“Great food and service, but terrible value with wine”
Review of The Orangery

The Orangery
Price range: US$47 - US$100
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine British Dining
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We went for the signature menu and included wine pairing for an extra £55 per head. Not cheap by any means. The food and service were really very good, but the wine was shocking value. One wine per course, which was fine, but tiny little glasses of no more than 75ml per glass. We didn't see the bottles either, so goodness knows what happened to the rest. With dinner for 4 costing £600, being mean with the wine was just unnecessary penny pinching.

2  Thank Chris K

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel as a treat due to the price. Thought we would treat ourselves to dinner in the orangery. Very pricy but you pay for what you get. Best meal I've ever had. Scallops for starter with chateaubriand for main. I was to full to try dessert but they looked amazing. Service was brilliant nothing seems a problem for them. A must for any one in the area

2  Thank JakeAntell
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Thank you to everyone for making a celebratory meal something so special. From start to finish, wonderful, attentive service, delicious food and a beautiful setting. Particularly outstanding was the tarte tatin served with custard and caramel sauce which I cannot recommend highly enough for anyone with a sweet tooth. I will hopefully be back to relive the experience sometime soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came here with my mum for her birthday.
I found the wine list extensive which had something for any meal. Warm bread is served with a delicious soup to get you started.
I short, the service was fantastic, meal delicious! It was above average prices but the services and extras you receive make it worth it.
I REALLY COULDN'T RECOMMEND MORE

1  Thank emma c
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked my 50th Birthday Tea at Rockliffe Hall for 28th June with Hannah in events.
The day was amazing, best ever day we have had. Food fantastic and service brilliant.

I would recommend if you want to have a special event ring Hannah

Looking to sort something for Christmas