“Helpful front desk - decent shopping on a Saturday”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We found the front desk very helpful, and enjoyed the proximity to the RER/Metro station. It was convenient getting to the hotel from the RER. From the station, we went upstairs to the shopping area, went past the McDonalds to the cnit exit, walked to the other shopping area, and then found the Hilton through a hallway on the top level of the other shopping area.

We knew going to the hotel that it was going to be on the outskirts of town, and coming in on a Saturday night, that the area might not have anything open. Fortunately we got a good rate through a flash sale, and this allowed us to put an additional stay on our HHonors account towards getting gold status.

It was interesting to see the business area on a weekend, and enjoy some shopping at les quatre temps shopping mall across the square. I wish though that Hilton had a hotel closer to downtown.

Room Tip: We paid to upgrade to a relaxation room at the last minute. Considering the price we were offered f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony A
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Tony A,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed staying with us especially thanks to our front desk team members.

Rest assured that your nice comments have already been passed on to everybody and please accept my sincere thanks on their behalf.

Tony A, we look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very claustrophobic as hotel is within a building so has no external windows. Air Conditioning system did not work in my room but a fan was supplied but this did not help. €280 was very high for the hotel and the service provided.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brian C,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have taken in consideration your comments.
I assure you that we took every possible measure to ensure that these types of experiences do not happen again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This place is crazy. They charge you 12 euro for one beer. They love to charge between 380 and 480 euro a night. I have rented a two bedroom apartment for 380 euro a night one metro stop up. Service completely depends on who is at the front desk. Hilton should be ashamed. I tracked the world. I am a diamond member and basically live in a Hilton hotel. This is a joke even for France. Anyone reading......I come to France for two weeks about every other month. I keep coming back because of status but this is the end.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Paulsmi,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and would be grateful if you could contact me at your convenience so that I can investigate further the reasons of your disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel.. It's not set up to cater for Children..

They have an office party night on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. I have to say I was less than impressed having paid £300 for our room. No room at the bar.. They did serve the bar menus in the restaurant but to be honest the food wasn't great.. We ordered Steak and both were over cooked.. I like mine Rare and it came well to medium.. The waiting staff in the restaurant weren't the most attentive even though there were only 3 other table in..

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Chrissi F,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our hotel despite your dissatisfaction with our restaurant at dinner. Following investigation with my team, I understand that our waitress asked the kitchen team to cook again the meat in order to make it to your taste. I understand also that you met our Food and Beverage Manager after the dinner who decided to offer you the dishes. However, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this experience may have caused.

Chrissi F, all of the team looks forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very comfortable upscale hotel in the Defense area of Paris. Metro was extremely convenient - without changing lines it was a 15-20 min. ride to the heart of Paris. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Belinda C

Dear Belinda C,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay in our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay while you were with us. It is a pleasure for all of the team and I to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. We enjoyed our stay and were treated very nice by everyone. Only complaint i have is the location. This hotel is actully in a mall. The room windows actually look out to the mall. While that isnt a problem, we did find it inconvient when the mall closes at 8:30 and to get from the metro to the main door you have to walk around the building. Fortunately it wasnt cold nor raining but it really is an inconvience. The metro makes this hotel close to the city as it ks only af ew stops away from the tower and all sites. Next time I will try to stay in town.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Colorado_719,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the team and management.

We look forward to welcoming you back here!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great hotel to stay to work in Paris. The bathroom has a bathtub with an amazing buble system (not hydro) and a lighning system that relaxes you to the max. Service is impecable food very good. Nevertheless this hotel is far from the movement of Paris and you will have to take a cab or metro to get to Museums, Tower and main attractions. Shopping is not a problem since the Hotel is inside of a shooping mall (Cnit). If you are coming on a vacation this is not a good hotel for you since being a business district after 1800 hrs is a ghost town and is far.

Room Tip: Take a relaxation suite with the bubble system in the bath. You'll be amazed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Fernando-Del-Busto,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All of our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Hilton Paris Opera
Hilton Paris Opera
#309 of 1,803 in Paris
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!