3,119 results
All reviews golf course spa facilities cocktail bar first class afternoon tea amazing spa golf club five star hotel out of this world spa experience mood lighting birthday treat star service tasting menu whole experience special occasion second to none
Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

My friend and I decided on a night away rather than Christmas presents great idea !
Upon our arrival we had warm professional reception from Alexa and concierge David.
Nothing was too much trouble so thank you it was appreciated.
The spa in my opinion is the best in the local area very relaxing.
We ate in the Brasserie and my steak was gorgeous! It lacks atmosphere in there though.
Got to say the menu choice was limited , I do prefer the Club house.
Breakfast in the orangery lovely and lovely service.
Garden spa very nice too.
All the staff are definitely a great asset.
Time to leave too soon nice check out by Kate.
I can’t wait to come back.
The rooms very comfortable and I love the decor and clean freshness of the hotel .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rockliffe_Hall_Hotel, Chief Executive at Rockliffe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear DebbieStocktonOnTees,

Your kind comments have been shared amongst the team, all of whom are delighted to hear that you feel ‘the staff are definitely a great asset’ to Rockliffe Hall.

In particular, Alexa, David and Kate are delighted that they were able to make your stay an enjoyable one.

We are so pleased that you plan to return to Rockliffe Hall in the future and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! From the second we arrived to the second we left. Staff are professional, and extremely helpful. The Spa is amazing and we enjoyed a full body masssage. The restaurant serves fantastic food and brilliant if you have any allergies.
Can’t wait to go again!

Dear CraigRadders,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Rockliffe Hall with the Tripadvisor community. How fantastic that you visited us in order to celebrate your wife’s birthday!

Your kind comments have been shared amongst the team, all of whom are delighted to hear that you found them to be ‘professional’ and ‘extremely helpful’.

How wonderful that you were able to take the time to relax and unwind in the spa during your stay and that you also had a treatment.

We are so pleased to hear that you plan to return to Rockliffe Hall in the future and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 January 2019

Treated our friends for lunch, great meet up. The food was very good and service friendly as usual! We all had different food variations from salad to open salmon & prawn sandwich. Lovely relaxed atmosphere. Thank you .

Dear Rozalyn l,

We are so pleased to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable lunch here with us.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to Rockliffe Hall in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

It took me a good month to decide between Rockliffe Hall and Seaham. In the end I went with Rockliffe but most certainly wished I hadn’t.

We arrived at rock life around 2pm to a very crowded/small lobby. I booked the overnight stay with spa package and dinner. Our room was not ready yet so we decided to head to the restaurant for a light lunch.

We decided to get ready for our massages and head down to the spa. It was very over crowded and no beds free for us so we sat on a small wicker chairs in the corner near the juice bar. We were told snacks and refreshments were available to us for free in the spa, this consisted of one apple left in a basket and water. Juice bar is extra.

Massages were pleasing although I’ve had better.

Finally we asked at spa reception if our room was ready as we were getting a little bored in the spa area, they said they didn’t know so sent us to main reception in our robes to again a very crowded lobby. I was mortified walking in with my robe on asking if our room was ready with everyone dressed up!

Our room was ready so we headed there after getting the key. Lovely room with a beautiful view but housekeeping really need to be more vigilant. There were stains on the pillow, marks on the information book and a ridiculous amount of dust behind the bedside tables when my fiancé went to turn his lamp off.

We ordered a light snack from room service which was lovely and didn’t take too long to arrive. We were getting ready for dinner when we had a knock at the door, it was turn down service, I told them we were heading for dinner in 15 minutes and to please come back after that.

Dinner was in the brasserie but we were very disappointed with the menu included in our package, we were told for a light supplement we could choose from the main a la Carte menu so we did. The food was decent but the atmosphere let it down being loud, too close to one another and small tables. We much would have preferred to have ate in the orangery but were told this was not possible as it was closed. Our bill came and you could have knocked me over with a feather - absolute extortion considering that we already had a dinner included in the package.

After dinner we decided to check out the cocktail bar, the prices really put me off - 15.00 per cocktail. However, I thought they must be decent so we ordered one each. I ordered a Cosmo and my partner espresso martini. My Cosmo came and it was like syrup, I couldn’t drink it and the barman noticed and offered to add more lime to it. This didn’t help at all. We decided to go to our rooms as I had been so let down with the evening. You’d think them getting a cocktail so badly wrong they wouldn’t charge for it but they did.

We retired to our rooms so disappointed with how everything had turned out and discovered turn down service had not been and our room service dishes still there. I was too worn out to complain so we went to sleep. 5.30am we were woken by screaming kids next door, this went on until 8am! I could have cried, why put us next to a young family knowing we were a couple booking a romantic package?? I was too angry now to care so got up, dressed and headed for breakfast. Breakfast was average, toast was cold, juice station like a kids juice bar which ran out. I just wanted to leave before I burst into tears.

On arriving back to our room our bill was there along with all the dishes still in the room. £700.00!!!! I was outraged!! We left our card details, along with a letter to management in expressing how disappointed we were. No one has been in touch at all so I have decided to leave this review.

We booked rockliffe for a change instead of visiting Edinburgh and staying in our favourite 5 star hotel there and going to our favourite Michelin star restaurant. We so wish we had done this instead as we were extremely let down at rockliffe.

I hope this gives some insight to future travellers. I should have went with my gut and booked seaham Hall.

Needless to say we will not be back.

Date of stay: October 2018
3  Thank NicholaHope88

Dear NicholaHope88,

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, as this allows us to improve as a resort moving forward. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared amongst the relevant members of the team.

We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Rockliffe Hall in the future in order to assure you of our best intentions.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Feel strongly enough to post whilst we are still here. We get one weekend away a year away and were persuaded to visit over Seaham Hall. The experience so far has been not incredibly positive. The room is great but not clean in the bathroom (room 217), hairs in the shower and water stains all over. The TV was finally made to work at 11.20pm. In fairness the meal in the clubhouse was very good quality and great service, sadly the quality of the room in the main building is poor enough to write a mediocre review. Bitterly disappointed that we have tried a luxury resort that has fallen woefully short of mediocre.

2  Thank geordylee
Rockliffe_Hall_Hotel, Chief Executive at Rockliffe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2019

Dear geordylee,

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, as this allows us to improve as a resort moving forward. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared amongst the relevant members of the team, whom will of course take your feedback on-board.

We hope that we are able to welcome you back to Rockliffe Hall in the future in order to assure you of our best intentions.