3,046 results
All reviews golf course spa facilities cocktail bar afternoon tea first class amazing spa golf club five star hotel out of this world on arrival spa experience mood lighting birthday treat star service tasting menu whole experience special occasion
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing! From the second we arrived to the second we left. Staff are professional, and extremely helpful. The Spa is amazing and we enjoyed a full body masssage. The restaurant serves fantastic food and brilliant if you have any allergies.
Can’t wait to go again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Treated our friends for lunch, great meet up. The food was very good and service friendly as usual! We all had different food variations from salad to open salmon & prawn sandwich. Lovely relaxed atmosphere. Thank you .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It took me a good month to decide between Rockliffe Hall and Seaham. In the end I went with Rockliffe but most certainly wished I hadn’t.

We arrived at rock life around 2pm to a very crowded/small lobby. I booked the overnight stay with spa package and dinner. Our room was not ready yet so we decided to head to the restaurant for a light lunch.

We decided to get ready for our massages and head down to the spa. It was very over crowded and no beds free for us so we sat on a small wicker chairs in the corner near the juice bar. We were told snacks and refreshments were available to us for free in the spa, this consisted of one apple left in a basket and water. Juice bar is extra.

Massages were pleasing although I’ve had better.

Finally we asked at spa reception if our room was ready as we were getting a little bored in the spa area, they said they didn’t know so sent us to main reception in our robes to again a very crowded lobby. I was mortified walking in with my robe on asking if our room was ready with everyone dressed up!

Our room was ready so we headed there after getting the key. Lovely room with a beautiful view but housekeeping really need to be more vigilant. There were stains on the pillow, marks on the information book and a ridiculous amount of dust behind the bedside tables when my fiancé went to turn his lamp off.

We ordered a light snack from room service which was lovely and didn’t take too long to arrive. We were getting ready for dinner when we had a knock at the door, it was turn down service, I told them we were heading for dinner in 15 minutes and to please come back after that.

Dinner was in the brasserie but we were very disappointed with the menu included in our package, we were told for a light supplement we could choose from the main a la Carte menu so we did. The food was decent but the atmosphere let it down being loud, too close to one another and small tables. We much would have preferred to have ate in the orangery but were told this was not possible as it was closed. Our bill came and you could have knocked me over with a feather - absolute extortion considering that we already had a dinner included in the package.

After dinner we decided to check out the cocktail bar, the prices really put me off - 15.00 per cocktail. However, I thought they must be decent so we ordered one each. I ordered a Cosmo and my partner espresso martini. My Cosmo came and it was like syrup, I couldn’t drink it and the barman noticed and offered to add more lime to it. This didn’t help at all. We decided to go to our rooms as I had been so let down with the evening. You’d think them getting a cocktail so badly wrong they wouldn’t charge for it but they did.

We retired to our rooms so disappointed with how everything had turned out and discovered turn down service had not been and our room service dishes still there. I was too worn out to complain so we went to sleep. 5.30am we were woken by screaming kids next door, this went on until 8am! I could have cried, why put us next to a young family knowing we were a couple booking a romantic package?? I was too angry now to care so got up, dressed and headed for breakfast. Breakfast was average, toast was cold, juice station like a kids juice bar which ran out. I just wanted to leave before I burst into tears.

On arriving back to our room our bill was there along with all the dishes still in the room. £700.00!!!! I was outraged!! We left our card details, along with a letter to management in expressing how disappointed we were. No one has been in touch at all so I have decided to leave this review.

We booked rockliffe for a change instead of visiting Edinburgh and staying in our favourite 5 star hotel there and going to our favourite Michelin star restaurant. We so wish we had done this instead as we were extremely let down at rockliffe.

I hope this gives some insight to future travellers. I should have went with my gut and booked seaham Hall.

Needless to say we will not be back.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank NicholaHope88
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Feel strongly enough to post whilst we are still here. We get one weekend away a year away and were persuaded to visit over Seaham Hall. The experience so far has been not incredibly positive. The room is great but not clean in the bathroom (room 217), hairs in the shower and water stains all over. The TV was finally made to work at 11.20pm. In fairness the meal in the clubhouse was very good quality and great service, sadly the quality of the room in the main building is poor enough to write a mediocre review. Bitterly disappointed that we have tried a luxury resort that has fallen woefully short of mediocre.

2  Thank geordylee
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited the golf club at RH this Christmas, and I have to say it was exceptional !! We had a beautiful table in the golf club area, and the staff were so good with my daughter, they even had a realistic father Christmas and Mrs Claus, this really made the day special for us.

Ben the club manager was so good on arrival and his staff treat us so well. We had the best day and it was so worth the money, we will be booking back up as soon as possible, and would like to thank Ben Hunt and his team for really treating us well. Malcolm & Jane Stephenson

Date of stay: December 2018