“Wonderfully main courses but disappointing mixed starter”
Review of Xian

Xian
Ranked #12 of 167 Restaurants in Orpington
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for the first time on the 15 th of July with high expectations. I went with a business customer and ordered a mixed starter to share
which came out in a very dry and past it's best. I did not complain because of being with
a client, however the main courses if lemon chicken and
Chicken curry were excellent
and I can see why this place is popular but they do need to keep a consistent standard.

2  Thank Matthew S

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I cannot believe some of the negative reviews on here of this fabulous restaurant but I guess every eaterie has it's off day. From a personal perspective, I've been coming here for a number of years now and have never been disappointed. Certainly some of the best Chinese food I've eaten anywhere in the world and the fact that it's full almost every night must say something about the place. If there was any criticism it would be that the service can be a bit hurried but the staff are pretty good if you just ask them to slow down a bit. 10 out of 10 for me every time at Xians

3  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I hardly ever order take away but decided to tonight as we are getting ready to move house. This is the second time trying Xian as we live around the area and it's the second time they have gotten part of our order wrong. So dissapointed we will never be back. We were offered a replacement but with having to put the kids to bed we would have only eaten really late. Plus it means I have overpaid for our meal. Funny how you never land up with something more expensive, hey.

1  Thank MeganLS
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

A lovely restaurant with a great menu and a superb service. I have been coming to this great establishment for nearly twenty years and it always provides a great night out for couples, friends and families.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've been dining in this wonderful Chinese restaurant for many years now and cannot rate the food and atmosphere enough, it is always immense. Even though I have since moved to Brighton my family still live in Orpington so I make it a priority to return as often to eat here as I can as I cannot find such a quality restaurant anywhere else locally. Even comparing Xian to a London based Asian restaurant, it still ranks number one for me!

1  Thank Figaro29