“Cant wait to return”
Review of Chapter One

Chapter One
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapter One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 163 Restaurants in Orpington
Price range: US$0 - US$82
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Behind the charming Tudor exterior is a bright, modern restaurant with top notch modern European cuisine. Chapter One has gained enthusiastic reviews from many major restaurant critics and happy plaudits from satisfied diners. Not to mention that it won AA restaurant of the year 2004 and comes along with four AA rosettes. The dining room is relaxed, spacious and comfortable, and the cooking superb. Start with something inventive, like homemade roast gnocchi with braised chestnut, pumpkin and lobster. Then do try the braised oxtail with pancetta bacon and parsnip puree - everyone raves about it. The wine list shows much care and attention too. You will leave feeling well-fed and well cared-for.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went here on a week day lunchtime, I had the rib eye steak, and it is the tastiest peice of steak I have had. I didnt think my day could get any better until I had desert, peanut and chocolate tarte with banana sorbet to die for. I cant wait to go back. the staff are so friendly

There are newer reviews for Chapter One

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Chapter One to celebrate my husband's birthday.Have been to this restaurant a few times now as it is local to where we live.We were lucky to have a voucher to spend on our meal.We booked a lunch time meal and stuck to the set menu.Was'nt a great choice of dishes but managed to find something we both liked,having said that I would have liked a bit more variety.You could either choose from a 2 or 3 course meal priced differently.Ww opted for 3 course but then declined dessert as rather full(even though portions are on the small side) the waiter said he would let us have coffee instead of dessert.At the time did not question this as we had enjoyed ourselves.However think it was a bit cheeky as coffee and desserts do not cost the same.The food is beautifully cooked and presented you cannot argue with that,but for a lunch time meal out I think it is too expensive.Will return in the future in the evening and stick to the main menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for dinner on Saturday night with my husband. As usual,the staff were very polite
and attentive. Courses not rushed, lovely atmosphere,Only one niggle,the food could have
been hotter. Next time, I will mention this when ordering to avoid it happening again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the time we arrived we were treated like royalty. The cocktails and selection of wines was 2nd to none. The food was cooked and presented beautifully, we all chose different meals and none of us were disappointed and you could not fault the service. I shall Definately return. First class!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Had a birthday meal with a friend and his partner which was extremely good - has the tester menu and it really was delicious - will have to return!