I was on a boy's golfing weekend and we stayed in two of the houses on the estate.
Perfect for what we wanted. The houses were well fitted out, but we didn't self cater. Can you imagine what it would have been like? But we did watch the World Cup
Restaurant - the Orangery
I would avoid. It's just not quite there and is masquerading as a top eatery. My chateaubriand was inedible - I left most of it. The service was erratic - some of the staff have not been trained and some have. And there was an incident when it came to the bill. This was a lesson on how to alienate your customers
Restaurant at the golf club
Good although again the service was variable. On the first day we waited an hour for breakfast. We learnt from this and on the second day, all went well. We had dinner on the second night which was fine. The service was good on this occasion
The course is great, the staff were very helpful and know what they were doing. And after all, we did come for the golf. The golf team should train the restaurant team in customer service.
Would I go back - yes. Would I eat in the Orangery - definitely no. The golf club - yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees
- Rockliffe Hall Darlington/Hurworth-On-Tees