Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
US$195
Novotel
US$76
US$73
Best Western Rives de Paris La Defense(Courbevoie)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel le Dauphin(Puteaux)(Great Value!)
US$118
getaroom.com
  • Room Service
US$253
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness districtthe executive loungemetro stationnice hotelbusiness tripcorner roomgrand archbed was very comfortablerooms are largeshopping malltaxi ridegrande archean upgradelarge mallquatre tempschamps elyseescroissants
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is a bit difficult to find if driving as this part of La Defense could be confusing but I took a cab and it costed about 60EUR from the airport.

Because of its location, whenever you order a cab, it arrives with about 7 - 10 EUR already charged on the counter because of the distance it has to come from so bear that in mind.

Check-in was fine, staff seemed courteous and eager to help.

The room was a bit disappointing--it just seemed mediocre but I guess it's typical Marriott fashion. Furnishings weren't too tasteful. And bathroom amenities were very basic. The bathroom and toilet was also very basic, even in the top floor suites!

Breakfast in the restaurant was okay but if I had time I'll look for other options nearby. They serve free coffee in the lobby so you can grab that and then head out hunting for nearby breakfast places :)

During the stay the wifi stopped working. While they said they were working on it, it didnt seem apparent to me that this was a priority. The only alternative offered was to connect with the cable in the room. But this doesn't work for iPads and phones, obviously.

Bottomline: I probably would not stay here again if I had to stay in La Defense for work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Pros: The rooms which are clean, tidy and comfortable are large by Paris standards.
The hotel operates a busy lounge bar offering a good value happy hour from about 5-7pm Mon-Fri. Overall the hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
A large shopping centre - including Sephora, DIM, GAP plus a big supermarket - is an easy five minute walk away. A further two minutes and you are at the Metro station.

Cons: The hotel is located in the business district, so very busy by day and very quiet by night even more so over the weekend. If travelling alone I would not recommend walking back to the hotel from the metro late at night ~ it's a bit off-putting.
There are very limited choices for dining out at night in/around La Defense.
The hotel charges for internet access which just should not happen these days - other hotels do it
too and it is a total rip off.
Checking out is a very slow process (reception is often understaffed) so ensure you allow enough time.

Summary:
If you have business in/around La Defense - then this hotel is a good practical choice.
However when visiting Paris for pleasure I prefer to stay in different area closer to the heart of Paris where there are more things to do and see and a far greater choice of dining out options.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue M
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We than you for your feedback on your stay at The Renaissance Paris La Défense.

We sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and we thank you for your nice comments about the rooms, the bar, and the location. We also noticed your constructive feedback, and we would like to inform you that we tke them into consideration, and we do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I remain at your disposal whenever my assistance should be required

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is a reasonable business hotel in La Defense. The rooms are a good size. They are looking a little tired and the mini bar is very basic i.e. water, beer and 2 soft drinks only. The location of this hotel if you have business in La Defense is perfect. The price per night is OK.
I had a buffet breakfast which was good. I also at in the brassiere, good but expensive for lunch.
If you hire a room for meetings becareful of Expensive AV charges.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us.

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel location and services, we also noticed your comments about the minibar and the rooms, your comments are very valuable to us and allow us to improve our quality of service.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you again soon

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This review is a little hard for me to write as I have stayed at this hotel for many years as it's been our preferred hotel in Paris. We have always enjoyed staying here as it's convenient to everything in Paris via the metro which is very close to the hotel. The rooms have always been nice and reasonably priced. But over the last couple of years the rooms have become a little rundown and showing signs of needing refurbishment. On my recent stay the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were hanging loose and ready to fall, the sink drain stoppers wouldn't work when you wanted. The carpets are worn. Being a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member we receive concierge level service and I was one the concierge level. If the quality of the room on this level is in disrepair I would wonder what it would be like on the lower levels. The Executive Lounge here has also continued the decline in both service and quality. The service by the staff has become very poor. During breakfast the staff members wouldn't clean off a table when someone would leave so there we would need to clear the tables our self to have a place to eat. The breakfast food in the Executive lounge also has been declining in selection and quality. Powdered scrambled eggs in the Executive lounge? Very limited selections of fruit, cereals but no milk available. Now being a Platinum member I didn't pay for this, but, if I had paid for Concierge Level service and received this food I would be upset. They really need to upgrade the level for this lounge. Try visiting some other Marriott Executive lounges to compare this one to. Overall this has been my go to hotel in Paris for many years but unfortunately I might need to look at some other options here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Globalexpress
Ali N, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay, we are very proud to have such a loyal guest like you, we are pleased to read your nice comments about the rooms and the location.

Please be assured that your comments are noticed, your concerns are also addressed, and actions are taken accordingly. We do apologize for any inconvenience you did encounter during your stay.
We sincerely hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me whenever my assistance is required.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location is 6.km from the city centre with views over the Business district. Gare du Nord to hotel by Metro takes 40 min. You are only 3 min walk from distant views of the Arch de triumph. The building is triangular with a central Lift lobby. There are fours very fast lifts that have room key secure access. The food & drink services are very expensive compared to regional hotels. Rooms are large, quiet and plush. In room coffee & tea is supplied but very basic. The room was very comfortable with a king size bed. Air conditioning was quitet & one window could be partially opened. Shower over the deep bath would be a problem for people who are unsteady or with balance issues. Room has a safe plus Deposit boxes available from reception. Free, fast Wi-Fi inc in lobby, BUT €19.90 fee per day fee for room access. Breakfast menu had an acceptable range of typical cold selections. Hot food was powdered scrambled egg, sausage & bacon. No Espresso coffee! Service on two days was poor with staff having to be asked to replenish items and provide cereal bowls, spoons etc, serving table was wobbly causing spillages of juices. 4 Star hotel, no bread toaster!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RetireeBob
thibaut p, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you appreciated the location, the comfort of our rooms and their equipment.

However, I also understand that the service you received at breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience you faced.
We constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality and service and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals.

I hope this regrettable matter will not deter you from returning back to visit our hotel and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist you with anything else.