Hilton Paris La Defense
US$179
US$137
Melia.com
1,771 results
All reviewsrelaxation roomshopping malldiamond membercnit buildingbusiness districtmetro stationgrand archbusiness tripgrande archetourist attractionscdg airportquatre tempsmodern hoteltaxi driverchamps elyseescroissantsparis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spent two nights here as part of a Trafalgar tour group. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable with a view overlooking the mall. Our luggage was accidentally brought to the wrong room and after we went down to the lobby to let them know we did not get our luggage, the hotel staff promptly went about resolving this situation for us. The beds were comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. The location is far from the city center but the Metro was convenient. The breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear groovywilma,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Trip Advisor’s website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel facility, service as well as the team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the error made with your luggage. I understand however that this issue was solved in a timely manner.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is nice and modern. The Hotel is part of the CNIT mall. The mall closes its doors around 9 pm so you have to use the front entrance which is on the side facing the Grande Arch, basically around the corder of the CNIT main entrance facing the promenade. If you were at the top of the stairs of the base of the Arch you would be looking to your left to see the main entrance. The hotel is located outside of the traditional 20 arrondisements of Paris but the metro line 1 terminus is here which makes a trip into the city only a one ticket fare of 1.70 Euros if you buy only one ticket.

Lobby is neat and modern but not your traditional hotel. Not too many sofas or meeting areas.
Staff. I conversed with the staff in French. I felt that they were nice and friendly, not your typical French hotel experience. But that might have been due to me using my French.

Room was your typically American size. I had the king relaxation room. It had a nice bed, desk and work area. The cabinets were neatly designed and made use of the space very well. Bathroom was also nice and adequate. I had a Jacuzzi tub and a shower which is a luxury in Paris.

Breakfast was your basic fare. Pretty close to the American breakfasts buffets. Some items were unusual (oatmeal was more a British porridge) and some items were better (croissants and pain de chocolat are at French standards much better than the US). I cannot comment on the pricing as it was complimentary for HHonors gold.

Pool does not exist.

Workout facilities were in a pretty small room. If crowded I can see there being a wait. But the promenade in front of the CNIT mall is really nice (although at night I do not recommend wandering around too much past midnight, as locals have told me la Defense is not safe at night) and you can go down to then end and it’s about 1 km to the end of the Promenade (you have a few of the Arch de Triomphe in the distance).
I did not order room service but when I asked for ice (there is no machine) they brought me a huge bucket full of ice and the staff member told me I’ll be there in 2 minutes and he really did show up that quick!

Hilton HHonors Executive room does not exist as well.

Stayed there one night on a Sunday in November 2013. Will be using this hotel again in December for a few days. While it is on the pricey side you can pre-pay and get a better deal price wise.

Room Tip: There is a way to change the audio on the TV's. I don't remember the button on the remote but this was one of the few Paris hotels I've stayed at where I was able to get English programming on shows that are originally in English on channels like TF1 and such.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank QUETraveler0417

Dear QUETraveler0417,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed on a Sunday night due to early morning business meeting in La Defense Monday morning. Good hotel - great room - though must confess to being influenced by the small bottle of wine in an ice bucket which was left in my room. Modern, fresh feel to the rooms. Decent breakfast - always impressed with hotels that serve porridge!
My only gripe was that the directions to the hotel said to take the CNIT exit within La Defense station. As I arrived late at night, the CNIT was closed and I spent considerable time trying to find the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear EnglishmanSurrey,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments following your stay in our property.

Your observations and opinions are of a great value, as they enable us to know if we are meeting guests’ needs and expectations.

Following your comment regarding the access of our hotel at night from the train station, rest assured that your feedback has well been taken into account.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Paris La Défense.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this hotel for a two night weekend break in Paris on 20th September 2013. We were looking for a relatively cheap weekend and strangely enough Paris turned out to be one of the better options. We flew from Dublin to Paris Beauvais with Ryanair as was €70 pp cheaper than flying to CDG. For anyone considering this as an option there is an extremely efficient shuttle bus in operation from the airport at Beauvais to the Porte Maillot Metro station car park.

The hotel is located in La Defense which is the business area of Paris. Many people have complained about the location but we liked it. I would not consider the area buzzing or typically Parisian but it does offer some advantages. La Defense has two enormous shopping centres CNIT (attached to the hotel) and Le Quatre Temps and several restaurants. On the Friday night that we were there, there was a large lazer and fireworks display at the grande arche which was excellent. It is right on the Metro and RER train lines. 1 stop on the RER and 5 on the Metro get you to the centre of Paris in no more than 10 minutes. All of the tourist attractions in Paris are very spread out so walking and train-hopping will be required anyway. The La Defense Underground station is quite large and has numerous exits and walkways to different parts of La Defense so it can be quite confusing and easy to get lost. To get to the hotel we found that the easiest way was to exit the station at Exit A for the signs Grande Arche de la Defense. When you get outside then you will see the Arch in front of you. If you then turn right towards the signs for Taxi you will see a large thumb sculpture and the entrance to the hotel is just to the left of this at the taxi rank.

We stayed in room 219 which is a King Hilton Guest Room per the Hilton website. The room was large. It had all of the amenities expected including a proper hairdryer and not the usual bathroom wall attachment you would expect and also a safe and ironing facilities. One thing to note is that the TV had no English speaking channels other than news channels. There were in-room movies available at a cost of €12 per movie.

The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well both nights and did not hear any noise from other rooms or from the corridor.The room was large and spotlessly clean. The room was cleaned very well and the bed sheets and towels, etc were all replaced.

All of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. In particular the man who checked us out was very friendly, cannot remember his name but he was very tall. I will note that the housekeeping staff did not knock on our door in spite of the do not disturb sign being on display. Also, the tea/coffee tray was not replenished by the housekeeping staff and being big tea drinkers we had to request that we got more tea bags. These were provided by the room service staff in a matter of minutes.

The room rate we paid was €127 per room per night. I am Hilton Honours member and we booked the hotel as part of their great getaway special. You really do get the best deals on Hilton’s website. Considering what we paid we found this hotel to be great value for money especially when compared to some of the other hotels near the Eiffel tower which appear to have very cramped mediocre rooms.

Overall, I would return to this hotel if I got the same rate again and I would recommend it to anybody looking for accommodation that is quiet and affordable with easy access to Paris commuter lines.

Room Tip: The basic King Guest Rooms are large, comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Irishtrekker3105,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel.
We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and it appears that on this occasion we succeeded to meet your expectations.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had an awesome trip,our first trip to Europe. We stayed 4 days in Barcelona at the Barcelona Hilton and then 6 days in Paris and a 12 night Cruise in between. The Hilton Hotels were great and both had a helpful,freindly staff. Highly recommend Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ellen T,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our sister hotel in Barcelona.
This is particularly important for us as this was a very special occasion for you with your first venue in Europe.

My team and I are very pleased to have participated to your good memories.