“Cool hotel, friendly staff and really comfortable bed”

Pullman Paris La Defense
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in La Defense
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is located in La Defense which is the commercial district dominated by offices. The area is ultra modern with big pointy buildings in every direction. The hotel is five minutes walk (a nice walk even at night) from the RER station and two nice shopping centres. Both have nice restaurants and shops across the ranges. It is just as close to the big arch.

The hotel building is modern and cool looking and the lobby is of the same ilk. Parked undrgound in secure Pullman car park (€25/24hr). Check in was friendly (surprising for Paris) (Pauline- thumbs up) and efficient. I judge friendly by normal standards. Not unacceptably low parisian standards so this was a surprise.

Room was spacious and had big shower room. No bath, not that I wanted one, but a monsoon shower (better than a bath in my opinion). Nice toiletries. English tv channels and an english plug socket! Nice touch. The bed is sooooo good.

Had coffees in the bar with friends. Bar is cool.

Would stay again, impressed when I was expecting the same old same old.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the arch.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Lorenzo,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pullman Paris La Défense for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our services.
Indeed, our location at the heart of La Défense is very convenient and it is nice to know you found it easy to get around.
We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

A very well place to stay in Paris. Close to the Metro Line 1 at La Defence, you will find Shopping Malls, Good Restaurants, and Public Transportation in a walk distance. the Hotel is very confortable, clean and quite, eventhough the cortesy of some of the staff is not the best. But considering to be a Non French spoken, it is one of the characteristic of the Parisiense people. They don't like to much to speak English and make an effort to show it to you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I am delighted that you appreciated our location and comfort. We are committed to the satisfaction of our customers and I took good note of your comment regarding the courtesy of our staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip. Chose this hotel because of the location next to my office, as also because of L'Accor group. The location is very good if you in La Defense for the business.

The room is clean, and well decorated. Amenities are excellent. The bathroom is ergonomically designed. However, the thermostat does not work and the room was constantly over heated, and very dried. This requires immediate fixing.

Most of the staffs are nice, friendly and polite. The night auditor, however, was cold and unfriendly. A clear difference in hospitality at the front desk between day time and night time.

The food at the breakfast is good, but the coffee served at the table is NOT. The coffee literally tastes like black water. There is a Starbucks nearby the hotel which I shamefully admitted to have frequent after my breakfast.

Overall, it's a good trip. However, next time I visit La Defense for business trip, I will stay at my usual choice, the SOFITEL.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ChayZ
HotelPullman, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pullman Paris La Défense and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are very delighted that you appreciated our room, completely refurbished and our service.
I will convey your appreciations to our team as they are a great source of motivation.
I have also taken note of your comments regarding the thermostat in your room. May I kindly ask you to give us by private e-mail your room number in order to take the appropriate measures to solve the matter? You can contact Chloë, our Quality and Attitude Manager at h3013-qm@accor.com.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Frederic Clement
Pullman Paris la Défense

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This Pullman Hotel is a tricky call. My review is based on staying here for a week. For the price, combined with some other factors I will mention, it is merely average. However, areas where the hotel does well might be more important to you. Key points...

1. The hotel does best in its rooms, particularly the bathrooms and housekeeping. The bathrooms are large with nice tubs and rain head showers. My room, while not spotless when I arrived, was cleaned every day.
2. The hotel location is in La Defense in the centre of the Paris corporate world. It is also 5 minutes pedestrian zone walk to the metro and a large, albeit rather sterile shopping mall. There are no good restaurants in walking distance.
3. The hotel is 20-30 minutes via Metro from the heart of the tourist action. It is quite far from both main airports. In fact, be sure to leave early if you have a flight out from CDG.
4. At the entrance of the hotel, there was a strong smell of Abercrombie type cologne always. It was overpowering, but I finally figured that it was there to mask a sewage smell that I also detected.
5. Service here is average. When I tried to speak to the staff, information was often incomplete or inaccurate. There was no great eagerness to help. When I arrived late the first night, I was told that there would be nothing open to eat, but I could get room service. Well, I walked five minutes and the first place I came to was still serving.
6. Breakfast here is forgettable. The best part is that it is served in the hotel's restaurant space, which is nice. I prepaid 25€ each morning for breakfast. While it is a fairly large spread, the hot items are limited, lukewarm, bland, and greasy; the coffee tastes like black water; and everything else could be had at a low budget hotel as a part of their "free" breakfast. You cannot special order an omelette or anything for your 25€. Clearly, this is a corporate expense account kind of deal. Skip it.
7. They do offer complimentary wi-fi.

This is a 3 1/2 star kind of place for its overall value. If you have business in La Defense, This might be a reasonable option. The rooms are comfortable and clean. If you need proximity to tourist sites or airports, you could do better.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbc421

Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your stay at Pullman Paris La Défense.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience. Please rest assured that we attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations in every aspect. I work for an airline and have experienced hotels all over the world. The quality of the hotel, size of the rooms including bathrooms was great compared to most Paris hotels. Easy access to all transportation. Very comfortable bed and wonderful linens. Very quiet. Did not eat in hotel but found several nice places to eat close by. Staff was helpful with all requests including use of a converter, yoga mat and placing phone call. Suggest using the hotel car service for going to the airport since it will actually be cheaper than a metered taxi. Best way is to use metro and RER.

Room Tip: Rooms were the quietest that I have found at a hotel. Excellent drapes to shut out light. Stayed o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Paris La Défense.

We are delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we seek to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Our location is indeed an advantage as it allows our guests to enjoy the shops nearby and public transports which get you easily anywhere in Paris.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Pullman is a little way out of the main tourist area but still close enough by public transport to get around. The area has a great shopping centre behind it and the buses appear to run very regularly.

The rooms themselves were spacious and the beds were like sleeping on clouds. Everything you could want was available in the room. The tv even had some english speaking channels which was a welcome sight to be able to hear about what was happening on the other side of the world.

Breakfast on the other hand - forget about it. I am not sure if it was because we were with a group but there was no one to greet you at the door. You went in to find a table and no one came near you to clear the table from the previous diner (direct eye contact didn't even work). We cleared our own table and so did others. The food was cold and very little of it. We were talking to people in the lift later in the day who said they stay at the Pullman for work but NEVER eat in the restaurant as it is always like that.

Overall I would stay here again for location and the room. Don't bother with bed and breakfast packages as it is a waste of time and energy. Find somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kylie D
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pullman Paris La Défense for your recent trip and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Regarding the location of our hotel, you have well pointed out that it lies at the heart of La Défense. However, the proximity with Paris – only 7 minutes by train or metro to the Champs-Elysées – allow us to meet the needs of tourists. In addition, the shopping center “Les 4 Temps” is one of the largest in Europe, offering shops, restaurants and a cinema.

I am sorry that your experience during breakfast did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and your satisfaction. Therefore our Food and Beverage team has been informed of the matter and I will personally make sure that they stay attentive to our customers and provide efficient service.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Great hotel, very spacious rooms, which is a rarity in Paris, unless you pay lots of euros. This is not a cheap hotel, but is great value for what you pay and in comparison to a lot of hotels is not too bad. It is of course very corporate and not particularly French, but is in great location for public transport (RER, metro and tram all in 5 min walk)
The rooms are very well sized, very clean, we had a great view over Paris, lots of extras like slippers, dressing gowns, mini fridge, nice toiletries in the bathroom.
Reception staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, with a large variety of produce.
We have always stopped over in Montparnasse, which is a lovely area, but we will be going back to the pullman next time.
Merci

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niblets
PullmanLaDefense, Directeur général at Pullman Paris La Defense, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We would be pleased to welcome you again soon.