“Luxury”

Rockliffe Hall
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Luxury”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Top-notch hotel, luxurious, fantastic rooms, great spa. A little pricey. Tip - when ordering a glass of wine, ask for the house wine. If you don't, they give you an expensive one without even asking, at around £15 !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyHFG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

this was a birthday treat. It is easily the most indulgent weekend away we've had. the concierge met us, parked our car and delivered our bags to the room (so glad we packed our stuff in a suitcase as it's usually in Tesco carrier bags) The staff were all attentive. The food was fantastic. The spa treatments were so relaxing. The spa had so many pool and sauna options. (not sure I liked the igloo which is a freezing version of a sauna. Each to there own! )Breakfast was lovely. We have eaten and relaxed and felt pampered. it has been such a lovely weekend. I cannot fault this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j2cru
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My husband took me to Rockcliffe recently for my 50th birthday. We had been before for meals in the orangery but this was our first time in the hotel. The whole experience was superb and surpassed anything we had experienced anywhere else in the past. The champagne chocolates and card in the room were gorgeous, the room beautifully appointed and the surroundings outstanding. The tasting menu itself was delicious and we could not fault the care and attention from waiters, sommelier or bar staff. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. My husband pronounced that if the black pudding had been a woman he would have married it! Funnily enough I understood. The full body massage in the spa was incredible and the spa itself far outstrips any other within the north east. Altogether a truly wonderful experience and one I can't wait for an excuse to repeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Beautiful location in an interesting building but the inside is contemporary and bordering on quirky in places. Luxurious rooms and in honestly it was the single most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever experienced in a hotel in my life. The spa was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Just home after another stay at Rockliffe Hall. It's the most amazing place to stay with the most amazing staff, food and attention to detail you will ever experience.

There is nothing you could do to make it better, in my opinion. I wish I could keep it all to myself but you have to try this hotel and you will not be disappointed. I intend making this a regular visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dreamon13
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wonderful 3 night stay at Rockliffe Hall
Food was really very good -ate in the Clubhouse by the golf club and each meal (3 in total) were 5*
I imagine the food to be equally as good in the other 2 restaurants
Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and fabulous service
We have visited a number of 5* hotels and felt the quality of food at Rockliffe was definately the best
The service by all staff was friendly and faultless
If you want traditional rooms in the old hall you will be disappointed as the decor is definately modern - but it works well
The spa is excellent and the stain glass windows are beautiful when the sun shines through them.
Didn't try any treatments unfortunately but I do plan to come back and take advantage of what I expect will be first class treatments to match the food and service in this hotel
A clean , well run , friendly, helpful and 5* for everything !! Hotel
Give it a go !!
Would defo recommend a stay here .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rockcliffe Hall spa is the best we have been to by far, I had a resurgence facial my therapist was Hannah, it was AMAZING I have a facial once a month, this is the best I have by far. The actual spa, is lovely, we used all treatments zones particularly liked tropical room with heated tiled beds.
Plenty of comfortable loungers to chill in spa and pool area. The staff could not do enough for us very attentive.
Lunch in the Brasserie was excellent I really recommend the Mushroom soup so yummy very filling,. Mum and I had a lovely day out will definitely be going back in fact counting the days.

Room Tip: Didn't stay over sorry