table’s had, which was very embarrassing. I had to go back to the bar area to reprocess the order for the drinks and wait back at the table for them to be delivered, and even though I’d asked for the Prosecco to served first and the Rioja to come later they were both opened and delivered to the table at the same time.

The table layout and number of people / tables in the room meant that our chairs were next to the main room thoroughfare meaning we were constantly knocked all evening, there was really too many people / tables for that room.

The meal served was disappointing, my wife complained about the lack of lobster in her lobster for starters, and our beef main course was disappointing to say the least. Whilst serving one of the servers dropped a knife on my wife without any apology. Our neighbours on the table all agreed the food wasn’t up to the standard we’d expected.

I appreciate that the servers / waiters / waitresses were extremely busy, but myself and neighbours on the table all complained that it was impossible to catch someone’s eye. The lady next to me tried several times to get some water without any success.

The music played by the DJ was cringe worthy at best, with the likes of “Jive Bunny” and the like just not fitting for the venue or experience we’d expected and paid for. The band were very good, just not on long enough as the DJ’s choice of music before and after midnight was just terrible.

The piper seemed to be rushed in (as he battled to get through the compressed table layout) and the bacon sandwiches which we left the main room for were non existent and apparently all gone.

Overall and having experienced other New Years balls at (what we would have considered inferior) venues we expected nothing but the best and a wonderful experience, we left feeling extremely disappointed and along with others seated at our table stating we’d not be back for future New Years events.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Phil_Lilly
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Room, spa, dining experiences all faultless.

Lady on reception very helpful and provided full walking map of the area with routes of various lengths. As our stay was a birthday treat chocolates were in the room on arrival and the room was spotless. Up to date and well appointed rooms with good selection of magazines.

Dined at the spa and at the orangery and whilst different in character food and service were very nice.

Spa very clean and well maintained.

Will be back and will recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
BEST WESTERN Walworth Castle Hotel
Clow Beck House
Clow Beck House
#5 of 21 in Darlington

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!