“Afternoon Tea a real treat and highly recommended.”
Review of The Orangery

The Orangery
Price range: US$47 - US$101
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine British Dining
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Rockliffe Hall and the Orangery is the perfect location to enjoy a delightful Afternoon Tea. The service is second to none, attentive but not overbearing and nothing is too much trouble. We were initially seated in the Orangery but the weather was so nice we decided to sit outside and admire the tranquil surroundings. The Afternoon Tea was fantastic, the food was delicious and excellent value for money. Highly recommended and we most definitely will be back.

There are newer reviews for The Orangery

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Afternoon tea had been bought for my mother from her grandson for her 80th birthday treat and we had both looked forward to going. The staff were very pleasant, attentive and eager to please us. The array of food for our tea was a very good selection and we were only able to eat about half of it. When we were ready to depart the waiter asked us if we would like to have the remainder of our tea boxed up,( a standard procedure that had gone on with all the other diners), I thought that was an excellent suggestion, however,as we had a fly crawling all over the food I explained to the waiter why we did not want to take the food with us. Although we appreciated that there was nothing the waiter could do about a fly I really expected him to offer us at least a token gesture of a scone or two. Nothing was suggested, I really felt let down as I thought that to keep up with the excellent service we had had to be offered at least something would have been in keeping with the standard of the hotel. Both my mother and I were disappointed.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I were given vouchers for an afternoon tea at the Hotel as a present from our son. Unfortunately we were not able to use our vouchers before the expiry date. When I tried to use the vouchers approximately 3 months after the expiry date the management at the Hotel flatly refused to accept them which I guess is their perogative - in doing absolutely nothing and keeping my £40 the Hotel had a good result. We however were very disappointed that the Hotel would not make an exception in our case after all they surely would have been making a fair profit on an afternoon tea in any case. If they had accommodated us I am sure I would have been forwarding a much more favourable review to this one.

4  Thank NEIL S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had afternoon tea with my friend and her daughter to celebrate my friends 50th birthday. We spent the afternoon in the Orangery which I had not been in before, it was a very sunny afternoon so the Orangery looked very pretty, light and bright. The food itself was delicious and all well presented, a good selection and choice. We all had a great afternoon and washed the sandwiches down with a lovely glass of champagne.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived to b greeted by very friendly and attentive staff.we sat outside as it was a lovely day, the surroundings were beautiful. When the food arrived although it looked stunning it didn't look enough, but we were soon proved wrong as we could not finish so staff boxed it up for us.overall a fantastic day and would definitely come again