“Great Hotel”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Friendly staff, great room and hermes in the bathroom!!

Stayed here for my girlfriends 21st birthday, a tube away from the center and could imagine it would be great for business as it is in that district.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Bonjour !

Thank you for your very comprehensive review! It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon,

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I was still exploring hotels in la Défense area and it was sofitel next in my lest. I will be visiting Paris every month for business and needed my to go spot.

Very friendly and helpful ladies at the front desk who are eager to help.

Sofitel is very well located between La Defense and Neuilly with a Metro station just 5 min away. I haven't seen the hotel in the past so I don't know if it Just got a face lift due to new looking lobby, bar/Dinning area. Very Nice color harmony and Easy on the eyes.

Room was comfortable if you don't mind a couple of stains here and there and the really old power sockets in the walls that fell off every time I unplug my electronics. Hence, room had a good space and I was pleased with that. Bathroom is a bit aged with hermes amenities which I appreciate a lot. The only negative Comment about bathroom is that toilet Seat is extremely close to the wall.

I didn't try room service so I can't Comment on that yet.

My second stay was the same expect I was offered a "better" room type which was a bit more bigger with different color scheme and a standup shower

Overall, sofitel was a very good choice given the city Standard

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Naifitto,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Paris La Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one!

Guest Relations

Reviewed 19 June 2014

When touring from time to time it is nice to blow the budget and stay in a quality hotel. Sofitel does not usually disappoint. This hotel is situated at the end of the the Red line in la Defense unless you have business there the location is not convenient whatever the reason it is not pleasant. The staff appeared to be going through a routine on autopilot. Asking if we needed a taxi when we had already said we had the car in the basement and wishing us a good flight as we left!
The rooms were comfortable but the bathroom not up to the standards of the more modern hotels. Three items in my room were non-functional/broken and the shower was very weak.
In the bar we had to put up with two customers becoming extremely passionate with each other for a prolonged period, staff made no attempt to separate them. I shall not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Edmund Spencer,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having written your review on Tripadvisor. Reading your comment, I understand that our hotel did not match with your expectations.

In regards to our location, it is true that our hotel is not situated downtown, however the heart of Paris, the Champs Elysées avenue, is at 10 minutes by subway Line 1 (yellow Line) or car. La Defense is the business district of Paris, and gets the advantage to be a walking zone only, which makes it very safe and quiet.

It was with much regret and concern that I read about your experience and I would like to discuss this further with you, if you could kindly contact me directly at the hotel.

I truly hope having the opportunity to welcome you back at the Sofitel La Défense.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The first attractive thing for me, was the nice view of the la defense buildings from the room window.
Rooms were clean and the staffs were hospitable.
Although It's lobby is very small and it's bar is expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pashan2003 ,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Sofitel Paris La Défense and many thanks for your kind words.

It is great to hear that your experience with us was most enjoyable and that you truly appreciated the location, the room and the staff.

I will be delighted to share your comments with the rest of the team here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Walking distance from Esplanade Metro is 8 min. For those who are carrying big luggage and are thinking of taking metro as a transport to reach this hotel.There is no lift at the metro station to bring you to Level 1 Platform. You have to climb up the metro stairs and drag your luggage before reaching the hotel. More advisable to take a taxi. This hotel is situated in a business district. I stayed 2 nights during the weekend and the hotel surroundings at night is super quiet. I stayed in a twin bed room and I must say I really enjoyed staying in Sofitel. 2 bottles of water are complimentary given. The bed is so comfortable and the room ambience is nice, & there is jazz music played in the room. The toiletries are from Hermes. Good Housekeeping is provided daily. Kudos to the team in Sofitel Paris La Defense. Staying in this hotel for 2 Nights did leave me with a beautiful memory in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HoyuE
SOFITELDEFENSE, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Hoyu,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing such a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, the different amenities we offer and our location.

I also would like to inform you that there is mecanic stairs for going to level 1 from Metro station.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was an amazing hotel. The tube was very close, basically a walk out the door and down the steps. The rooms weren't large but they were definitely beautiful. Room service was good. Toiletries were awesome, Hermes. Would definitely stay here again if Paris. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SOFITELDEFENSE, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear LoisLevar,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Came here for my 30th birthday. I'm happy to say i found the car entrance on my first attempt! But as noted, that's not easy. There's a few tunnels to get through to find the parking garage and the GPS loses reception, just keep an eye out for the Sofitel signs.
Valet parking was fine (as it should be for that price).
The hotel itself is nice. a nice decor in the lobby and the staff at the counter were friendly. They had mistakenly put me in a smoking room, but about 10-15 minutes later my room was ready.
Nice room, clean, comfortable with a good bathroom. Took public transport into the city, which was a lot easier than the hassle of driving in central Paris and trying to find parking there.

One minor con was the fact that when we were looking for a restaurant late in the evening, the lady downstairs (at the desk near the entrance, not the main desk) said that everything was closed, but for the restaurant in the hotel. We walked out and found a shopping centre with ample food possibilities, even late in the evening.

All in all though: a positive experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you let them know whether you want a smoking or non-smoking room!