“Good eats”

Add it.
Ironwood Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Walker
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here with a group of friends, 8 adults and one grandson, on a Tuesday night. The service was great. Summer was our waitress. For only working there for a week, she did an excellent job. Very friendly and helpful. I believe the place has just recently been remodel. Plenty of seating by the bar and the lower dinning level. The food was pretty good. I had the burrito, which was huge. You will not walk away hungry from this one. They even made up a special nachos for my grandson, which was not on the menu. My wife had the nachos supreme, it also was huge. Everyone else was pretty happy with their meals too. Definitely will stop here again

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I would almost like to give it a "4" since it has improved from the past name and ownership. The menu had a lot options, the service was good. But nothing stood out as being great. I thought the prices were reasonable for what we ordered. It is still mainly bar food. They were not overly crowded at 7:00 on a Friday night.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The food here is very good and reasonably priced. The staff is very attentive and their daily specials are delicious. We come mostly on Wednesdays and are always seated right away. S

Reviewed 20 March 2017

So this is the reincarnation of the Shamrock on Wilson and Remembrance. We ate at the Shamrock a few times because it was fairly close and casual but really was never impressed. Food was OK, nothing special and even though the place was never busy the kitchen was slow and the staff going through the motions. It got to the point we just quit going there and found it no surprise when they closed.

So we were excited to see this place re-born. And I can tell you the new owners are KNOCKING IT OUT OF THE PARK!

I gave it 5* not because it is fine dining or anything...but because they are killing it for what they are trying to do and the waitstaff hustles and always lets you know that your business is appreciated.

The place is always packed at Happy Hour and they have a real nice beer selection. We usually show up on a Friday night just as the "after work" crowd that was there for the Happy Hour is starting to disperse and even though it is still busy we have always managed to get a table for 2. Bigger parties might have a wait on the prime nights (Fri/Sat)

We have tried a lot of stuff. Steak, burgers and their Perch Platter and never had anything we didn't like. Our favorite is the Perch Platter just because not many places around here do a good one and they do and it is so close to our house. We always get their Tatar Tots as our side instead of the fries because they are really good.

We met the owners and told them that the place is 100% better since they reopened it and you can tell they are doing a great job with the staff and making sure people are satisfied. I am sure there are bumps and hiccups like any restaurant but I am also sure that if something isn't right they will make it right.

Just a really good casual place to go eat or have a couple (or lot of) drinks.

So glad they re-opened but not just re-opened are doing it right. Now we find ourselves going here almost by default when we don't feel like cooking but don't really want to get dressed up or the hassle of going downtown or too far away.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

KARAOKE SAT 9pm-1am

There were a handful of singers at IGB that I have never seen before. They were good at it. We brought a dozen singers and the KJ himself from the Wednesday gig to support this KJ and his wife whom we all know. The setup was the norm for Grand Rapids--no video monitor for the audience, only the singer got one.

The setup for the singer is up a staircase overlooking the karaoke half of the building's audience. The audio and video monitors are up there and just room enough for a duet. However, there is an EXIT sign above your head. This is a fire escape egress staircase. There are a variety of other places for the singer. A spotlight shining on the floor area would make the singer stand out just as much or more than being on an emergency staircase.

The large bar area was on the upper level comprising the other half of the building. It seemed nice having the separation between singers and sports fans. But, the noise was not se-par-a-ted. The ceiling is 30 ft. high and appears to be all metal--reflective metal--beamed right into the karaoke area. And I'm sure we were transmitting just as much noise to the bar area also. In fact, I walked alongside those sitting at the bar and some were SHOUTING at each other. Even if IBG happened to win an all expenses paid acoustical ceiling treatment, it's to late to put it in now.

FOOD: The cod was very good. The batter had a crispness I had never experienced before. (New cooking oil?)

SERVICE: The server did a good job. The ginger ale was weak and it was exchanged for root beer.

1  Thank Kenneth F