“Not professional ”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
London, United Kingdom
“Not professional ”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I arrived in my taxi on a Sunday evening and the door staff stated arguing with my driver saying he was parked in the wrong place. As my first time here I needed directions to reception and had to interrupt the argument to get them. My room key stopped working mid stay. The room was musty and dated with black mould in bathroom. The fridge was so old I turned if off from fear of electrical fire. At breakfast the yogurts were out of date and not removed after I notified staff. They recycle the pots of water for tea and coffee from table to table, so you may end up with an empty pot if the previous table drank it. The dinner was ok, but the waiter was awful. He did not bring a few of the items ordered and he had bad body odour.
I recommend to try another hotel in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
thibaut p, director of operations at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I'm coming back to you concerning your disappointment with the general service in our hotel, please accept my personal apologies.

I have informed both the Front Office Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager concerning these issues and they will certainly be taking your points under consideration.

I wish to thank you for bringing this situation to our attention, as it is due to comments such as yours that we can perfect our standards of service.

We thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and prove to you that your experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Sincerely yours,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've been in that hotel for business purposes. The hotel is very nice, though the rooms need some renovation. Yet, it is very clean. The best point of this hotel is their staff - everybody is so nice and helpful, for example, my room safe didn't work, in a matter of minutes someone came and fixed it. They always want to make you happy.
The only fault is that it is not located in the center of Paris, yet you have a Metro station next to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located near the metro station. Good size rooms with all amenities. Expensive room service but that is to be expected. Very nice breakfast buffet that accommodates all tastes. Recommended especially for businesses travellers

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tolmezzo, Italia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Sorry, but I find it disgraceful that a large chain hotel charges a ridiculous amount of money for a room that is two cents shy of a total dump. The hotel is outdated, the staff looks depressed, and the quality of the room is beyond an insult. In this case they tried to dress up the early 1980's-styled rooms with some ¨Tokyo¨ theme, at least that's what I found in the bathrooms. I am all for the small boutique hotels, that charge less, provide clean, comfortable, stylish environments...maybe the smaller hotels don't offer amenities like a gym, but a nice walk in Paris does as much for the body as for the mind and soul. These megahotelschains that charge you for everything, even a squalid bottle of overpriced cheap French red wine, should be ashamed of themselves...they simply rip people off...I hope people are getting smarter!

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lorenzo C
thibaut p, director of operations at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Hotel Paris La Defense for your stay
in Paris.

Please be assured that the satisfaction of our customers is a paramount
concern to us, and all your comments definitely help us improve the service
we provide.

We really apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future and
to make your stay memorable.

In the meantime, should you need any further assistance, please feel free to
contact me.

Yours Sincerely,
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 29 March 2014

During my 5 day stay ,I found its location suitable for bussinessmans not for tourists.and also what so depressed me was separation of breakfast saloon for Asian peoole, with poor facilities and few drinks when compared to the main sallon.somebody told me its like Racism. but I cant forget very nice and delighted Miss.navigator.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank reza b
thibaut p, director of Operations at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us concerning your recent stay in Paris and our Renaissance Hotel.

Marriott’s approach to diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in our history and core values. It is also one of the most important foundations for future success as we continue to serve an increasingly diverse world of travelers.

The separation for breakfast has a goal of centralizing the groups, in this manner we are able to satisfy both, our group members, who can enjoy a calm and quiet breakfast with one another in a private setting, and our individual guests who are able to enjoy their breakfast without a sudden crowding of the restaurant.

I’ll also share your warm comments to Marie Paule our Head Navigator.

Sincerely yours
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first stay in Europe as I was attending the expo and chose this hotel for the lounge access "as I am a gold member" and I brought my wife so it was within walking distance to the mall so she could shop while I was at expo. We stayed here 3 nights and moved to downtown Paris after. I am a frequent traveler to Asia so I am use to huge, modern, first class rooms and this hotel seemed very outdated to me. I did get an amazing rate so I wasn't expecting it to be phenomenal but I was definitely unhappy with my room. It was old and bathroom was small and outdated but the staff was more than happy to move me. They offered me a corner suite room for more money "which was larger but not much better for the upgrade of money and faced construction out back so we ended up getting just a larger reg. room and it was fine. We went out to eat and came back and there was a bottle of champagne for us, which was so nice. The staff was always talking to us and making sure we were happy and if we needed anything. They were terrific. I am use to getting upgraded to executive suites in Asia for free just for going frequently but things are different in Paris so don't expect a nice free upgrade. U do however have lounge access and free internet for gold + members.

The lounge was nice with a decent selection for breakfast and snacks. I loved the cappuccino machine in the lounge alone! We ended up moving our hotel 2 days earlier just for the fact that we wanted to experience downtown Paris and had no reason to be in this part of France.

I wasn't really impressed with this hotel again as the rooms seemed outdated to what I am use to but I cant say enough good about the hotel staff. Very professional and helpful. Its really not bad for the price, just don't expect first class rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mark4027
thibaut p, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for choosing our Renaissance Hotel Paris la Defense for your last visit to Paris.
We sincerely appreciated your taking the time to comment your stay at our Hotel.

Guest satisfaction is one of the core values for Marriott Hotels worldwide, and we are happy to see that you find our staff amazing.
We could understand that the general quality of the room did not meet your expectations. In order for us to strive for the quality of service that you expect to find at Marriott Hotels, we are actually implementing a renovation process that should start at the end of the year 2014.

It is only thanks to your feedback that we will be able to make ourselves better tomorrow.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel as we would very much welcome the opportunity to make you discover the best experiences you would expect in a Marriott hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Although quite a distance from the airport, it is strategically located a stone throw from the underground station from where you can pretty much easily get anywhere you want. It is also close to the 4 temps mall but can get quite secluded at night because it is a business district.

The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are always ready to help. Breakfast buffet is a good spread and room service meals aren't bad either.

I'll definitely be staying there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple