Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbusiness districtthe executive loungemetro stationnice hotelbusiness tripcorner roomgrand archbed was very comfortablerooms are largeshopping malltaxi ridegrande archean upgradelarge mallquatre tempschamps elyseescroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Unless you're on a business trip at La Defense, there is no reason staying at this part of Paris. And even if you've no choice but to stay at La Defense, Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense should not be on your short-list. On the exterior, it looks like a slick, modern hotel but looks truly deceive.

The rooms were in need of some refurbishment and ours face a construction site. Front counter staff were cold and aloof. Breakfast was horrible with foul-smelling scrambled eggs (that I would not even dream of putting into my mouth for fear of food-poisoning!) and hard rolls, all these served in a character-less function room.

The gym appears to be well-equipped but the treadmills did not function quite properly. When running, one has to face a blank wall with one's back facing the rest of the gym, making one feel very vulnerable. To top it off, not only is free wifi available only at the lobby and 2nd level, I couldn't even get a connection at either place even after seeking help from front-counter staff. After wasting half an hour trying to, I finally gave up. It is unimaginable that a hotel of this category does not offer fast speed free wifi in all rooms. Even smaller hotels now offer free wifi in all rooms. What's more, this is supposedly a business hotel located at the commercial part of Paris so it is ridiculous that the hotel expects people to congregate at the lobby to log in to their computers.

Upon checking-out and while tugging our four luggage towards the front entrance, hotel staff simply stood around and stared at us without offering any help.

We were staying there as part of Trafalgar group tour but were only very glad to shift to St Germain Hotel at Rue Du Bac at the end of the tour to experience true Parisian hospitality and see the real Paris.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AlicePng
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I attended a conference at the convention centre at La Defense, and the Renaissance was certainly well located to the centre. It was only a five minute walk and this was one of the highlights compared to other attendees I knew who had to travel half an hour each morning to the conference centre. The hotel itself is comfortable enough, however the rooms are fairly tired, not large and need upgrading. The electrics in my first room did not work - something I only discovered AFTER unpacking all my things for my four day stay. After several visits from the service staff failed to resolve the problem, I had to completely pack up my luggage again and move to another room. This was very inconvenient and not anyone's idea of a great start. I did feel that the hotel must be aware of the electrical issues and should check these BEFORE people are checked into rooms. A colleague also had electrical issues in their room but not to the same degree as me.

On the plus side, the staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful. And a truly unexpected highlight was the hotel restaurant. The food and wine was outstanding. I eat out alot and consider myself a good judge. I also dined at some very expensive restaurants in central Paris, however the hotel restaurant for some reason had an excellent menu, superb waiting staff and the food we had was just outstanding. I had a mushroom and chicken dish and it was fantastic. The wine recommendation of our waiter was also excellent.

I would stay again if the hotel maintenance issues were attended to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I overheard someone at work raving about the ideal location of this hotel, so I made a reservation for a two day (1 night) stay in Paris. The website boasted about an "only 129 Euro" offer for a deluxe room, which I then booked.

Only on returning from my trip did I realise that there are no "standard" rooms advertised on the Marriott website - instead they seem to call their standard rooms deluxe rooms. What was supposed to be deluxe, I have no idea. The attribute didn't fit the room, and it certainly didn't fit the bathroom.

Very dusty skirting boards in the bathroom, one side of the tiles had mouldy grouting, and the bathroom floor had definitely not been cleaned in a while as stated by several dirty spots and stains.

As someone else mentioned before, the room was extremely warm. I had to turn the air conditioning to the coldest setting for the room to get to a bearable temperature.

The good things about this hotel:
Although normal check-in time is 3 pm, and I asked for check-in around 1 pm, the room was ready when I arrived early around 11:30 am.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
The location at the end of metro line 1 is a definite plus. Line 1 will get you into the city center very quickly.

Even if the price of 129 Euros for Paris is not bad, I'd rather pay more for a hotel that offers a "real" deluxe room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KikiOrleans
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Had to atay in Paris for few nights and as have to work at La Defense thought let me book something around this area. Big mistake as this was a bad experience. Paid 250 eur per night which in itself is not over the top however the quality was bad. Old dated room, too warm and impossible to turn down heating, additional charges for WIFi of Eur 19 per day and breakfast Eur 25 per day for a croissant and cup of coffee. Should say that the front desk staff was friendly but unfortunaly the overall experience was bad !

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Herman H
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here as the place where I usually stay was full. Perfectly ok modern hotel. Located at the far end of la Defense, about 5 minutes walk from the metro. Finding the entrance is a bit difficult at first as it is at a lower level. My room was an ok size, but no free internet. The breakfast pricing is a bit bizzarre with different prices depending on what you want. Sounds ok, but choose the cheapest option and you will find that some basic things aren't on your list. This hotel is ok, but made me realise just how much better the place where I usually stay is, for a similar price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business