“too much money for the quality”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed 19 January 2014

In case you have an event in de CNIT I understand that this location can be handy. The car park was hard to find. The airco in the room did work after we complained (the fuse was broken). Breakfast was expensive but of reasonable quality. The night-receptionist spoke 'broken' english. Because we had to visit a customer very nearby the CNIT it was wise decision to stay in this aria and we booked the last 2 rooms in the Hilton. The location of this hotel is very good and next to the statue of La Defense (prove of the greatness of Mitterrand...).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Floris H,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I am sorry to read your disappointment and would like to apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your visit.
For a future stay, kindly note that the precise GPS address of the CNIT car parking entrance is mentioned on your confirmation of reservation.
With regard to the air conditioning, we are currently working on improving our room system.

Floris H , despite the above, all of the team look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Paris La Defense

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Room was unbearably cold and was never fixed. Bar ceasar salad with rancid shrimp was worst I have ever had. Internet and 'free breakfast' were not included as per reservation. Then the fire alarm went off and I was not informed that it was a test. This place is a disaster.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Dear David K,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay at the hotel.

We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.
We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel while on our honeymoon in Sept 2012. My husband always stays at Hilton's, so we booked it on reward points. We were originally booked at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe, but it switched operators between the time we booked & our travel date. The La Defense hotel was nice, but seemed like it would be better for business travelers. It was VERY convenient to get on the Metro for all of our sight-seeing (you don't even have to go outside). The hotel staff was great, and since it was our honeymoon, had a bottle of bubbly and dessert ready for us when we got to our room! There is an attached mall & restaurants, too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S

Dear JLS1020,

I want to thank you for your feedback following your visit. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our hotel despite the fact this was not your first choice. Indeed as you mention, our property is located in the business area of Paris but this location offers lots of advantages to leisure guests.

I understand that you appreciated our team and the way they took care of you during this special visit to Paris and I hope that this stay has left you a wonderful and memorable souvenir.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The La Defense in Paris France was a wonderful place to stay....close to the metro. The hotel staff went well above my expectations. They were all friendly and willing to help you with planning out your time and what was good to do and how to go about doing it...They were fast, friendly and always asking what more they could do...big thumbs up for the hotel...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelly H,

Thank you so much for your nice comments following your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you felt well taken care of by our team and that our service met your expectations.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for a future stay in Paris.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in January. I end up staying here regularly due to work commitments and I have waited until now to write a review. Having stayed in various Hilton hotels I have my own idea of what they should be like. This one is convenient for anybody working or visiting La Defense area for work etc. It is also not far to get into the city by Metro. Staff are helpful and the hotel is clean although could do with a little updating in the rooms. Bar is pretty sterile for atmosphere and the restaurant is also without much soul. The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to my work. It is really a business hotel, not for families in my opinion. I just cannot get excited about this hotel and what it has to offer which is a disappointment in a way. I'll stay here again but only because it is convenient.

Room Tip: The gym, if you use it, has one bike, 2 cross trainers, a bench and a few free weights with a cross...
1  Thank BillybobIreland

Dear BillybobIreland,

Thank you for your comments following your regular stays in our hotel. I am pleased to read that you find to your convenience while you are in La Défense district.

However, I note with regret your disappointment with the overall facility. Following your remark regarding the room, please note that they were all refurbished in 2012. Further to your feedback regarding our bar and restaurant, I am sorry to learn about your bad impression.

Despite your overall feeling, I do thank you to choose and come back to our hotel each time you visit Paris.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Always stay at a hiton if I can, with status I get the wifi, etc. This was a great location - was there with a first timer out of the states, so this was perfect. Easy walking to all the tourist attractions and the metro stop. Loved that we could see the tower on our walk back in the evenings.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear katderm,

It is very pleasing to see that your impression of our hotel was good particularly as this was your first stay in France.

I trust that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here during in 2013 to welcome the New year 2014. The hotel is situated in a mall so very convenient for Food and some shopping. The shopping mall is also connected to the Metro so you dont have to go out to take it. Really convenient. The front desk are also very knowledgeable regarding directions and best way to get to tourist spots and airport. The room is decent, clean and spacious.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear CelinaKyle,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments following your recent visit.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that the team met your expectations making your stay memorable for the New Year.

CelinaKyle, we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris La Défense very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Melia Paris La Defense
#1 of 16 in Courbevoie
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!