“Fabulous”

Rockliffe Hall
Lusaka, Zambia
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I visited Rockliffe Hall with my Mum and sister for a pre wedding pamper session including lunch.
The staff at reception, waiters and therapists were all friendly without being "matey" and extremely helpful.
The spa facilities are fabulous, and take the Rockliffe into another level in comparison to other luxury hotel spa's I have visited. We also liked that none of the therapists tried to hard sell the [products they had used during the treatment
Lunch was delicious and the puddings decadent enough to make you feel spoilt after such a healthy main course! Almost wish I had ordered the cheese board though, as it looked amazing.
Would make a plan to visit and stay the next time I return to the North Eas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We had a beautiful Mother's Day Afternoon tea. The setting was fantastic with a live singer outside the orangery. Service was excellent and food was delicious. Also very welcoming of a breast feeding mum.

• Stayed March 2014
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Top-notch hotel, luxurious, fantastic rooms, great spa. A little pricey. Tip - when ordering a glass of wine, ask for the house wine. If you don't, they give you an expensive one without even asking, at around £15 !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyHFG
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

this was a birthday treat. It is easily the most indulgent weekend away we've had. the concierge met us, parked our car and delivered our bags to the room (so glad we packed our stuff in a suitcase as it's usually in Tesco carrier bags) The staff were all attentive. The food was fantastic. The spa treatments were so relaxing. The spa had so many pool and sauna options. (not sure I liked the igloo which is a freezing version of a sauna. Each to there own! )Breakfast was lovely. We have eaten and relaxed and felt pampered. it has been such a lovely weekend. I cannot fault this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane C
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My husband took me to Rockcliffe recently for my 50th birthday. We had been before for meals in the orangery but this was our first time in the hotel. The whole experience was superb and surpassed anything we had experienced anywhere else in the past. The champagne chocolates and card in the room were gorgeous, the room beautifully appointed and the surroundings outstanding. The tasting menu itself was delicious and we could not fault the care and attention from waiters, sommelier or bar staff. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. My husband pronounced that if the black pudding had been a woman he would have married it! Funnily enough I understood. The full body massage in the spa was incredible and the spa itself far outstrips any other within the north east. Altogether a truly wonderful experience and one I can't wait for an excuse to repeat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Beautiful location in an interesting building but the inside is contemporary and bordering on quirky in places. Luxurious rooms and in honestly it was the single most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever experienced in a hotel in my life. The spa was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Just home after another stay at Rockliffe Hall. It's the most amazing place to stay with the most amazing staff, food and attention to detail you will ever experience.

There is nothing you could do to make it better, in my opinion. I wish I could keep it all to myself but you have to try this hotel and you will not be disappointed. I intend making this a regular visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dreamon13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#8 of 21 in Darlington
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!