“Birthday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2018

You do have to book if you require 4 or more but don't expect them to call back if they are busy. Lovely surroundings and very pleasant club house. Have been a few times and on some occasions the service is quite slow. Food is always excellent but not cheap. Plenty of choice on the menu. Would recommend for special occasions.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Came for my Mother’s birthday and was impressed at the quality of food (we had starters and Sunday dinner) and even moreso by the service provided by the staff. They were well presented, polite, friendly and much enhanced an already very enjoyable experience. The Clubhouse itself held a pleasant atmosphere with panoramic views of the golf course that served as the perfect back drop to what was a great afternoon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

what a lovely place and lovely views across the golf course, we had a lovely lunch with friends, a good golf course if someone likes golf, but we didn't have a game, staff very helpful and pleasant would go back for a repeat visit some time, access for disabled is good.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I admit I expected more as it’s within a 5 star hotel but it was good all the same.

I opted for the steak sandwich which came with beef dripping chips, mayo and pepper sauce.
I was a little disappointed as the steak was cold, and the lettuce, tomato and onion had obviously just came out of the chiller too. As the pepper sauce and chips were hot, I found it a strange combination. But it was really tasty so no real complaints.

My husband went for the fish & chips which came with mushy peas, tartar sauce and a lemon wedge. This looked lovely and apparently tasted amazing. I’ll go for that next time.

Service was great, can’t fault that at all.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank MrsFMM
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Staff were very friendly indeed, the roast beef was so tender! Rockcliffe Hall is nice to visit, however, the clubhouse lacks character. I have had nicer meals and charged less money so I probably won't be returning for a while.

The staff did make me feel welcomed and special.

Date of visit: August 2018