“It was a very good experience!”

Hilton Paris La Defense
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in a nice beautiful very clean room. The bathroom was huge full of special products such as shampoos, gels for the shower, special anti-cellulite soap and some other trial products. Each time the maidens cleaned the room they put more products. In other hotels you need as a rule to force it. The lounge was wonderful. Excellent breakfast, afternoon tea, tasty deserts, good evening supply of spirits and tasty snacks. Our room was looking at the Park. I stayed with my son who was 4 years old. They cared about special breakfast for him and even bed, but I refused the bed. He is a big boy. ))) The staff was friendly and helpful, manager was helpful. In general the hotel seemed to me a welcoming and nice one. By the way, internet worked quite well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Ella108,

Thank you for your nice comments following your visit.
I am delighted to read that you and your son had a fantastic stay and that you found the team and service to your convenience. Indeed it is a pleasure for me and the team to see that we made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Ella108, the whole team looks forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Paris La Defense very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Paris La Defense

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was at the bar there last week. My husband has to work close to La Défense and we rented an appartament in this area. It is the only reason we stayed here, because it is the opposite of "being in Paris" one can ever imagine...But returning to the Bar at Hilton's Hotel: me and my husband expected to have a happy hour withouth children at an american bar, with nice drinks, modern design etc. We were terribly mistaken. While we had our first sips, we got the company of a non-invited guest:a white mouse. We kept ourselves calm and alerted the bartender, but he did nothing. After 30 min. we saw other two mouses. One of them got inside the bar/kitchen and the other one wanted to have a drink with me. The bartenders did nothing. We immediatly stop eating our nuts and decided to leave before the grandpa and the other big guys decided to come as well. I will never go back to that mouse trap and I hope never to come back to this area in Paris, as I am going to stay here for some years. It is expensive, ugly, full of immigrants and with terrible food an no places to go out at night. At Sundays, it is a cemetery, nothing opens and you can only see this strange people wearing long black dresses, and veils like goths. Run away from here while you can!

Room Tip: Never stay at La Défense area. Even if you work here, choose another place in Paris and come by metr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MarciaCL
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear MarciaCL,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our Hotel.

It is with great concern that I read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction, for which I sincerely apologise. Indeed, I have observed your comments regarding your experience in our bar. Rest assured that we take this situation very seriously and that necessary actions are taken. As a matter of fact, the Sanitary Services are fully involved and following a recent inspection, no hygiene issue was shown in our bar.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Despite the fact it is not in the Historic district, it is very easy to get around by subway, which has a station a steo down from the hotel. We have stayed at this hotel many times and a few years ago used to be easy to get a room specially on weekendswith excellent rates. It used to be more for business travellers than tourists. But I guess tourists also found this hotel to be a good place to stay in Paris. The advantage that it is newer than the old hotels in Paris and it is a Hilton. So you know what to expect. Usually wifi is not included which is a shame.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear STAF1401,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty!

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

The whole team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

So, where to begin? I suppose I'll begin with what we liked with this hotel, so that travelers know some of the benefits. But read on due details of our experience as a warning.

The good...
1) we liked the location - indoor access to the Metro and RER station makes for easy transportation to/from the hotel. Plus, there are several dining locations available at the mall across the large courtyard area.
2) quiet - because of the location and unique construction, we found the hotel to be very quiet.
3) rooms were nice with the usual Hilton amenities... Try to get an outside bird on the 4th floor.
4) bar service was good... The bartender (Jean-Pierre) is the only staff member that I would really call out as exceptional.

The not so good...
1) I was not thanked for being a Diamond member (EVER)... And this was especially disappointing after a stay we had at the former Hilton near the Arc de Triomph (no longer a Hilton) just a few years ago where the manager and concierge came out to recognize us and welcome us personally.
2) Hilton's children stay free policy apparently doesn't apply here (despite the fact that you can link to it directly from the hotel's site). This cost is an additional $500 to get the kids their own room connected to ours... I had to argue for the 50% rate for the connecting room (also part of the Hilton policy), and even once I got that rate, the front desk staff made it clear that we were doing us a "favor" for our situation. And because of all this, our check-in took almost 45 minutes even though we were first in line.
3) the in-room video on demand service never worked, despite 3 phone calls (separate days) to the front desk. In fact, when we were finally able to get a technician
up to our room, he made it clear that no one had ever alerted him to our request.
4) wifi connection was horrible... Very spotty and slow... Surprising for a hotel located in the business district.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Amjar1,

I would like to thank you for your feedback following your visit to your hotel.

I have well noted that you especially appreciated our hotel location and the easy way to go downtown.

Further to your comment regarding your Hhonors status, I am sorry that you did not feel recognized as one of our valuable guests. Rest assured that I have already shared this with our Front of House Manager in order to take corrective actions with the team.

With regard to the unfortunate issue you faced with our pay-tv service and the way your request was handled, indeed this is not acceptable and I wish to apologise for that.

Following your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi service in room, we just upgraded our internet connection and I am surprised to read your dissatisfaction. This topic will be discussed with our IT Manager in order to improve this service to our guests.

I hope that despite the above, you will not be deterred from returning to our hotel as we would very much like to welcome you and your family back to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

As always, this Hilton facility more than met our standards. Located in the business district of Paris, it offers convenient access to shopping, as well as the famous sites for which Paris is so famous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lac T,

I want to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. We thrive on our guests' satisfaction and your comments are a great encouragement to the Team here at the Hilton Paris La Defense!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you next require accommodation in town.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at Hilton Paris La Defense this past August for three nights, two kids and two adults. Staff was very helpful specially the concierge who helped us with metro tips, where to get tickets, stations to get off close to tourist places, etc. This was our first visit to Paris. This hotel is a little different as it is inside the CNIT building therefore our transfer diver had some difficulty finding the correct street to access the hotel. Hilton's web address is not complete, these are the instructions that I got from the hotel's "concierge in your pocket" in my room:

By Car:
Once on the Boulevard Circulaire, follow exit parking CNIT (P CNIT). Our hotel does not owe a car parking facility. However, you can park in the CNIT public car park facility under our hotel by following the address:
1 avenue de la Division Leclerc
92800 Puteaux.
Once in the car park, please follow the signs that will bring you to our lobby.

By public transportation:
We are reacheble by line 1 of the subway and line A of the RER at La Defense Arche station.
The direct access from the subway station to our hotel is opened from 7am to 9pm
After 9pm please take the exit A Grande Arche and follow signs for the taxi station which is in front of our hotel main entrance.

The direct access to subway is very, very convenient, and with two kids, we usually were back at the hotel at 9pm.

Hope this helps to future travelers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ricardo R
HotelManager92, General Manager at Hilton Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Ricardo R,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us.

I am very sorry to read that you had some difficulties in finding our hotel by car. Kindly note that we are currently working on improving the hotel signage on the La Defense district.
Regarding directions indicated on our website, rest assured that your feedback is well taken into account for future improvements.

Ricardo R, all of the team looks forward to welcoming you and your family back for a next visit to Paris.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very clean, quiet and nice hotel, excellent hotel for meetings in the region of La Defense. Friendly helpful staff, hotel to recommend for business stays. Excellent shopping in the direct neighbourhoods.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rumau,

Thank you for your having taken the time to share your feedback on our hotel following your most recent visit.

It has been a pleasure for me to read your positive comments. Indeed, I understand that you enjoyed our location and facility and that you felt well taken care of by our team throughout your stay.

Thank you for your trust and for recommending our hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Defense
Melia Paris La Defense
#1 of 16 in Courbevoie
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Fraser Suites Harmonie Paris La Defense

Been to Hilton Paris La Defense? Share your experiences!