“Favorite Hotel in Paris - absolutely wonderful rooms”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 night as a family (3 of us) during the Christmas/New Year's holiday. Absolutely LOVED this hotel. We had a mini-suite which was very large in size by European standards and had beautiful/modern decor. Loved the Nespresso in my room AND the 1 minute walk to the Metro line. Grocery close by allowing for quick access to food/drink/wine... Just to know - you are across the river but, it is still a GREAT hotel for tourists - really easy to get to around the city and very quickly. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and will stay there again on my next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Choose to upgrade to mini-suite if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Matthieu G, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for your very comprehensive review! It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Helpful and friendly staff.

The rooms are spacious and clean.

1 min walk from metro line one.

The surrounding area is beautiful

Isabelle at the front desk was so helpful.

There's a few sandwich bars and sushi places right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jade D D
Albert M, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Jade,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing such a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, the different amenities we offer and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Robin DEROP
Guest Relations

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have now stayed in this hotel several times, and it us generally very good. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with a very comfy bed and a great shower. The restaurant is quite small, and serves excellent - if pricy - food. The same restaurant serves breakfast, which visits an eye-watering 27 Euros if you go for anything cooked. There is a small, but unremarkable, bar by the restaurant. Service is good and friendly throughout. The hotel us centrally placed in La Defence, in easy walking distance to the huge Quatre Temps mall, several local restaurants and most of the big corporate towers. But the whole area feels very sterile out of hours, so there is limited temptation to leave the hotel anyway. A RER station is only about 150 metres away, with frequent services to the city centre. This is a dependable resting place fir those who have business at La Defence, but there are better locations fir those wanting to visit Paris.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pandalf

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

i take this opportunity to inform you that we have know three kind of breakfast, from 16€ to 27€ to meet our guest expectation. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish me to send you the full breakfast menu.

Robin DEROP
Guest Relations

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went away to Paris for 2 nights with our 5 month old baby and we cannot fault this hotel. Yes the location is not close to any major attractions but we knew this upon booking.

When we arrived we were greeted by happy and welcoming staff. Check in could not have been easier or faster and you can always help yourself to the free apples in the lobby if it does take slightly longer than normal. Upon check in the staff member let us know that we had been upgraded (for free) to a superior room which was a nice and pleasant surprise. My husband had not notified on booking that we had a baby with us so i was a little concerned about sleeping arrangements. However, the hotel staff could not have made it easier and quickly offered to have a cot bought up to the room. Nothing was too much trouble and we found this consistency throughout our stay (we often had to call front desk to ask help in sterilising bottles for baby feed, travel adaptors or just general city info)

The rooms were very clean and spacious which was nice as we had to get a cot in there too (which arrived a few mins after we entered our room). Complimentary Evian water bottles and chocolates were left on each bedside table and Hermes bath products were a very luxurious touch.

As mentioned above the location of the hotel is not too close to the main attractions of Paris as its based in the business district hence all the tall buildings surrounding it but everything is a short metro ride away (jump on the m1 to be exact). Unfortunately the French metro system is not suitable at all for people with young babies such as ours or disabled people but that is no fault of the hotels.

There is a massive shopping complex near to the hotel but as we had such a short time in Paris we were unable to explore it. Maybe next time.

I cannot and will not fault this hotel. The staff are truly wonderful and are doing a fantastic job. It really did make our little get away as first time parents that much easier and i would love to thank the staff for that.

• Stayed: February 2014
Albert M, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Bonjour,

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great service, very helpful with advising us etc. got upgraded to a superior room. Only thing was where we got there late (10pm) there's were no welcome pastries for us, lol.

Bed was soooo comfy. They were 2 beds put together but with a great mattress topper so we couldn't even tell. Pillows were like clouds. Very quiet hotel and we slept wonderfully. The room was lovely but we were only provided with one bottle of water between us and the shower was not very strong. Fab Hermes products!

Very conveniently located. 2 min walk from esplanade de la defense metro station and 7-8 minute walk to La Defense RER station and Le Quatre Temps shopping centre and the Grande Arche.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense and the Mybed Concept by Sofitel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 because my company office is nearby. For tourist activities and traditional Parisian charm, this hotel is lacking. However, I thought it was excellent for my purposes. The turn down service is lovely - they leave you chocolates and turn on some soft jazz for when you return. The room was large and exceptionally comfortable. My only complaint is that breakfast is not included and is rather expensive. Luckily, there is a Starbucks near by. All in all, I thought the service was great and the rooms were comfortable, so I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Madame,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The first impression of this hotel is not good - the doormen and doorwoman not friendly at all and looked mildly inconvenienced by my arrival which I found rather disconcerting to put it mildly.

Then to the front desk. "Frosty" might be the word I would use - and in comparison with other Sofitel front desks in France, UK and elsewhere, I would judge their performance and interaction to be cold and not that effective. My loyalty card was noted, upgrade not given (despite them saying they were not that busy) and I had to ask for a free drink voucher, which I normally never do. There was a sigh, and it was produced without a smile. A bad day in the ranch? I don't think so, as others have commented on this aspect.

Rooms are good of course. "My bed" is super comfy and as I had a luxury room (booked) and for Paris, it is quite spacious. Free broadband. Nothing to complain about here.

Then to food. Extortionate prices for frankly, rubbish. Cold service to match the cold-ish food and glacially slow production of food. Advice - hop on the Metro, one stop or two. Get off somewhere along Charles de Gaulle as I did and find a little bistro. I had amazing aligot potatoes and sausages with red wine, cheese and great coffee for the price of a crap main course in the hotel.

I have sampled many hotels in la Defense thanks to my work. The Sofitel's rooms are super. The rest of it - namely service standards and personnel attitude fail to meet the mark.
And it needs sorting. Matthieu Gaujard the GM must surely know that there are major service issues even though there are compensatory facets - such as the rooms and general ambiance.

Another Accor property in la Defense, for me, is much better - the Pullman...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business