3,008 results
All reviews golf course spa facilities cocktail bar afternoon tea first class amazing spa golf club spa experience out of this world five star hotel on arrival mood lighting birthday treat tasting menu whole experience special occasion top class
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here a few times before and after this stay I dont think we will return in a hurry. Pleased we booked the monday night special as we would have been complaining if we had payed normal price for the stay.
The reception staff were very friendly and propessional, we met the room cleaner doing the turn down service and she was really nice, room was bery nice.
We had evening meal in the brasserie and the menu was terrible, very little choice and what was on there you would never choose in what is supposed to be a nice restaurant (sausage and mash, cauliflower cheese etc). I had the 6oz steak which actually costs you an extra £5 on top of the package price and an extra £3.50 for just the sauce for the steak, andcit was one of the worst steaks ive ever had, shocking for the price they charge. While on the subject of price, I think it is unacceptable to be charging £6 for a small bottle of moretti and £9 for 2 lattes.
The 2 male members of staff in the spa couldnt have been less helpful if they tried, bad customer service skills.
We were going to book and stay a second night during this stay but I couldnt bring myself to spend anymore money at a hotel that is contantly ripping its guests off so only stayed the 1 night.
I highly recommend travelling an extra 45 mins and visiting Raithwaite Estate in Whitby as this is 10x the hotel of rockliffe and they dont feel the need to rip their guests off at every opportunity, lovely place, lovely food, great staff and normal prices there.
We will not be returning to rockliffe in the near future unless a lot changes there, it isnt the hotel it used to be and not worth the money they charge for everything.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank 732AndrewG
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a midweek escape in a New Hall room at Rockliffe Hall. The room was amazing and very large. Great bathroom and the bed was so comfy. It surpassed my expectations as did the relaxed vibe of the hotel. The only complaint I would have is the TV remote and software was awful and I struggled to get it to work. The spa is fantastic and much bigger than I expected for a hotel. The extra spa garden is very private and feels exclusive. I loved it.
Tasting menu in the orangery was epic as were the wine pairings. A fantastic experience. Next morning breakfast was great and we used the spa again for an hour.
Apparently cappuccino isn't included at breakfast though as an option which I found strange. I had spent a lot on a one night experience into the high hundreds. To be told small cappuccino is £4.50 extra is penny pinching and after a 98% perfect time it was a small negative. I'm not tight but do not like being ripped off.
Not to end on a negative however as there is much I haven't even mentioned that is fantastic including the staff. I would recommend to anyone wanting luxury and spoiling. Great setting great times.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 136asht
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly , I must say that I love this hotel. It is truely world-class hotel with super staff who really enhance it. The hotel made a fuss about going dog friendly with i think 6 rooms suitable and beautiful. My issue is that there is nowhere to eat inside other than the room which isn't an option for me on a break. The hotel has 3 restaurants and 2 bar/ lounges and all summer I have pressed for a few tables to be made available in the club house which is often half empty. Most people have no problem with dogs and if they have, there are still plenty of other options. Also the club house is large and a few tables as you enter seems the logical place and away from the main area. I've spoken to Anton who's charming and diplomatic but he informs me that the policy won't be changing. If they don't want dogs staying, that's fine but this is a half way policy and I describe it as dog acceptable at best.It could and should be better. Either scrap dogs staying or provide us sonewhere to eat please. Despite staying many times, and asking to speak to the chief executive, he didnt contact me. As a successful businessman, I can't understand why this is such an issue. I want to stay frequently as i love the place but sadly that won't be happening now. If I were Steve Gibson, I would not be happy with this frankly ridicilous business decision. I've stayed at many lovely dog friendly hotels all of whom provide an area to eat in. This is a half baked policy and I frankly expect more sense from such an establishment. Very petty and didsapointing. Where's the can do philosophy?

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic as always. Spa facilities excellent, room superb, food great but Rockliffe Hall’s greatest asset is its first class staff, of whom Anton the Concierge always goes not the extra mile but the extra ten miles. Thanks again Anton, from Tim and Susan.

Room tip: We have stayed in many rooms here over the years, all superb
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing time we had - staff were so welcoming - nothing was a problem everything was a joy - would definitely go back again ...
We arrived in sunshine around mid day booked in to the hotel, dropped suitcases.
We went for a lovely walk across the grounds and around the village. When we got back an hour later the bags were in the room .
Wow what a room, beautifully appointed, we had a coffee on our own terrace and then changed to go to the spa.
The garden spa is lovely well worth the upgrade to relax on hotbeds looking out across the parkland to then dip into the affinity pool with jacuzzi experience and shoulder jets and relax watching the sun set in the beautifully warm pool - heaven
I then had a lovely facial before going back to the room to change for our tasting dinner
The dinner was outstanding beautifully complemented with the wine pairing
The staff were attentive and knowledgeable about each of the 10 courses and dietary requirements were met for all those little nuances and preferences
The experience was perfection !

The beds were so comfy

The breakfast was good

The whole experience was truly amazing - I would truly recommend the hotel, spa and dining experience

Trip type: Travelled with friends