“3 night Hilton Reward Stay in Paris”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Fontain Hill, AZ, United States
“3 night Hilton Reward Stay in Paris”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very comfortable upscale hotel in the Defense area of Paris. Metro was extremely convenient - without changing lines it was a 15-20 min. ride to the heart of Paris. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Belinda C
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Belinda C,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay in our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay while you were with us. It is a pleasure for all of the team and I to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. We enjoyed our stay and were treated very nice by everyone. Only complaint i have is the location. This hotel is actully in a mall. The room windows actually look out to the mall. While that isnt a problem, we did find it inconvient when the mall closes at 8:30 and to get from the metro to the main door you have to walk around the building. Fortunately it wasnt cold nor raining but it really is an inconvience. The metro makes this hotel close to the city as it ks only af ew stops away from the tower and all sites. Next time I will try to stay in town.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Colorado_719,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the team and management.

We look forward to welcoming you back here!

Yours sincerely,

The World
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great hotel to stay to work in Paris. The bathroom has a bathtub with an amazing buble system (not hydro) and a lighning system that relaxes you to the max. Service is impecable food very good. Nevertheless this hotel is far from the movement of Paris and you will have to take a cab or metro to get to Museums, Tower and main attractions. Shopping is not a problem since the Hotel is inside of a shooping mall (Cnit). If you are coming on a vacation this is not a good hotel for you since being a business district after 1800 hrs is a ghost town and is far.

Room Tip: Take a relaxation suite with the bubble system in the bath. You'll be amazed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Fernando-Del-Busto,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All of our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

New York, New York
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Hilton La Defense is about a 15 minute/30 Euro taxi ride from the Paris city center or, if you can navigate the metro here, a few stops away (the metro is adjacent to the hotel property in the mall).

The area where this hotel is located appears to be very business-oriented though there is a large mall to which the hotel is attached and a few restaurants outside. At night - quite a few people hang out around the metro entrances/exits and those areas are strewn with litter so keep that in mind if you're contemplating this area, especially if you're looking to return late. I was told that crime is a bit higher here than in other parts of the Paris metro area though I did not see or encounter anything myself.

Check in was very quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and helped me with an issue I had with the taxi. The taxi could not get a signal from his credit card reader and so I couldn't use my card to pay for the ride from the airport. The hotel eased the situation by providing me with the necessary Euros and charged the amount to my room - a great assistance since it was very early and I hadn't had a chance to get that much in cash just yet.

I was upgraded to a work suite - a long desk ran behind the bed. While nice in concept I don't know how many people really work in their rooms for long period of times and wonder if the space would be better used for living space instead. A king-sized bed covered in crisp white linens was quite comfortable. An averaged-sized flat screen was placed in the corner and a few English language channels were offered. Power outlets were a bit difficult to find - I use my phone as my alarm clock, and am used to finding outlets next to the bed in the wall or in the lamps. I had to string my power cord from the desk area and leave my phone hanging over my shoulder. A side chair completed the smallish bed area.

The room itself appeared to be decorated fairly recently as did the bathroom though they stopped with the tile. White tile, cracked in many places, took away from the vessel sink and large mirrors. Worse yet, there was mildew in the shower area. Bummer, this was a nice room otherwise. Oh, apart from the view, or lack of it really. The hotel rooms facing the large, expansive "courtyard" that makes up the La Defense commercial area, is covered with a screen that contains an advertisement of some sort. So your window looks at the rear of this ad screen, which obscures natural light and any view really. The AC was working well, a thankful option since I was visiting during a heat wave in Paris where every other place or facility was struggling with the heat.

HHonors members don't have a lounge to use and breakfast (complimentary for certain HHonors members) is at the restaurant. The buffet breakfast is very well stocked and an excellent substitute for the lounge.

Overall, apart from the mildew in the bathroom, I was happy with this hotel. It is a nice option if you want a less-expensive (and larger) alternative to rooms in the heart of Paris. You will have to commute a bit to get there but you may very well find that it is worth the savings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BlueSpinnaker
Dear BlueSpinnaker

I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback following your stay with us in August.

I am pleased to observe your satisfaction with our team and service. However, I have also well noted your comment regarding the condition of your bathroom and would like to sincerely apologise for that. Rest assured that this has already been discussed with our Chief Engineer in order for him to take appropriate actions.

BlueSpinnaker, I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for a future stay in Paris.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We knew this hotel was in the La Defense business district and not convinient to the sights of Paris, but chose it because we had Hilton points to use up. It is typical Hilton business-style hotel. On the plus side it was clean (except for some mold in the shower and the otherwise yellowing bathroom grout), quiet (unless the bar filled up with meeting attenders), and with good service (unless the desk personal turn out to be clueless, and at least one was). The AC was adequate for American tastes. The hotel is part of an indoor mall, which sits on top of a Metro/RER Station. Also on the plus side, the express RER A train is less than a 15 minute ride to the Chatelet/Les Halles station near the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame, Louvre, etc. The hotel needs a bit of a facelift. Our bed squeaked whenever we moved, although the matress was comfortable. The toilet paper bar was broken and the furniture had multiple nicks and worn areas. I already mentioned the bathroom mold. Seriously? The restaurant/bar staff worked very hard to please, but the food was mediocre at best. The mall had mostly fast food. The biggest downside is that when the mall is closed (between 9 PM and 7 AM), you need to go outside for an extra ten minute walk to the Metro/RER. Ten minutes might not sound like much, but the route is so poorly marked that unless you successfully manuever once, you are likely to wander around in trial and error for 30 or more minutes. Bottom line: this hotel is OK, but there are better choices, especially for location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bloodman33
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Bloodman33,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All guest feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

I have well noted your feedback regarding your bathroom condition and would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured that our Housekeeping team will be more attentive on this matter in order to avoid a similar situation.

Despite your overall disappointment, I hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this Hilton in La Defense area outside the main part of Paris. We booked a standard room which was just under $500.00 a night. This is a business district. If you are going to Paris for a vacation or leisure, this is not the location to stay. Our room overlooked the atrium of the hotel. The room was very nice and quite large by American and European standards. The bathroom was also a nice size. The room needed an extra chair and table which it could more than easily accommodate. But the biggest problem with the room was the lack of adequate lighting. It was very dim by any standard even with all the lights on. Another problem was because this is in a business district many of the restaurants, including restaurants at the hotel, closed after lunch. The CNIT center in which the hotel is located is closed at night. It was dead.
You can walk across the plaza and go into the huge shopping mall which we did. And it is a great mall.
The Grande Arch and thumb sculpture are both pretty ugly. The Parisians are lucky they didn't put them closer into the heart of Paris. The nicest thing about the Grande Arch was the straight line of sight to the Arc de Triompe. You also get a straight line of sight of the Grande Arch from the Arc de Triompe. If you really want to see the Grande Arch, take the Metro and look around; don't waste your time or money staying there.
While the room was nice, there was nothing special about it. It needed another chair, a table and much better lighting.
I cannot recommend this Hilton because of the location and price. It was simply not worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ellen M,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Thank you for your truly valuable comments.

United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

HVAC did not work properly, had to change the room twice in one night. The third room HVAC worked, but there was not hot water in the morning and had take shower with cold water. Location is excellent in Ladefence business district, close to shopping mall

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mehdi T,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor’s website. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel and would like to apologise for the various issues you faced.

To my regret, I confirm that we encountered an unexpected issue with the hotel hot water network. As soon as we were informed, we immediately contacted the CNIT maintenance team that looks after our water network in order to take immediate actions. I remain however in close contact with the CNIT Director to ensure this situation does not re-occur.

With regard to the air conditioning, your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

Mehdi T, I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#6 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!