“Hilton, La Defense, Paris” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Paris La Defense

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Paris, France
“Hilton, La Defense, Paris”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very claustrophobic as hotel is within a building so has no external windows. Air Conditioning system did not work in my room but a fan was supplied but this did not help. €280 was very high for the hotel and the service provided.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Brian C,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.
We greatly value our guests’ opinions and we have taken in consideration your comments.
I assure you that we took every possible measure to ensure that these types of experiences do not happen again.

gerald.vanreck@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This place is crazy. They charge you 12 euro for one beer. They love to charge between 380 and 480 euro a night. I have rented a two bedroom apartment for 380 euro a night one metro stop up. Service completely depends on who is at the front desk. Hilton should be ashamed. I tracked the world. I am a diamond member and basically live in a Hilton hotel. This is a joke even for France. Anyone reading......I come to France for two weeks about every other month. I keep coming back because of status but this is the end.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Paulsmi,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and would be grateful if you could contact me at your convenience so that I can investigate further the reasons of your disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel.. It's not set up to cater for Children..

They have an office party night on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. I have to say I was less than impressed having paid £300 for our room. No room at the bar.. They did serve the bar menus in the restaurant but to be honest the food wasn't great.. We ordered Steak and both were over cooked.. I like mine Rare and it came well to medium.. The waiting staff in the restaurant weren't the most attentive even though there were only 3 other table in..

Stayed October 2013
Dear Chrissi F,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our hotel despite your dissatisfaction with our restaurant at dinner. Following investigation with my team, I understand that our waitress asked the kitchen team to cook again the meat in order to make it to your taste. I understand also that you met our Food and Beverage Manager after the dinner who decided to offer you the dishes. However, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this experience may have caused.

Chrissi F, all of the team looks forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Fontain Hill, AZ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very comfortable upscale hotel in the Defense area of Paris. Metro was extremely convenient - without changing lines it was a 15-20 min. ride to the heart of Paris. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Belinda C
Dear Belinda C,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay in our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay while you were with us. It is a pleasure for all of the team and I to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. We enjoyed our stay and were treated very nice by everyone. Only complaint i have is the location. This hotel is actully in a mall. The room windows actually look out to the mall. While that isnt a problem, we did find it inconvient when the mall closes at 8:30 and to get from the metro to the main door you have to walk around the building. Fortunately it wasnt cold nor raining but it really is an inconvience. The metro makes this hotel close to the city as it ks only af ew stops away from the tower and all sites. Next time I will try to stay in town.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Colorado_719,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to both the team and management.

We look forward to welcoming you back here!

Yours sincerely,

The World
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great hotel to stay to work in Paris. The bathroom has a bathtub with an amazing buble system (not hydro) and a lighning system that relaxes you to the max. Service is impecable food very good. Nevertheless this hotel is far from the movement of Paris and you will have to take a cab or metro to get to Museums, Tower and main attractions. Shopping is not a problem since the Hotel is inside of a shooping mall (Cnit). If you are coming on a vacation this is not a good hotel for you since being a business district after 1800 hrs is a ghost town and is far.

Room Tip: Take a relaxation suite with the bubble system in the bath. You'll be amazed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Fernando-Del-Busto,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments following your recent visit to our hotel. All of our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate your participation.

New York, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Hilton La Defense is about a 15 minute/30 Euro taxi ride from the Paris city center or, if you can navigate the metro here, a few stops away (the metro is adjacent to the hotel property in the mall).

The area where this hotel is located appears to be very business-oriented though there is a large mall to which the hotel is attached and a few restaurants outside. At night - quite a few people hang out around the metro entrances/exits and those areas are strewn with litter so keep that in mind if you're contemplating this area, especially if you're looking to return late. I was told that crime is a bit higher here than in other parts of the Paris metro area though I did not see or encounter anything myself.

Check in was very quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and helped me with an issue I had with the taxi. The taxi could not get a signal from his credit card reader and so I couldn't use my card to pay for the ride from the airport. The hotel eased the situation by providing me with the necessary Euros and charged the amount to my room - a great assistance since it was very early and I hadn't had a chance to get that much in cash just yet.

I was upgraded to a work suite - a long desk ran behind the bed. While nice in concept I don't know how many people really work in their rooms for long period of times and wonder if the space would be better used for living space instead. A king-sized bed covered in crisp white linens was quite comfortable. An averaged-sized flat screen was placed in the corner and a few English language channels were offered. Power outlets were a bit difficult to find - I use my phone as my alarm clock, and am used to finding outlets next to the bed in the wall or in the lamps. I had to string my power cord from the desk area and leave my phone hanging over my shoulder. A side chair completed the smallish bed area.

The room itself appeared to be decorated fairly recently as did the bathroom though they stopped with the tile. White tile, cracked in many places, took away from the vessel sink and large mirrors. Worse yet, there was mildew in the shower area. Bummer, this was a nice room otherwise. Oh, apart from the view, or lack of it really. The hotel rooms facing the large, expansive "courtyard" that makes up the La Defense commercial area, is covered with a screen that contains an advertisement of some sort. So your window looks at the rear of this ad screen, which obscures natural light and any view really. The AC was working well, a thankful option since I was visiting during a heat wave in Paris where every other place or facility was struggling with the heat.

HHonors members don't have a lounge to use and breakfast (complimentary for certain HHonors members) is at the restaurant. The buffet breakfast is very well stocked and an excellent substitute for the lounge.

Overall, apart from the mildew in the bathroom, I was happy with this hotel. It is a nice option if you want a less-expensive (and larger) alternative to rooms in the heart of Paris. You will have to commute a bit to get there but you may very well find that it is worth the savings.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BlueSpinnaker
Dear BlueSpinnaker

I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback following your stay with us in August.

I am pleased to observe your satisfaction with our team and service. However, I have also well noted your comment regarding the condition of your bathroom and would like to sincerely apologise for that. Rest assured that this has already been discussed with our Chief Engineer in order for him to take appropriate actions.

BlueSpinnaker, I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for a future stay in Paris.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Novotel Paris La Defense
Novotel Paris La Defense
#7 of 41 in La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!