“Fantastic hotel”

Sofitel Paris La Defense
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Immediately upon arriving at this hotel we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff, and received a x-welcome drink.
The hotel is located in the Defense area which makes it in the weekends a very quite area to reside.
The arch of La defense is in walking distance as is the subway station Esplanade of line 1.
So downtown is not far away using this means of transportation.
You can also get there via taxi.
All of the staff we met were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was great
My wife and I will surely return here

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger L
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Californian Surfer!

Thank you for leaving such a lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Sofitel Paris La Défense.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!.

We always strive to ensure we provide an exceptional service; so to read your kind words is very much appreciated by myself and the brilliant Sofitel team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself and my partner had a one night stay at this hotel as a treat to end a few weeks of backpacking around Europe- and what I treat it was!!! The staff and standard of service we received was excellent, and really made you feel valued and it only got better. Our room was so spacious and clean and provided everything we needed and more. The highlight by far was the bed- the biggest comfiest bed I have slept in! The bathroom was lovely too. There's only two things that lets it down. 1) the location is a bit far out of Central Paris, but there is a metro station which is it's saving grace just a 5 minute walk away. 2) it is expensive, but that's what you get for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jessicarachel2

Bonjour Jessicarachel2,

Thank you for your very comprehensive review! It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed so many of our facilities. This type of customer feedback is what motivates us to keep on providing the absolute best service that we can!

You're always welcome at the Sofitel Paris la Défense.

Hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a great time in Paris. Great quiet location off from Paris core. Friendly and helpful staff. Room is a bit small but I guess this is expected of Paris hotels. The room could use some updating. Overall, the room was clean. May consider using this hotel again next time I am in Paris.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eugene C
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Egeune C,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris la Défense. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend And I are just back from celebrating my birthday for the weekend I enjoyed the hotel location while a distance away from main sights it was very close to RER train line and metro stations . we stayed in a junior suite wonderful sized bath and shower and found it also well equipped ,breakfast was nice but found area that breakfast was served not large enough tables very close together. Staff at reception very pleasant and helpful and we would defiantly stay again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Ruth,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sofitel Paris la Défense for your last Parisian visit and for writing such a positive review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, the different amenities we offer and our location.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon; It will definitely be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is very nice, clean hotel in the center of the financial district. It is about a 2 minute walk from the Esplanade de La Defense Metro station, next to the last stop on line 1. This line takes you right into the center of the city, and allows for easy connection to all the major sites. It took about 20 minutes with one change to get to Trocadero, one of the Metro stops for the Eiffel Tower. The hotel is modern, has helpful multilingual staff. The bed was comfortable, hotel had a good breakfast buffet, except for the mediocre, runny scrambled eggs. I was visiting on business, and the convention center CNIT was about a 8-10 minute walk. The area also has easy access to RER. There is a huge mall, 4 Temps, right across from CNIT, with just about every store you would expect to find in an upscale shopping center, as well as large Auchan supermarket (think of an order of magnitude upgrade from a typical Walmart supercenter). Overall, I found the hotel to be convenient, good place to stay for a solo business traveler or a couple.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at Sofiel Paris La Defense with my family of 5 for 7 nights during our trip to Paris (June17th-June24th). We booked two classic rooms via lastminute.com and I asked for two connecting rooms but the hotel was fully booked during our stay so we got two rooms at the same floor (7th floor). The hotel was clean, modern and we were provided with water, coffee, milk and new toilteries every day. The bed is the most comfortable bed I ever slept in! Once you lay on it you just don't want to get up!
It is a business hotel located in the business area of Paris (La Defense), but it worked for us as tourists triyng to expolore the City of Light. The hotel is really quite unlike other hotels located near the main tourists' attractions. There's a metro station near the hotel (3-5 mins walk) named Esplande La Defense which takes you directly to the main attractions including Champs-Elysees, The Louvre Museum and lots more using line 1 within 10-15 mins only (It is useful to take the metro lines map from the airport, you can ask for help to know which metro line you take from the information desk in every metro station and Sofitel helped us too with this!).
There's a huge mall near the hotel (7-10mins walk) called 4 Seasons Mall, where you can eat or shop. There's a large hypermarket in the mall too.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Sofitel. The staff were extremely helpful and cheerful (Marie was my favourite, she is kind and makes really good jokes). It definetly met our expectations and there was no doubt it wouldn't. I mean this is Sofitel. The name itself is enough to tell you the rest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Zainab F,

I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Sofitel Paris la Défense!

As you mentioned, you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.

I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my team and especialy to Marie at the front desk, and i really hope that you will come back to Paris and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had an almost perfect stay at this hotel. First of all I was so impressed by the kindness of and friendliness of the young women at the reception desk (Charlotte?). I wish I didn't forget her name because Accor should send her to all its hotel as a perfect example of a reception staff member.

We had a nice, big room with a very comfortable bathroom. Of course the bed, as usual, was perfect. There was even a yoga mate in the room. The cocktails at the bar/room service weren't perfect and a bit pricey. Thanks God we got welcome drinks. The club sandwiches we ordered were tasty.

As I said the stay was almost perfect. Unfortunately the cleaning ladies were not so very up to usual Sofitel standards. For example they didn't clean up the cocktail glasses for two day. The second day we put the even together in front of the TV. Still nothing. The room and the bathroom were a little dusty. I don't know if it was because they didn't clean it well, or there is so much dust in the air. Also the house keeper kept forgetting the double of amenities for us. We had one bottle of water, one chocolate on the pillow...

The other thing is that during the weekend or public holiday you have to pay extra for eggs Benedict. Honestly, a 5* hotel should offer own guests eggs Benedict (or any other freshly made eggs) included in the already pricey breakfast. Anyhow, the breakfast was tasty and all the waitresses so very attentive and friendly.

Even if the hotel is a little bit far away from most tourist attractions I definitely recommend this hotel (the metro station is just in front of the hotel). I am even coming back to there in two weeks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SOFITELDEFENSE, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Vielen Dank !

As you mentioned, you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.

I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my team and hope for the chance to welcom you personnaly next time!