“Lovely Little India” 4 of 5 bubbles

Little India
Ranked #55 of 155 Restaurants in Orpington
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: 01689 820671 BR5 1NA
Scottburgh, South Africa
“Lovely Little India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you for making our Honeymoon dinner special and very enjoyable. We found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming, and the food was great.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Lawz23

Orpington
“Great Curry House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We've been regulars at Little India for seven or eight years now. The food is delicious and the staff are lovely, including the owner - who is regularly in the restaurant and unfailingly friendly and polite when dealing with us. I can only assume it must have been some sort of misunderstanding with the previous reviewer, certainly the very opposite of our experience. We quite regularly go in Monday or Tuesday night, because we like it quiet, but it gets much busier towards the end of the week, and the atmosphere's always great. Being boring we tend to have the same thing every time: Poppadums, two starters (Lamb Kebab is very good), two mains (Chicken Tikka recommended), two large Cobras (for me!) and a Coke (for the wife!), which sets us back about £40 with a well-earned tip - good value for quality food. As for the last guy's speculation on the cleanliness of the kitchen - last time I looked Little India had a 4 "score on the door" for hygiene, which is actually really impressive, much better than most restaurants manage, even big posh ones - so definitely don't worry about that.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Stewhils
Orpington, United Kingdom
“pleasant curry house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Liked - food (but see below); friendly and quite efficient staff..

Disliked - prefrozen factory produced desserts

Visited March 2014
3 Thank charles robert p
kent, england
“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Whether you have take away or eat in this restaurant is always great. The staff are friendly and attentive, the food is fabulous and there is always a good buzz to the restaurant. When we order take away we always go in there to order so we can sit with a beer while we wait. Would recommend everything about it.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank suerayKent_England
Kent
“Rude owner do not go!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

On a Monday night me and my partner wanted a bite to eat so it was our first time in little India, we had popadoms a glass of wine and a beer and I had a king prawn butterfly purée my partner had a mixed meat starter we was asked for our main but we are both not big eaters so we was full, so we paid our bill which came to £25 the next night we went to do the same as we enjoyed the food, when we ordered our food they kept asking for our main we said we didn't want a main and then saw all staff talking about us so I asked for the bill and a card with the owners name, a man came forward aggressively and said I'm the owner what's your problem I said firstly your attitude, I said is there a problem us ordering a starter popadoms and a drink costing £50 in 2 evenings to which he replied yes it's not our policy to allow that! Which I replied so if I ordered only a main meal and no alcoholic drinks which would come to the same amount would that be ok? He said no he wouldn't want customers like that, so I said he is basically telling people what to eat or drink and to be honest £50 in the week is not to be sniffed at when the Indian was empty! We would have probably gone again and told friends but after this we was in complete shock, we then walked around the back of the building and it looks discusting so I wouldn't like to think what the kitchen is like? Every time we walk past it's empty I honestly don't believe that was the owner as how could he turn away custom like that and be so rude! We shall make sure people in pets wood are aware how rude this man was no sorry he was too rude to be a man!

• Visited February 2014