“Spa day”

Rockliffe Hall
Durham, United Kingdom
“Spa day”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter and I had a chill out Tuesday spa day, lovely from start to finish. Our treatments were excellent thanks to Pim and Beth very professional while friendly sometimes a hard thing to balance, thank you girls. The food was fabulous with a very good menu. We will be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Staffordshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a fabulous 4 days in November 2013. Could not fault a thing. We were upgraded to a beautiful New Hall Room. Had full use of the Spa and we had 2 treatments included in our stay which were a full body massage and a Mud Ritual, both were fantastic. Food was lovely in both The Clubhouse and The Brasserie. Thinking of going back soon.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms would be fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Darlington for a year and this is the fist time at Rockliffe Hall. Definitely the best hotel on the area.

Great breakfast. Modern rooms. Good showers. Friendly staff. Lovely grounds.

Stay in the main house. Suites are very well appointed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dipstitch
Reviewed 25 May 2014

An amazing evening at Rockliffe Hall Spa (and gymnasium). Amazing, smiley, friendly, welcoming (yet not overly fussy) staff that couldn't do enough for us. Unbelievable facilities, classy but non-pretentious, extremely clean With good upkeep. The food was spot on. I'm exhausted and refreshed at the same time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Did not stop over, hence no rating for the breakfast or sleep quality.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
County Durham
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I bought vouchers for my in-laws and parents for christmas for lunch in the Orangery. When my in-laws rang to book their meal they were told that they no longer did lunch in the orangery! It was only because they stood their ground that the hotel conceded! Luckily they enjoyed their food.
My parents were relegated to the clubhouse and 'allowed' to dine on an evening, which suited them better. However their food was just ok. I'm sorry Rockliffe but I think your food should be 'wow' for what you charge.
Whilst I understand that things do change, it's my opinion that you should honour your vouchers especially since they do have a six month shelf life. The previous Christmas I bought afternoon tea vouchers for both parents which were immensely enjoyed, but I can honestly say I WON'T be buying any this year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChocolateLover45
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at Rockliffe Hall for our anniversary celebration. It lived up to our expectations. I cannot say anything detrimental. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. The spa is brilliant, with lots of different experiences to try (saunas, steam room, igloo and tepidarium) etc. We had a wonderful evening meal in the orangery. The suite we had was exceptional and the whole building is beautifully maintained and decorated. Everything was first class.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This our 4th time of staying here ....

It gets better each time we normally take our daughter with us as she loves the spa pool

The staff can't do enough to help out and always seem happy in the work

The restaurants are out of this world but I think they could do a child's menu in the orangey even if they limited the children to eating before 8

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#8 of 21 in Darlington
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rockliffe Hall

Property: Rockliffe Hall
Address: Rockliffe Hall Hurworth-On-Tees | County Durham, Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington DL2 2DU, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Durham > Darlington > Hurworth-on-Tees
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hurworth-on-Tees
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:5 star — Rockliffe Hall 5*
Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees