“Good Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good business hotel - not cheap (just because it is in La Defance it is more expensive than the city!)
Easy check in , good rooms , very comfortable and spacious. Good nights sleep and a quiet room.
Only dissapointmet is the breakfast - a bizarre system making people wait to be seated where they try to seat people according to party size (so if you are on your own you wait for a single table whilst 50% of the tables are empty & set for 4) - it took 20 minutes to get seated. Food was nice though !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments shared with the TripAdvisor community.
I am pleased to read that you appreciated our room and its comfort. I am however concerned about your constructive remarks regarding the quality of service at the breakfast. I sincerely apologize and I would like to assure you that we have taken the appropriate measures.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Frederic Clement

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

A large modern hotel with the latest technology but also touches of luxury details and very personalized.
The rooms are very comfortable, the bedding is perfect and the cleanliness of the hotel is spectacular.
Employees are smiling and professional.
A good point for the renovation of the restaurant, so trendy and very nice especially for the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pullman Paris La Défense and for taking the time to write about your experience.
I am very pleased to read that you appreciated your stay and that we met your expectations. I will share your comment with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Frederic Clement
haarlemmermeer
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel was booked by the company and at a discount so I'm not going to comment on the room rate.

Location is convenient if you have business in the area. Take the Metro or RER to La Defense. Get out towards the Grand Arche and you will see the hotel on the right. Not very handicapped friendly since you need to go down 2 floors of stairs to reach the entrance of the hotel.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Lobby is an unattractive but clean marble and chrome affair. Elevators play annoyingly loud musak. You need your room key to access the room floors, getting it to read in the elevators is a bit of a knack.

My room was a decent size for a Paris hotel.Style was quite classic. Enough closet space and an electric kettle in the room. Unfortunately no mugs but tiny coffee cups which doesn't work well for tea. Windows do not open but there's a good airco system. Bathroom was roomy for parisian standards and featured one of those big rain showers. The bathroom did show some minor signs of wear, not something I'd expect in this class of hotels.
The bed on the other hand... I've travelled extensively but rarely have encountered such a comfortable bed! A mattress of just the right firmness and none of those too hot synthetic duvets that are so common in accor group hotels.
Wifi reception was good and the free internet fast enough. What was lacking was any kind of hotel directory or even a room service menu.

Breakfast is a good selection of the usual things, warm dishes were constantly in good supply.

Biggest disappointment was the bar and the restaurant. Furniture was chosen for it's design and not it's comfort. Prices are insane! A (very good) hamburger and fries, 29 euros. Pint, 10 euros. A caesar salad, 23 euros. At that price you expect at least impeccable service which I didn't get.

My advice would be to send about half the staff on a course to improve their English from basic to conversational and to reconsider the bar prices. I think if you'd cut them by 40% you could easily double the business.

All in all a good hotel but I think next time I'll stay elsewhere with some more restaurants and bars within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Paris La Défense. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was our last stop on our European tour and we were very happy with our spacious and comfortable room, it was also well equipped and clean. We were also happy with the buffet breakfast. Overall a very good choice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadine M
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Nadine,

We are delighted to read that you had a nice time at Pullman Paris La Défense during your European holiday tour.

I have shared with our Housekeeping Manager and Food and Beverage Manager your comments about your stay.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Quality is always related to price. It is not standalone. When you 355 euros and have no hot water to shave and have bath, then quality is VERY VERY POOR. The only reason that I do not rate it TERRIBLE is that all other services were quite OK. Bare in mind that I did complain at the check out and nobody sent me en email to apologize. For such a price and Hotel status, for me it is unacceptable. Finally, the queues at the check out were very long.

1 Thank Konstantin L
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Konstantin,

I am really sorry to read your comments posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

Could you please contact me directly on H3013-QM@accor.com in order to provide me with you contact details and I will be delighted to be in touch with you.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of our European tour, rooms are spacious, well equipped and rooms spotlessly clean. Our breakfast was a good choice of hot and cold food, overall very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mickg54
I appreciate you providing us with your feedback following your recent stay at Pullman Paris La Défense.

I did take note of the points you raised regarding staff english skills and also the price at the Bar I will address with the hotel management team.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for one week. The staff are friendly, always happy. However the price of the hotel does not meet the overall standard of the hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is fine - clean, modern. As the other reviewers have said, it is a standard corporate hotel. You feel like you could be in a hotel anywhere in the world because there is nothing Parisian or French about it.

We had the air conditioning set to the lowest setting - 18 degrees - but it felt like the room was about 28 degrees. The windows cannot be opened. So, it can feel a bit stuffy after the first day or so.

I definitely do not recommend the restaurant. It is very overpriced. I had the steak and it was not worth the 35EUR!!! We found a great Italian restaurant around the corner called Le Bistro de Courbevoie. It's looks like a bit of a dive but the lasagne and pizzas were so good we went back twice in one week :) A meal for two with wine was 35EUR at the Italian restaurant. Much better value!

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the RER and metro and getting to the centre of Paris takes about 20 - 30minutes. A taxi to Gare du Nord at around 4.30pm costs 35 EUR but it would have been quicker on the metro.

There is a large shopping centre 10 minutes walk away with everything you need including a large supermarket.

For business travellers, this hotel is fine - it is in the business district and an easy walk to many business buildings. Book the iron and ironing board though because sometimes you have to wait for it. You can book it the evening before you need it. Given it is a hotel in the business district you would think the rooms came with an iron and ironing board!

2 Thank MelodyLS
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Mélody,

Thank you very much for your comments following your stay in our property.

I will pass on the message to my team. I am sure they will serve as an encouragement as we seek to provide the highest quality of service.
I am sorry that your experience at the restaurant did not meet your expectations. As you may have noticed, it has been completely refurbished and we now suggest Power Lunch Menu in our restaurant Quinte & Sens Restaurant with Entrée + Main or Main + Coffee&Delicacies for 29 euros.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.