“Welcome to Hell”

Ranked #2 of 2 Orpington B&B and Inns
Hull
“Welcome to Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Me and three other contractors was put in here for the week and it was the worst place we have stayed ever can't believe this place is allowed to be open the rooms are discusting there can't be a Hoover in the building the floors are coverd in filth there's damp all over the walls and I wouldn't dare sleep in the filthy bed we was that close to sleeping in the van plus there's loads of gypsys wot treat down stairs as there own living room which the hotel staff do nothing about this place is a absolute rats nest DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Franks1986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Well the rooms are disgusting and if that's not enough the staff of the establishment are controlled by the local users of the bar! I was knocked out by one of them! After I bought him a drink!!! And he couldn't look me in the face before doing so! Never met any one so yellow before that night! Oh and the police station opposite the hotel shuts at 7!!! JUST DONT GO HERE! Even of your homeless it's the lowest of the low. Staff wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank Flick_em_the_bird

Travellers are raving about these Orpington hotels

Westbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Pictures are about 10 years out of date. It is dirty, not maintained at all. Was not expecting much for the price, but did expect curtains over the windows, and a clean room. We complained so they gave us an upgrade. So we had curtains, but more mould in the bathroom, and a shower that sprayed water in the direction of the light fitting before dribbling down. Holes in the wall, and lose electrical sockets. Not all lights actually had bulbs in them.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Joanne L
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My parents stayed at this hotel on Sat 22nd Feb. They would never stay here again . They had no sleep due to the noise going into the early hours. The room wasn't described as mentioned and they had to buy their own milk as the owner hadn't been to cash and carry .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank susan c
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Traveled with wife for an important business, been to many hotels around the country some older than this but this hotel is the worst I've ever been to, no curtains in bathroom so if u have a shower people outside can watch u, mould growing tiles broke never used the toilet at night because of the noise when u flushed and smelled of sewage the room smelled the carpets filthy, the heating never work, no hot water mould and damp in bedroom, mattress is old and uncomfortable, was cheap to stay here but for the same price u can stay at travelodge, only stay if u are desperate and I mean desperate

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank paulrm2304
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Myself and 8 others were booked in here for the one night 02/02/14 ( thank god ) as we were attending a freinds 40th Birthday party at the nearby LA Fittness centre.
The room i had allocted was no 6 and freinds were next door in room 7, i entered the room and the lights flickerd on and off, and looking at the light fittings i am not suprised, the cups on the tray, i have thrown out better, there were 3 beds in the room, again( thank god ) as one had obviously been eaten by a rabied dog as the base was chewed to peices ( i do have pic's but cant up loads them :( )
Then i went to the bathroom, and yes you guessed it, one complete wall and its tiles , had more mould on it than fine cheese. Disgusting to say the least, the towels were clean and soft though, but trying to take a shower, was a laugh as you had to hand hold it , this is the uk and 2014, get a grip !!!!!!

One i had left my bag in the room, we went to the Bar, which had no sofr drinks at all except some flat coke out of a 2ltr bottle which i payed the privlage of £1.40 for 1/2 a pint in a dirty glass, i didnt have another one.

The only redeeming feature was the nice lady doing the breakfast in the morning , so we ate that quickly and got the hell out and pleased to be going home.

Only use this if you are desperate and have no where else to go.

Room Tip: Read all the above PLEASE before you book here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ukguy999
Lloret de Mar, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I booked this Inn because is the closest one to my realtives... but never again!!
I booked as Always, no problem, one thing it said, they charge the 10% of the total amount before you reach there,,, fine... until I've found they charged me the total amount!!!
I tried many ways to contact them, but impossible in some days... finnally I could talk with someone, they told me they have nothing about they charged me all... so I emailed them the bank extract where it says clear that they did... then yes... the answer was...someone made a mistake...
And I had to edit my booking through the other webpage cos they couldn't do anything...
I asked for my money back.. but they keep saying that until I dont cancel,,, they can't.
I cancelled the booking, completely, and ask also for my money back.
My surprise is that... not even they havent put my money back.. they charged me again!! the 10% of the total amount of cancellation..
I stayed here before,, it is a crap place... crap rooms.. crap service... and too expensive for what is it.
And the staff is horrible too,.. the one I talked to, Lobna, not helpful and not friendly at all, cos she didnt solve any of what I asked to do.
I do not recommend this place to noone,,, not even to rats!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Figui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orpington
Premier Inn London Orpington
7 Hotel Diner
7 Hotel Diner
#1 of 1 in Halstead
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel

Been to Mary Rose Inn? Share your experiences!